How often / long do you workout?

Options
1235»

Replies

• caitlinen
    caitlinen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5 days a week. Strengthening 40-50 mins and Cardio 20-40 mins.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I usually do about 3-4 hours a day.

It takes me roughly 40 minutes to walk to gym. I do weights which somtimes takes up to 1 1/2 hours depending on what I'm doing. Then I do 400 calories on the bike, which takes 30-40 minutes. And 400 on the elliptical which takes 20-30 minutes. Then I have my protein and walk 40 minutes back home.

It's actually a lot of work I just don't know how else to lose weight.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hmm i dnt have a set schedule. I just work out whenever I feel like but I just make sure that I exercise at least 3 times a week at 30 minutes each :)
  • eeberrio
    eeberrio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I on average do 30 min - 1 hour
    I recently met with a trainer who told me you should weight lift for 30 min then cardio for 30 min( interval training mode)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from the gym. That's 20 minutes each way, so a total of 40 minutes of walking. Once I am at the gym I do weight lifting 3 days a week, for about 45 minutes usually. And on my rest days I do yoga. Sometimes after weights I'll do some HIIT on the bike for 15 minutes.

And I also dance. That can vary anywhere from 2 days a week to 6 days a week, for 2 to 4 hours per day, depending on what I have coming up for performances or how many projects I am working on. That may increase soon. I don't consider that exercise at a steady state because it is interspersed with rest times to talk about what we did, what we are going to do or to watch other people while they do their part. The intensity varies depending on the project. There have been times when I have had to spend hours in a plank type position, while crawling across the floor staying in that plank type position, kind of like rock climbing, but while on the floor (like a tiger walk I think it might be called). Dance is funny like that because you rehearse a part over and over until you perform it (sometimes once, sometimes for a week). Then you let it go and start something new.

Ok, I just looked that up, and in exercise terminology what we were doing for hours per day is called the spiderman crawl. The only difference is that the spiderman crawl allows for the body to rise between crawls and in the dance project I was doing we needed to do the crawl, while keeping our body on the same plane just above the ground, supported by our arms and legs the whole time.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    UGH ...........:::::::::::::::::this is me hanging my head in shame:::::::::::::...........................

I shouldnt even put into print what I do for a workout. BUT Im trying...hard...every damn day even when I dont feel so good. Im new enough at this journey that Im still trying to find what works best and what I can hang with long term.

I just use some 3, 5 and 8 pound dumbells or weights or whatever they're called and do calisthenics at home anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes a day....most often 20....every single day. Lately Ive been trying to do 20 minutes twice a day. Im trying to increase every few days by at least a little. Ive got so damn much titanium in me Im leery to push too far yet.

I know its nothing compared to what y'all are doing but by damn Im trying
  • kellyh0709
    kellyh0709 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Approximately 30 minutes a day 6 days a week, 1 rest day and 1 treat meal a week.
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours, depending on what kind of workout I am doing.
  • Sixpackcity
    Options
    I do between 4-6 workouts a week anywhere from 40-90 minutes at a time :happy: