Am I the only one that doesn't want friends??

AGGUK73
AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
Before you all slate me, I totally get what this site is designed for......help & support, BUT, I can't be the only person who doesn't want to add random people I don't know?? Yeh, I know.......don't then......so I don't. But how many do you reckon are just into 'vouyeurism' & just want to 'gawp' at what your eating, & then slag you off or give you a load of advice based on what?? Don't get me wrong I like the community forums, but that's because I can pick & choose what I participate in. Oh, maybe I'm just miserable & un-sociable............actually I like people that I know in real life :wink: :laugh:

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I do think that's strange. I really enjoy all my friends and really appreciate their support and motivation.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    FR *not* sent.
  • AGGUK73
    FR *not* sent.

Please don't take it personally, I'm sure your a lovely person :flowerforyou:
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Each to their own I guess. Some people find it easier to share their weight loss journey with people they don't know rather than bore the pants off those they do!! LOL!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    FR *not* sent.

Please don't take it personally, I'm sure your a lovely person :flowerforyou:

It's hard not to. I'm so saddened.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Sometimes (all the time actually) there's way more funny conversation and way less butthurt on my friends' walls. So, yeah. I like my friends here.
  • I think I get what you're saying but after the first "random" friend requests I got here I decided that the majority of the people here are genuinely just trying to better themselves and offer their support to others and I've met some really awesome people that way. I am sure there are a few creeps here but they could be anywhere, probably the same guy that watches me on the inner/outer thigh machines at the gym. And I do the same thing here that I do there, I don't let some creep ruin it for me :smile: With that being said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with not accepting a stranger's friend request. I've gotten to know a few people through messaging first before adding each other.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    i dont know if you are the only one... but i love my friends!!! I wouldnt change any of them!:tongue:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Only a few of my friends I know from before/off of this site. Yes you are taking a chance trusting people but most of my friends have been genuinely nice and supportive! I have the best friends. A few turned out to be creepers and got deleted with the quickness, and a few turned out to have eating disorders or something and also got deleted. You get a few bad apples, you just toss them out, don't let them spoil the MFP crop :smile:

I like having the support of others, and I like giving support to others. It makes me feel not so alone in this journey.
  • AGGUK73
  • I know right! I can totally relate! Add meeee!!
  • AGGUK73
    I know right! I can totally relate! Add meeee!!

Is that a bloody raw chicken for ur profile pic? See what I mean about weirdo's :laugh:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    be quiet chicken, dress yourself. :angry:
  • I know right! I can totally relate! Add meeee!!

Is that a bloody raw chicken for ur profile pic? See what I mean about weirdo's :laugh:

There's barely any blood at all. I'll have you know, most people RAVE about raw foods, and here you are poking fun. :noway:
  • AGGUK73
    I know right! I can totally relate! Add meeee!!

There's barely any blood at all. I'll have you know, most people RAVE about raw foods, and here you are poking fun. :noway:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    yes
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    I was like this once, but as much as I tried people still loved me. It's just my character. I'm so lovable. From then on I said to myself, "Friends, I shall accept you because you accept me."......I know, I'm so full of *kitten* lol!

It's all your decision. I personally like talking to new people. It gives me insight that I may not have.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Do you walk into a party or bar or club or even your job and decide, I'm not talking to anyone here, I have enough friends already? Why limit yourself to only what you already know? I have 140+ people on my friends list and only about a half dozen of them do I know outside of MFP. And I have gained so much in friendship (YES real friendship) from the all of those people and am very grateful to have them in my life.

Open your mind, broaden your horizons...you might like it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    So...you want to reach out and connect with others who also don't want friends?

*confused*