Females...are you the MAN in your relationship?

Options
1235»

Replies

• CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    "shizzle"

33wup2d.jpg
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Sounds like depression/anxiety. My hubs struggles with depression though he's doing well after therapy and medication.

I kind of cringe at your post which effectively buys into the meme that struggling with depression/anxiety is somehow "unmanly". It's a hidden epidemic in men because so many people believe that.

I also note that it sounds like a lot of insecurity there. Again, not a gender related trait.

Thank-you for posting this. Everybody's like "He's a p*ssy, blah blah blah...." No, he has major emotional problems. Even men can have major emotional problems, believe it or not.

However, that doesn't mean the OP has to stick around and deal with it, and it doesn't mean that she is obligated to fix this guy. If he doesn't want to get help, there's probably not much anyone can do until he decides he wants out of the black hole.

Wow you're good. You can diagnose people with clinical depression without ever having met them! Thank you Dr. Blonde. :huh:

Sorry, but I'm getting a little tired of people looking to use some medical excuse for good old fashioned bad behavior. This is an epidemic in our country. Its okay, you're excused, now take your medicine. Ugh.

I recognize that the guys father died, and Im not trying to come off harshly. But its not like it happened a month ago. Its been a couple years now. Time to pick yourself up and move on with life. You cant continue to use it a crutch so you can get away with making somebody else's life miserable.

We all experience loss in life. I guess we should all be seeking treatment. :noway:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Sounds like depression/anxiety. My hubs struggles with depression though he's doing well after therapy and medication.

I kind of cringe at your post which effectively buys into the meme that struggling with depression/anxiety is somehow "unmanly". It's a hidden epidemic in men because so many people believe that.

I also note that it sounds like a lot of insecurity there. Again, not a gender related trait.

Thank-you for posting this. Everybody's like "He's a p*ssy, blah blah blah...." No, he has major emotional problems. Even men can have major emotional problems, believe it or not.

However, that doesn't mean the OP has to stick around and deal with it, and it doesn't mean that she is obligated to fix this guy. If he doesn't want to get help, there's probably not much anyone can do until he decides he wants out of the black hole.

Wow you're good. You can diagnose people with clinical depression without ever having met them! Thank you Dr. Blonde. :huh:

Sorry, but I'm getting a little tired of people looking to use some medical excuse for good old fashioned bad behavior. This is an epidemic in our country. Its okay, you're excused, now take your medicine. Ugh.

I recognize that the guys father died, and Im not trying to come off harshly. But its not like it happened a month ago. Its been a couple years now. Time to pick yourself up and move on with life. You cant continue to use it a crutch so you can get away with making somebody else's life miserable.

We all experience loss in life. I guess we should all be seeking treatment. :noway:

Way to take'em to church! I couldn't agree more
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I love ya man. Couldnt have said it better
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I think I'm in lurve.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options

thank you....I thought that her post went too far but I chose not to comment on it because I did not know how it would go down.....thank you :)
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    Break up with him.

He has issues he needs to deal with, and sure you can sympathize with that but his behaviour is *abusive* and manipulative. You deserve better then that and you are not responsible for his state of mind. You can't help him. Staying with him and letting yourself get guilt tripped into submitting to his manipulations is only going to allow this pattern to stay entrenched. He needs to see a therapist and you need to stop letting him get away with his BS.

Walk away and don't look back.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You said you are changing your phone number. Good first step. But you are worried he will show up at your work or home. When you break it off with him you need to be VERY clear with him. Tell him it's over, this is not healthy or good for either of you. Tell him to NOT contact you in any way, and tell him clearly - do NOT show up at my house or my job because if you do show up at either place I WILL call the police. If you have roommates let them know that you are breaking it off and told him this, and if they see him they should call the police. Also, notify your work about this. Hopefully just you telling him that you WILL call the police if he shows up where you are will be enough of a deterrent. However, if he does show up after you've told him this you must follow through and call the police for harassment and stalking.

Just be very clear...I'm out. Not healthy. Do NOT call or show up to my work or home. I will call police if you do. End.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was in a relationship where i was the guy. He cried more than I did. Needless to say I can't stand when a man cries anymore (which is terrible because there are legit reasons for men to cry). I wouldn't stick around if you have to buy him flowers and write essays. That's just nuts
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    And yeah he's always the one breaking up with me....but I'm the fool that keeps going back....but it's becasuse he just guilties me into thinking everything was my fault ahhh

Sounds to me like you know what to do.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It really sounds like you are looking for validation about breaking up with him.

It's okay. Do it. You can break up with him. I give you permission.