Four pounds, 1.5 ounces of Godiva Chocolates

Options

Replies

• Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Your post made me smile :smile: , laugh :laugh: , and applaude :flowerforyou: .

I, too, have a box of Godiva chocolates. My husband got them for me, at my request (no sabotage there) on our anniversary June 30. I haven't opened them yet. I either haven't had the calories left or the desire. When I do open them, one or two will do it for me. I estimate it will take me well over a year to eat this 1 lb box of candy. I will savor each delicious bite.

You, sir, have the right attitude and I anticipate that your journey to personal health will be as successful as the other aspects of your life have been.

I love my FitBit, by the way-a total slave-driver, but so helpful!
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Loved reading this post. I agree with the other posters that you are a wonderful writer. Congrats on your continued success and enjoy your chocolates!!!! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Xanne
    Xanne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful and inspiring story! Congratulations to you - for ALL of your accomplishments! You are the definition of a "winner", and I have absolutely no doubt that you will reach your goal! Enjoy that chocolate (and remember that it is good for your heart, in more ways than one!).:flowerforyou:

(And a fond [and yearning] hello to my home state of New York.):brokenheart:
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    What a great post! This program is not about deprivation but about learning to eat everything in moderation. If we were never allowed to enjoy the things we love, how long would we last. That's the beauty of MFP. And not to mention the great friends and motivators I have met here. You've got a handle on it now, congrats!
  • LaMiaVita
    Options
    Congratulations on the great day you're having, on several counts! And I DO hope you're going to turn all these essays into a book someday.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    One of the best posts I've read in a while! If we can't enjoy some chocolate once in a while I'm sure we wouldn't have the success to enjoy for our efforts. Enjoy!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love reading all of your posts, you should most definitley pick up blogging in your spare time. Motivational blogger. Yep, that would work.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Enjoy that Godiva!
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!!!

I love to read your thoughts on here. Enjoy your chocolate!
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you've earned it! :)
  • bissabwell
    bissabwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are a rock star!!
    :glasses:

Awesome post, incredible attitude! With such great perspective you will certainly be successful. :glasses:
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL POST! Thank you for your story, and your success! You are an inspiration. . . I'll be right with you as you savor every single bite of those superb Godiva chocolates. . .eat a champagne truffle for me ok?

Congratulations! Keep on goin. . . you are doing so great!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love that you are thinking of the long run already. There are so many people that I have seen on the biggest loser and Extreme makeover: weightloss that reach their goal and think "I did it! I'm done now!" And then they gain a large amount back. Even if it isn't all the weight, it's a lot. What people don't understand is that the journey never really ends...the bigger that you got before making your journey, the harder you have to fight for the long term. A baby is born with so many fat cells. As they grow they can build more fat cells but once a fat cell is there, it can be depleated so that it is flat and no longer puffed up (think of it like little ziplock snack bags) but not burned or lost. They only way to get rid of the fat cells is something like lipo or skin removal surgery. Because we already have these empty fat cells just waiting to be filled up the fat building process is much faster for us than for somebody that has to build the fat cells to begin with. Now, I'm not trying to bring everybody down but I feel like it is key to long term success for us to all understand that once we get to our "goal" weight we know that we have to modify our calorie and exercise goals but not just feel like we can stop watching what we eat and stop exercising. Knowladge is power!
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Exactly as it should be. Enjoy and savor every bite! :smile:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I shake your hand. Enjoy your Godiva. :flowerforyou: And your fitbit. :tongue:
  • texfinn
    texfinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a fabulous post! Kudos to you on the 25 lbs but even more so on your attitude. I am also learning how to incorporate "real world" into my lifestyle now that will allow me to do this for the long haul. Your post is a good reminder that eating healthy isn't about denial but rather moderation.

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your success!!!
  • Blondie1913
    Options
    Enjoy good sir...you deserve it! :wink:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    P.S. - I did get one other package at my office today... my Fitbit ultra. Talk about irony!

Hahaha I would have so opened the fitbit and been so busy playing with it, I would totally forget the chcoclates. You are going to LOVE the Fitbit!

Enjoy the GODIVA!
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Best post i've ever read on MFP