All the questions no one wants to ask.

Options
A lot of people have question are are curious about topics but for some reason or other, be it fear or
Shyness or embarrassment they don't ever post them.
So I thought I'd start a thread for all the questions that no one wants to ask (but that really do) and hopefully we can post these questions in here and work together to get them answered.

I want the thread to be open to any topics at all,
Weather it be about bowel movement issues?
Or how many calories burned during sex?
Or the usually frowned apon questions like Ed's etc..

Even if you've got something that's not actually affecting you but you just want to know out of curiosity ( I do this all the time I'm curious about everything) then go ahead and post it, who knows there might be someone who really is affected by it but to shy to post.

Opinions are great, everyone has them and please share them ..
But please keep the thread criticism free and friendly, so everyone can feel comfortable asking questions.

( I don't know if this is a good idea or not, I'm a generally shy person and I'm sure lots of other people are, thought it might be helpful??)

Replies

• enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my exercise calories, ever, but how much does sex burn? Haha. And furthermore, how do you log it without looking like a perv/freak? I think we need a "code word" haha!! JJ!
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It would be so varied everytime and different for everyone. You'd probably have to measure with a HRM (anyone actually done that? ). Code word is a good idea lol

I generally don't eat back my exercise calories either. But to be honest I need to be doing more exercise than I currently am.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why is it we are now told to 'love our curves' that is 'ok to be a BBW' or that skinny models are frowned upon yet a fat model is ok? Since when did it become acceptable to be overweight (nobody has bones THAT big) yet being underweight is a no no
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sex burns about 100-150 cal per 30 minutes (depending on the umf, lol) :-D

I log it as sex, if someone on my FL doesnt like it, oh well, remove me then ;-)
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I'm asexual but my boyfriend has always referred to sex as 'grappling' - he's a re-enactor. So maybe you could use a HRM and log it under something like 'fighting' :P
  • ebony__
    Options
    Why is it we are now told to 'love our curves' that is 'ok to be a BBW' or that skinny models are frowned upon yet a fat model is ok? Since when did it become acceptable to be overweight (nobody has bones THAT big) yet being underweight is a no no

I think this is a very good point. Its like everything's gone so far in the direction of 'not making people feel like they have to be model thin' that it's almost promoting obesity.
    Someone told me yesterday that there are more obese people in the world then those in poverty ??!
    I'm guilty of being very overweight. I'm here to change that.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I think this is a very good point. Its like everything's gone so far in the direction of 'not making people feel like they have to be model thin' that it's almost promoting obesity.
    Someone told me yesterday that there are more obese people in the world then those in poverty ??!
    I'm guilty of being very overweight. I'm here to change that.

That is exactly why I am here as well :) no way on earth I ever loved my fat, nobody can say they are 100% happy with being overweight at all. I've worked damn hard at losing my fat so then I can love my body 100%...cause I will know that I am not only healthy but not obese.
  • enewsome2
    Options
    It would be so varied everytime and different for everyone. You'd probably have to measure with a HRM (anyone actually done that? ). Code word is a good idea lol

I generally don't eat back my exercise calories either. But to be honest I need to be doing more exercise than I currently am.

Me too. One of my co-workers keeps some dumbells in the office (she is an awesome lady!!) and I just did some sets. Most exercise I had in weeks.

That I'm not embarassed to log! haha JK JK

And I agree with the other posters, when did the body police start picking on small women?

I'm so sick of seeing the "this" is hotter than "this" with a runway model on the left and Marilyn Monroe on the right.
  • ebony__
    Options
    I've also noticed that if anyone ever goes over their daily calorie limit everyone is generally really nice about it "tomorrows a new day" and comments like that. Which I actually agree with, one day doesn't count for a whole lot when we are overhauling our whole lifestyle, but if you have a day where you are way under your calorie goal you get slammed for being unhealthy and starving and all the rest... What happened to tomorrows a new day in this situation?
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Soon as I get my HRM, I shall definitely be checking out whether I need more oompf going on :P
  • enewsome2
    Options
    I've also noticed that if anyone ever goes over their daily calorie limit everyone is generally really nice about it "tomorrows a new day" and comments like that. Which I actually agree with, one day doesn't count for a whole lot when we are overhauling our whole lifestyle, but if you have a day where you are way under your calorie goal you get slammed for being unhealthy and starving and all the rest... What happened to tomorrows a new day in this situation?

Agreed. :) If I eat 900 cals one day, then 2300 the next, I'm not starving, I'm cycling. Which works for me. Lol.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?
  • enewsome2
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

Do you use a gentle exfoliant daily and a "heaver" scrub once a week? Exfoliation helps a lot :)
  • ebony__
    Options
    Do you track sugars in your diet?
    My son often gets a sort of dry skin type rash on his face, and when I cut back the sugar in his diet it usually clears up.
    I have some books that from memory mention a few things about this too, I look it up an post if I fin anything.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Working outside all of the time has a huge effect.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I have a scrubby mitten thing and just scrub my face with it in the shower every morning. Need to make sure you wash it a lot though because if I don't then it will cause spots.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my exercise calories, ever, but how much does sex burn? Haha. And furthermore, how do you log it without looking like a perv/freak? I think we need a "code word" haha!! JJ!

I would put it as aerobics or something!
  • ebony__
    Options
    Soon as I get my HRM, I shall definitely be checking out whether I need more oompf going on :P

Yep im pretty curious about this one. I don't have s HRM yet either
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Yep im pretty curious about this one. I don't have s HRM yet either

Doesn't everyone need more oompf in their life? You can never have enough of _that_ exercise! ;)
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @PinkPrincess Maybe the creams you're using simply aren't the right ones for you. I have a similar problem when I use normal or special face creams, even though I had bought ones specially for dry skin. They just made me look even older than I am (46). I found that the normal body lotion that I use and that makes the rest of my skin look good, also works best for my face. My face is not dry anymore, I don't get pimples, and I don't look like I'm 60. Might work for you too. If not, you may just have to keep looking for the right cream for you.