I can't do it :(

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    As I read last week about a similar post......no, life isn't fair. Yes, losing weight is hard. If losing weight was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

duh? it just doesn't seem very healthy that you're practically STARVING to lose weight for a long period of time

eat your calories and you wont starve...the TWO days you have logged in the last week have you low. you have room to eat more.
  • MCsAngel2
    MCsAngel2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary...your protein and your fat are both too low. Both are things your body needs...and they are what will make you feel full. The carbs are a bonus only for energy. Keep those carbs down around 100g, up your protein to 100g, and get your fats in (from healthy foods). Bet you won't be feeling so hungry all the time.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Exercise more.

You can eat an extra 1000 calories of you burn it off. The funny thing is on the days I burn 500 or more...I'm not even hungry.

And it might help to work on a weekly deficit instead. Exercise off 500 today to use tomorrow for dinner out...etc.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    1290cals. is not much to eat all! Maybe you can decrease your carbs, increase your protein and increase your calories to 1300-1400 range,and eat back half of your exercise calories.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    OK I am starting to think she just wants a pity party. People are giving you good suggestions.
  • MCsAngel2
    MCsAngel2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    considering the hell I've been through he past year with an eating disorder, suicide and depression I'll be as dramatic as I want.

Alrighty then! Good luck with that.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You're being a tad bit dramatic. But for an honest opinion on what you can do. Work out more so you can eat back exercise calories like everyone suggests. Get on a regular eating schedule. Plan out small meals through out the day. Up your fiber and protein. Snack on veggies with out dressing and stuff. Just eat them raw. You can practically eat that to your hearts content. Eat fruit. Drink more water. Soup is also not very filling, especially if it's mainly broth.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you. I simply cannot survive on less then 1800 calories without being starving ALL THE TIME, miserable, and wanting to quit. If you feel that horrible, DON'T DO IT!! You cannot possibly stick with it when it's that hard! Increase you calories to something you think you can handle, like 1600, and eat good, balanced meals, not 100% protein. I myself find if I do not have a significant component of whole grain carbs in my meals I am hungry in an hour or less. It may not be the same for you, but that is what I have found with myself. You have to listen to your body. You may just have a really high metabolism and require more fuel then the average girl. Adjust your intake and find your balance, just don't use the extra calories eat a bunch of crap. Add me if you want support from someone who can't do the 1200 calorie thing
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft2 and I eat 1800 calories to lose weight. Just have to stay active!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't...you're right"
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you've only been at this for 2 days? It took me a year and 1/2 to lose 40 pounds. I changed my lifestyle and everything fell into place. Seriously, quit your belly aching and buck up. Whining never helped anyone...life is tough. Better to learn this now at 20 than never...
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    OK I am starting to think she just wants a pity party. People are giving you good suggestions.

This. Fake profile pic, too.
  • stephygetsfit2
    Options
    I'm not trying to be dramatic. I'm frustrated because almost every reply so far has this holier than thou attitude to it.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    considering the hell I've been through he past year with an eating disorder, suicide and depression I'll be as dramatic as I want.

Well I am truly sorry for your troubles. I hope you can find the support you need here on the forums and hopefully you are still seeking treatment?? It sounds like you could benefit from some professional guidance. Be well and eat more!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

Alrighty then! Good luck with that.

I was gonna go with the old Dr. Phil "How's that working out for ya?', but this works too.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    if you want more calories then your going to have to exercise and that way you will have more calories and you wont have to worry about going over your calories limit
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You've been at it less than a month. Don't inspect instant results. If that calorie limit is too low, set it at TDEE-20% or exercise more and eat up your exercise calories.

^^^THIS THIS THIS
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Sometimes, what you recognize as hunger pangs are actually your body telling you it needs fluids. Drink a full glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you're still experiencing hunger pangs, go ahead and eat a little something.
  • tessex
    tessex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I have walked and stayed under my calories this week and last. I have kept my food journal. Today when I weighed I had gain weight, I wanted to cry. I am going out to eat tonight too. I am more determined to hang in there. I want to lose this weight so badly. I am so tired of not being able to find clothes that I like and fit me. I am tired of all the things I want to do and can't because of my weight. Try to keep your reasons for wanting to lose your weight in mind, write them down and put them somewhere you see several times a day. Remember this to shall pass. I am just sure it will, hang in there and you can do this.:wink:
  • soumont
    soumont Posts: 21
    Options
    Hugs to you. Okay questions (soz) - 1/ Have you spoken to your GP re the pangs? 2/ Are you drinking enough water - as the pangs culd be constipation 3/ What about exercise - are you using some of the points towards energy requirements?

And btw you can do it - you just need to believe that xx