Any 50+ out there?

Options

Replies

• debiw1234
    Options
    I'm 55 soon to be 56 and I would love new friends. I lost about 40 pounds on WW and then tried MFP from April-July and decided I would go back to WW...well you can see where I am...right back here where there is so much support. I would love other friends who are on this life-long journey. I may not always stay on the right road but eventually I get back to where I am suppose to be with the help of my friends.

Anyone who wants to add me as a friend feel free!

Take care,

Debi
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yepper, turned 53 in June. Add me if you like.

Sharon
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi 52 here always looking for more friends feel free to add.
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    50 here ... heading towards 51.
    I live in Arizona

It was interesting to see so many people over 50 respond.
    I actually didn't think there were that many of us!

Add me if you'd like!
  • lmh8785
    lmh8785 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I turned 56 in April.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    50 right now... + in a couple of weeks.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yet another one...from Canada here. I had lost 64 pounds, then sustained a concussion and regained about half of it due to both being immobile and giving up my good eating habits. I'm going to finish it for good this time. My diaries are open to friends.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    51 here, but feel 17 due to huge changes in lifestyle. Feel free to add if you like.:smile:
  • louabaker
    louabaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 58 and from Oz (otherwise known as Kansas). I just started using my new Fitbit this week and so far really like it. I am in this for the long haul so I am taking it slow and steady - lost 30 lbs in about 5 months with many more to go.

Regarding Oz - a tornado destroyed my childhood home when I was 11. We didn't have a basement and were caught with little time, so we huddled on the kitchen floor. The house was picked up and moved off its foundation several feet. Everyone was unharmed!
  • meanderingby
    Options
    Hello and welcome Lynley

I'm definitely thinking the mid-50's+ are the 'new 40's'! (or maybe new 20's? :-)
    I'm 56! (FL) and growing younger every day!

I may be getting older (and sicker) but I refuse to grow up or give up!

Hey dsprofitt, I'm a scuba diver as well - you are spot-on about the benefits, it is SUCH a peaceful hobby and very good for one's body!
  • campoe29
    Options
    Hello Lynley1, I am 52. I have been losing and gaining the same 20-30 pounds for the last 10 years. I have 2 kids and 4 grandkids also. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.:happy:
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    52 and living in Maine - been on MFP since spring - weight loss has been slow, but I am hanging in there. Feel free to add me

Howdy neighbor (Near Baxter blvd and just starting)
  • zigwald
    Options
    Hi Im new here and am 53 from Sydney. Please feel free to add me if you like!
  • elects
    elects Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, turned fifty in July. Would love to join others.
  • RMiller58
    Options
    53 and still counting. :-)

Good luck to everyone out there ... I'm close to 30 lbs lost with about 15 more to go.
  • vickiljames
    vickiljames Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 59 and also from Australia. I have lost 9kgs so far. (not sure what that is in pounds.) I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure so was told to 'eat less and move more.' So that's what I've been doing for the past 3 months. Seems to be working getting the weight off at least.

Just had a few days rest away from the gym as I have a virus affecting my throat, accompanied by a hacking cough. Soon as it's over I'll be back to my two classes a day at the gym. I love it now. I actually miss not going. (That has not always been the case.)

Would be glad to keep in touch with you. We can keep each other on track.
  • jemprecious
    Options
    hi I have just joined today and i am 50 in january . you can add me as a friend if you want to . We can support one another :happy: :happy:
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lots of us here! Not quite 60 here. Back to being active and getting strong!
  • RMiller58
    Options
    Hang in there. :-)
  • jemprecious
    Options
    hi everyone out there , i am new to this web site can somebody please tell me how u can start your own topic , on this site thank u