I can't do it :(

Options
I desperately want to lose weight. but it's so hard! because with the calorie limit MFP gives me (to lose 1 lb per week) no matter how much protein I eat, water I drink or veggies I eat I'm STARVING.

I woke up this morning and I was so hungry it actually hurt. and I already ate around 1100 calories today because I was just so so hungry :( I kept having hunger pangs.

we're having sushi tonight at a local resteraunt (all food is cooked and served 100% fresh) and I have no idea what to do...
my calorie limit is 1290. I'm a female at 5'3 inches and 151 lbs. I'm 20.

I feel like I'll never reach my goal weight :(

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    All you can do is keep at it - but whatever you do, don't ever give up on yourself!
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options
    Don't eat until you get to the sushi restaurant. that's if you can last that long. that way you can splurge all you want on sushi!! Also look up "ghrelin" It's probably that is the cause of your hunger. Fight it and win! GL
  • stephygetsfit2
    Options
    it's not very fair that I have to torture myself just to lose weight...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You've been at it less than a month. Don't inspect instant results. If that calorie limit is too low, set it at TDEE-20% or exercise more and eat up your exercise calories.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary so we can get an idea of what your eating. 1290 maybe too low for you.
  • stephygetsfit2
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs last year but every since then losing weight has been hopeless. and everytime it's asked here people say "don't eat your exercise calories"
  • MCsAngel2
    MCsAngel2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As I read last week about a similar post......no, life isn't fair. Yes, losing weight is hard. If losing weight was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

Open your diary for more suggestions. You've implied you eat a lot of protein...at 1290 cal you should be getting over 100g protein a day. How are your fats? Don't avoid fats (from healthy foods), they will keep you feeling full. For me, nuts are the best snack ever. They ALWAYS make me feel full.
  • stephygetsfit2
    Options
    ok diary is open
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options

I don't think it's tortue, I think it's discipline! It takes time so take baby steps. Just snack on something light for now until it's time to hit up the restaurant.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    up your exercise so you can eat more....and eat your calories back
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs last year but every since then losing weight has been hopeless. and everytime it's asked here people say "don't eat your exercise calories"

no, that is NOT what is always said around here...at least not by people that know what they are talking about.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Stop being dramatic, you don't have to starve yourself. Maybe you're making poor food choices, not getting enough protein, not eating back your exercise calories and once again 1290 is too low.

You're in the same boat as all of us so pull yourself together an open up your diary so you can get some constructive feedback.
  • stephygetsfit2
    Options
    As I read last week about a similar post......no, life isn't fair. Yes, losing weight is hard. If losing weight was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

duh? it just doesn't seem very healthy that you're practically STARVING to lose weight for a long period of time
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717277-motivation-determination-disipline-success

I just read this before I read your post! Don't give up! Eat when you are hungry and learn from your diet.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    nothing worth doing is easy
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    It looks like you need much more protein. Also track your sodium
  • stephygetsfit2
    Options
    considering the hell I've been through he past year with an eating disorder, suicide and depression I'll be as dramatic as I want.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I know - it feels like you could eat your shoe! Except... suddenly... it doesn't. You need to deal with this for a little while - but your body does adjust. Exercise is a GREAT appetite suppressant, too - do a little light cardio when you think you're hungry (a nice brisk walk) and then have a big glass of water. You'll be amazed - and then you'll see some results and you will realize how much effort YOU really are worth!
  • bubmaster
    Options
    eat more and excercise more :smile:
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

duh? it just doesn't seem very healthy that you're practically STARVING to lose weight for a long period of time

I eat all day. Once every 2 hours. You just have to figure out how to space it out and what to eat