How 6 Months Have Changed My Life! (Text & Pic Heavy)

Options

Replies

• mksmwa
    mksmwa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! You also sound like a joyful person to be around!!!
  • thistime38
    Options
    wow such an inspiration and such dedication!! you look fantastic! :) keep on keeping on!
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Way to take control of your life.
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your story. I can see that you took control of the one thing that you can always control...your attitude about you! :flowerforyou: You will reach your goal because you can see the change in your smile and eyes!!! I look forward to seeing your progress and changes to come over the months.

Back pain is the worst. I struggle with it daily as well, from a car accident. Some days, I don't want to do it (workout) but if I don't then I beat myself up; so I get up and I do it. I always feel SO much better knowing that I invested in my body before anything else in the day.

Being outside was something that I hated! I hated being around people when I would walk or work on losing weight. Now I embrace it and I say, "Yup, I got this and I know I look good on the eyes!" Something that is very new for me; as I have not been one to seek any attention from anyone. But now a days, i find that I am always wanting to be outside, enjoying and breathing the fresh air, working out, running, biking, and my favorite thing at the moment is to work in our very big family garden!!!

One of the things that I have found in making a life style change is that it gives us such a new outlook on life and usually one that is positive and one that we had forgotten or never known.

Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you great success to come and always remember why you started this journey and keep it alive in all the years you have left on this planet :flowerforyou:
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    you are all that!!!! congrats girl!!!
  • shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    WOW! To say you are an inspiration is an understatement! Congratulations on taking your life back - you look FANTASTIC!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You sure spanked those pink pants girl. Way to go!!!!
  • hisgirl6575
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. I am going to take some pics today to show my before and after. I really didn't want to, but after seeing the difference in yours, I want to see that difference in me too. Congratulations on your journey. I can't wait to see pics from the 5k!!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I hate that 'Before' look so much. It didn't look like me, I had changed so much with the added weight. I was really reluctant to show it to anyone. I'm glad that I did now. It helps me to see that I am coming back to what I was before. ave helped me too. I know I'm not alone in this fight. There are plenty of people with struggles like mine and even more! I hope everyone can find what they need to do, to help themselves achieve their goals. It is easier than I thought it would be, once I set my mind to it! :flowerforyou:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Wow. You dropped YEEEEARS off and I can't get over how much your posture has improved. Way to go!
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What a great motivating story. You did an excellent job.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The 6 month transformation has been amazing!! You look soo much younger. Could you imagine what you will look like in another 6 months?? What ever it is you are doing, keep it up. :flowerforyou:
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    From June the 4th, till August the 23rd, my double chin went away. I hope that wherever it went, it never finds it's way back. I WON'T be leaving a light on!

Wow, Steffie, thanks for all the inspiration - and a good laugh, above! I'm 56, so I find your story really, really, really encouraging! You look fabulous, even with "messy" hair.

What a comeback! You're the greatest!

Thank you for sharing..
  • lalimiranda1
    lalimiranda1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great. These young girls don't understand that your body changes when you hit 50. It's hard to loose weight after 50, but it's not impossible. You are proof of that. Looking good:) By the way those are killer pants. Wow!
  • 55AngelH55
    55AngelH55 Posts: 117
    Options
    well done!
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are the same person????? No really, wonderful transformation and truly fit, active and shining!

Jasmin
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Now you too are nifty at fifty.
  • GlowingG
    GlowingG Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! You look fabulous and are inspirational. Well done.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hey Steffie! I loved your story. How exciting that you are doing so well! I love playing the song title game with you here lately. I knew you had lost a lot - but that is just awesome. Congratulations!!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I definitely feel pretty nifty, but I'm nifty and alive at 55! hahaha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!