I can't do it :(

Options

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs last year but every since then losing weight has been hopeless. and everytime it's asked here people say "don't eat your exercise calories"

no, that is NOT what is always said around here...at least not by people that know what they are talking about.

Agreed. I exercise, mainly so I can eat more. It's sustainable for me that way. The fitness is nice too, but the food is a bigger motivator. I net 1200 a day, but eat up to 2000 on workout days (usually around 1800).
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    considering the hell I've been through he past year with an eating disorder, suicide and depression I'll be as dramatic as I want.

AH-HA! then my suggestion is to eat what you want, seek professional help, and become happy emotionally BEFORE worrying about losing more weight.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    OK I am starting to think she just wants a pity party. People are giving you good suggestions.

This. Fake profile pic, too.

Troll??:noway:
  • asoeung
    asoeung Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest taking a look at the "Primal" or "Paleo" lifestyle. Notice I did not say "diet", because it's not a quick fix solution, but it's a lifestyle change that has worked wonders for myself and many others. I, too, struggled with hunger for many years. No matter what I ate and how much I ate, I would feel starving just an hour or two later. I finally have found a way of eating that doesn't leave my hungry all the time, and it's fantastic!

If you are interested in learning more, a great resource is Mark's Daily Apple - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
    Then click on the "Start Here" tab for some good info. Feel free to message me, as well.

Wishing you the best!
    -Allison
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    As I read last week about a similar post......no, life isn't fair. Yes, losing weight is hard. If losing weight was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

duh? it just doesn't seem very healthy that you're practically STARVING to lose weight for a long period of time

THEN EAT! Your body is telling you it needs more. Based on the few things you logged, you had some low days, high calories burned...you say you've heard everyone saying "don't eat back your exercise calories" but ask more people with huge WL numbers and many will say "um no...try it". Just try it...eat it back..and give it a month or two. You can't expect change in a couple weeks...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs last year but every since then losing weight has been hopeless. and everytime it's asked here people say "don't eat your exercise calories"

A lot of people say to eat your exercise calories. Regardless of starvation mode or whatever, you're set at a deficit BEFORE exercise to lose weight, so you'll still lose if you eat them back. Eating them when I really need them helps me feel better and stay on a diet longer.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Don't have time to read the thread, so please forgive me if I am repeating what others have said.... I find that the more muscle I put on, the less hungry I am. Go to the gym and try to increase your weights every single session & see what happens . It also helps me to do half an hour of intense elliptical first thing in the morning..... Feel better soon!
  • You can only do this IF YOU WANT TO DO IT !!! you got all this motivation from people use it for good always remember GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION !!! you will do fine eat about 5 times a day and get out to go to the gym go running something that burns calories !
  • ifixyospeech
    ifixyospeech Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    that's the deal, honey! you don't get an awesome-looking body without a ****-ton of hard work and sacrifice. it took me a long time to realize that, and when i finally did, i broke my foot running a 5k. now i'm back and starting from square one, but i know it's going to be a long hard journey and i'm prepared for it.

just accept that it's going to suck, but then you'll get used to it and then it won't suck so bad anymore.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You don't have to starve to lose weight. Make sure you are netting a healthy amount of calories and netting at least 1200. If 1200 NET still feels too low, then bump it up to 1400 net. Also there's a period of adjustment if you're used to stuffing your face all the time. It takes some discipline. Also vegetables are very low calorie for the amount. You can eat tons of them to full you up and still meet your calorie goal. This is why trying to keep junk and/or processed foods in your weight loss plan can be a negative sometimes. Foods like that usually have tons of calories for a small amount, versus vegetables, which have very little calories for a big amount. I see in your diary, you are trying to net extremely low. There's your problem.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    considering the hell I've been through he past year with an eating disorder, suicide and depression I'll be as dramatic as I want.

2476265_o.gif
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Are you in counseling? I seriously hope you are with all that you just described. Attempted suicide is no joke - to me weight loss is so far down on the list of things you need to take care of.
    Best wishes.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Eat more fiber.. It will help you stay full... Eat 6 small meals a day...maybe that will help
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Eat more. Do some math according to the above link. I eat 1900 calories a day.

Take advice given to you, or check out this link:

http://memebase.cheezburger.com/gocryemokid

:laugh:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be dramatic. I'm frustrated because almost every reply so far has this holier than thou attitude to it.

um, most of them were NOT. saying things can be hard, asking to see your diary, and suggesting protein and eating exercise cals is not negative...its your preception bc it was not what you wanted to hear.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I desperately want to lose weight. but it's so hard! because with the calorie limit MFP gives me (to lose 1 lb per week) no matter how much protein I eat, water I drink or veggies I eat I'm STARVING.

I woke up this morning and I was so hungry it actually hurt. and I already ate around 1100 calories today because I was just so so hungry :( I kept having hunger pangs.

we're having sushi tonight at a local resteraunt (all food is cooked and served 100% fresh) and I have no idea what to do...
    my calorie limit is 1290. I'm a female at 5'3 inches and 151 lbs. I'm 20.

I feel like I'll never reach my goal weight :(

Question: Do you eat really fast? I've heard that it takes 20 minutes for the body to realize it's full. If you eat really fast it might not be giving your body time to realize it.
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with the pity party. She's not even listening to the suggestions. Just trying to make herself look like the worst life story out there so we can all have sympathy *eyeroll*
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This is not my answer. I was told that if I ate what I was supposed to eat and was till hungry, I just had to be hungry. So I stayed hungry, and I compared myself to people who are actually hungry and don't have anything to eat. So I stayed hungry until I got accustomed to the pain. Now I cant even eat all the calories I'm supposed to because I get too full too quickly and that's not good either. So darn if I do darn if I dont. Back to you, people on here can give excellent suggestions. Listen to them and find your level ground. but still - those hunger pains will eventually go away.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    As I read last week about a similar post......no, life isn't fair. Yes, losing weight is hard. If losing weight was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

duh? it just doesn't seem very healthy that you're practically STARVING to lose weight for a long period of time

It's not healthy. First off, according to your diary you have 1700 cals today. I eat 2000 cals on workout days to maintain and i"m 40. LIft weights...it'll rev your metabolism and you can eat more
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    why I'm not allowed to be on this site unless I have an actual photo of myself? screw you.

You are absolutely allowed to be here, but no one is being "holier than thou" with you.

Your diary is kind of a mess anyway, but on the 2 days you have logged, you finished the day with ~600 calories you could have eaten. Your carb goal is ridiculously high. Adjust it. Eat more fat and protein - since as someone already stated - THOSE are the things that make you feel full - which addresses your starving complaint.

So here, digest form:

1. eat more.
    2. eat more protein/fat
    3 ....
    4. Profit?