All the questions no one wants to ask.

Options

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's OK, for my poop to be loose, if I'm switching to a plant based diet, from a carnivorous diet?

Any major dietary change can provoke loose stools. (Which is why I always switch my doggy's food very slowly! :laugh: )

So I'd think it would be normal for a few weeks until your body gets used to all the new fiber you're adding.
  • 126siany
    Options
    I have always wondered about those posts in the Success Stories.

Here is the question I was to scared to ask: Why do people take their success pictures in a room that is a giant hot mess? It looks like the day they started MFP was the day they stopped cleaning.

You see it on pet forums as well. YouTube is even worse!

I think the person taking the picture just doesn't consider the background.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options

How about diet pills? I am not interested in the weight loss part I am working on that on my own, I need the energy. I do exercise (getting back into it) and try to eat healthy but seem to always be dragging. I would love to find something I can take to help give me a little energy boost for now until I start losing weight and feeling better. I don't seem to have the energy problem once I start losing but right now I just seem to want to sleep any time I am not at work! I do sleep about 7-8 hours a night, eat breakfast, lunch and at least something for dinner then try to exercise. Any ideas out there??

I think diet pills are ok in an emergency situation. For example, I helped organize a local event that was last Saturday. I knew that if I didn't take a pill, then I would be hungry all day and have ups and downs. I took a Roxylean and it boosted my energy and staved off my hunger so that I could keep it to two hot dogs and one burger. But then Sunday, my energy level is low, so it was a trade-off. I was happy to have the boost Saturday and take a nap Sunday because of circumstances. I don't recommend using them on a regular basis. The good ones require a prescription.

Do diet pills make u tired ? Or when u stop.
    I was taking some, I'd started but now I'm on mfp I want to foot the healthy way so I'm just reducing the amount everyday and I'm doing a detox this week an going to eliminate them all together??
    Am I doing the right thing?
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have an embarrassing question.... Im a big girl (220) and just started walking and hopefully will be running soon. Anyways, my first walk has already caused me to have a rash in between my thighs from the rubbing (I was wearing shorts). This happen to others? And what helps this go away fast, and what prevents it?!

I have the same issue! I have to make sure I wear something snug around my upper thighs when doing a lot of walking so that I don't get skin rubbing against skin or loose clothing chaffing.
    Try leggings. I even wear them under long sundresses when I'm out running errands.
    I bought a pair of cycling shorts with the gel; looked like a nappy but saved my skin

Jas
  • marijasmin
    Options
    Okay so (TMI):

My period is heavy. Super heavy. I go through a box of tampons in 3 days. I lose clots like crazy. And my gyno just told me that "losing clots is normal. It is your body getting rid of the old blood." But really, is it normal to lose about 9 or 10 fist sized clots? And to bleed THAT much (like I can feel it gush sometimes)????? They did a scan and didnt find any fibroids. But I can hardly move around during this time of the month as it really is that bad. I have to carry a change of clothes everywhere. ;'o(
    Please see your doc there can be quite a few causes of this ranging from diet, hormones to fibroids. Please make sure you have the gynae checks too.
    Jas
  • ebony__
    Options
    Has changing your diet lifestyle affected anyone ovulating? ( aiming at the women here obviously)
    I know some women can tell when they are ovulating and some can't... I can and it used to last abit 3 days now only about 1.
    But as I said before I'm just starting out so I assume a lot I things just take the body some time I get used to..
    I"m not totally sure if it was the weight loss or not, but I had my first child when I was 21. Started that pregnancy at 180 ended at 211 and never lost that weight. When my son was 5 Dr.s told me I would probably never have another child due to not ovulating properly. At the time I could go 3 months to 1 1/2 years without a cycle. I put on 40 more pounds over the following years. In 2009 I had enough and decided to try and do something about it. By the middle of January 2010 I had gotten down to 230. End of January beginning of Feb I got pregnant again and now have a beautiful little girl who will be 2 this November.

Thanks for sharing this.
    Ive sort of also wondered if my cycle problems could be affecting my weightless and visa versa and assed they would since our bodies are such a wholistic entity .. Last year I had major problems went 4 months with our a cycle then had two in to weed so excruciating that I just screamed and cried and then went ages again and was just extremely irregular. Started not ovulating at all,, last 2 years was was also when I put on the most weight, combination of stopping breast feeding and weening myself of antidepressants.. Started getting healthier and they started getting a little more regular, and I am ovulating again but now it has reduced again.
  • ebony__
    Options
    Also thanks to everyone for having such a great response to this post and being so supportive of one another xx
  • marijasmin
    Options
    Okay so (TMI):

My period is heavy. Super heavy. I go through a box of tampons in 3 days. I lose clots like crazy. And my gyno just told me that "losing clots is normal. It is your body getting rid of the old blood." But really, is it normal to lose about 9 or 10 fist sized clots? And to bleed THAT much (like I can feel it gush sometimes)????? They did a scan and didnt find any fibroids. But I can hardly move around during this time of the month as it really is that bad. I have to carry a change of clothes everywhere. ;'o(
    Please see your doc again there can be quite a few causes of this ranging from diet, hormones in addition to fibroids. Please make sure you have the gynae checks done again too (if you read my profile you'll see why I say this).
    Jas

Sorry my post posted too early and got logged off so could not correct until now
  • ebony__
    Options
    Not really a question I just feel miserable. Went for a walk today and on my way back decided to jog the last bit home. Managed to jog for all of 4 minutes. Now I just feel really pathetic. One of those days where I feel like nothing's going to make a different, also weighed in and people usually lose a lot in the first 2 weeks with water weight and all tha and I'd lost under 2kg :(
    I probably fluctuate that much week to week anyway!!
  • ebony__
    Options
    Wow sorry for that depressing comment guys.
    All these comments about skin and hair making me realise I do have things to be thankful for,
    At what age to people start using moisterises and face products and stuff? Because I think I missed them memo when I was younger. I've barely ever used anything at all ever on my skin so I guess in lucky there (thanks skin)
    My hair falls out when I stress but I have such thick hair that its usually doing me a favor haha
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Now that I no longer have any cushion in the TUSHion will squats or some other button muscle excersize accually make sitting comfortable again?
    I don't mean to get butt hurt about nobody answering my question but my butt hurts.
  • 126siany
    Options
    Now that I no longer have any cushion in the TUSHion will squats or some other button muscle excersize accually make sitting comfortable again?
    I don't mean to get butt hurt about nobody answering my question but my butt hurts.

I've never had a butt so I am always uncomfortable in hard chairs. :(

I suppose it's theoretically possible to build enough muscle back there to make a bit of difference, but that might take a long time.
  • 126siany
    Options
    Not really a question I just feel miserable. Went for a walk today and on my way back decided to jog the last bit home. Managed to jog for all of 4 minutes. Now I just feel really pathetic. One of those days where I feel like nothing's going to make a different, also weighed in and people usually lose a lot in the first 2 weeks with water weight and all tha and I'd lost under 2kg :(
    I probably fluctuate that much week to week anyway!!

We all have those moments. Hopefully you're more optimistic today! :flowerforyou:

2kg is what, like 4.4lbs? That's good! :smile:
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    Low impact areobics. That's how I log it!
  • skinnymini_wannabe
    Options
    Question.. I have cross country practice 4-5 times a week and I'm usually in the negative nets all of those 4-5 days because our sessions burn 1500-2000 calories. I'm not trying to starve myself, I just burn too much too late in the day to eat even close to what I need to eat back, being a vegetarian also makes it hard. I like to eat healthy so my day usually consists of coffee, 2 fruits and salad before a practice. After, if I eat too much I get sick. I'm just wondering how unhealthy this could be for me?
  • WannaBSkinnyBride
    Options
    Why is it we are now told to 'love our curves' that is 'ok to be a BBW' or that skinny models are frowned upon yet a fat model is ok? Since when did it become acceptable to be overweight (nobody has bones THAT big) yet being underweight is a no no

I think this is a very good point. Its like everything's gone so far in the direction of 'not making people feel like they have to be model thin' that it's almost promoting obesity.
    Someone told me yesterday that there are more obese people in the world then those in poverty ??!
    I'm guilty of being very overweight. I'm here to change that.

That's a really great point. I think underweight models are a terrible example but on the flip side - I do think it is becoming way to acceptable to be overweight. I've gained about 80 pounds and people keep telling me I look good and I'm not fat or I'm not that big. Are you kidding me????? I'm 5' 3" and wear size 18 jeans. It's not like I want people to keep telling me I'm fat but I've found it too easy to feel complacent because somehow it feels acceptable to be this size. Which I am working to change :)
  • restivesilence
    restivesilence Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Question.. I have cross country practice 4-5 times a week and I'm usually in the negative nets all of those 4-5 days because our sessions burn 1500-2000 calories. I'm not trying to starve myself, I just burn too much too late in the day to eat even close to what I need to eat back, being a vegetarian also makes it hard. I like to eat healthy so my day usually consists of coffee, 2 fruits and salad before a practice. After, if I eat too much I get sick. I'm just wondering how unhealthy this could be for me?

It sounds like you are definitely getting too little calories, which can be very unhealthy. Sometimes I have the same problem of fitting in enough calories before the end of the day, but what helps me is having a healthy, calorie dense breakfast.
    Ex:
    Oatmeal with cottage cheese and fruit
    Green smoothie
    Tofu scramble (I can't eat eggs, but an egg scramble is a good idea too)

Also, lots of little snacks throughout the day!
  • katie81smith
    katie81smith Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Why do I need to eat my exercise calories? isn't the point of exercising to loose weight and disguard the calories you already ate? The math does not make any sense to me.
  • katie81smith
    katie81smith Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you may also want to check with your gyno and see if the IUD is a good idea for you. I used to have super heavy period and bleed for 7 days at a time with super intense cramps that they put me on narcotics for. Since I have gotten my IUD I don't ever have period and I don't cramp at all and I also had a tubal done 6 years ago now. Might be worth looking into.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Sex burns about 100-150 cal per 30 minutes (depending on the umf, lol) :-D

I log it as sex, if someone on my FL doesnt like it, oh well, remove me then ;-)

If you are right-handed but use your left does it burn more?

Oh, you mean with someone ELSE ...