What exercise are you doing that burns the most calories?

Options

Replies

• ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing. There is nothing like high-intensity knees to a bag. And, you get an ab workout in the process.
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a mini trampoline that shockingly burned 500-600 calories in 30 minutes. Set the tv to one of my fav shows or turn on the radio and just start bouncing. I love it. I even add some twists or reps of 25 jumping jacks, etc. The more you do the more you burn.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The best is just being active all day. Even walking 2.0mph will add up if you do it for 6 hours lol.

The fastest burn is Jacobs Ladder. I can burn between 10 and 12 cals a minute on it and it is a full body workout.... Like a stair stepper on crack!
    http://www.fitnessfactoryoutlet.com/store/Jacob-s-Ladder-Total-Body-Exerciser.html?gclid=CK-p4q3ZtbICFQQGnQod2lMAsg
  • emmagallo
    Options
    Zumba... And I love it!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Run in one hour I can burn about 1000 calories. Ive read that swimming is actually the best but I hate swimming nor is that feasible for me I can get a run in at my lunch time easily.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Arc Trainer, eliptical
    Running on treadmill tends to burn lots of weight in a short period of time too
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Regarding the elliptical... If I do 30 minutes at a hard resistance, the machine will say I burned about 700 calories, my arm band will say about 250, as will any sort of estimated calorie burn on the internet., including MFP.

My question is, why is there never a level of intensity associated with an estimated elliptical workout? Like when you enter in that you ran, it basically asks you how fast you were going? When you put in that you did 30 mins on the elliptical, it just poops out some random number. To me it would make a huge difference whether I was on level 1 or level 9.

Clear as mud?
  • lroconner
    lroconner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    4-5 mile walk/jog intervals.
  • vjt1976
    Options
    Elliptical for me! I bump up the intensity level and usually do it for 45 min.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Running without a doubt.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    mountain biking...and its fun!
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    cycling its best
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    DRIVING!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like the eliptical on days I need to burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Yesterday I was on for 40 minutes and according to the machine I burned 653 calories and yes I did enter my weight. Of course I never eat that many calories back because I don't trust it is accurate considering I get a different amount from my heart rate monitor and my fitbit.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    rock climbing.
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    same 4-5miles running and using kettlebells their great for an intense workout in half the time, the calorie burn is great around 14.6 cals a minute :-)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Running burns the most. But lifting weights helps me LOOK better!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Rollerskating burns a ton and it's not boring like running (at least for me) so I can easily go to open skate for 2 hours and burn 500 calories.

I go skating once or twice a week. Tapout XT is a great calorie burner too!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Zumba and my elliptical!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    400-500 calories would be 4-5 miles of running for me.

Ditto

Ditto too