All the questions no one wants to ask.

Options

Replies

• ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for both answers .. My fats consumption is pretty low and I had also thought it may just be my body adjusting at the start. Cheers :)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Ok, I do have a question that is embarrassing. How do I stop feeling like I have to use the bathroom about a half mile into my run? It makes the rest of my run feel like forever! Lmfao! You asked for it!

That's actually a fairly common issue, as exercise will get things moving! Unfortunately, the only way to solve it is to experiment with different pre-run meals and the timing of them relative to your run.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

Try increasing your intake of healthy fats. I did and noticed an improvement in my skin and hair. I also take fish oil.
  • 126siany
    Options
    I do have a bowel movement question!

Had anyone else, since starting their new life style, been kinda borderline on the runs CONSTANTLY?! I don't know whats going on down there, originally I just assumed it was my body adjusting but a few months in I'm stuck thinking, what the heck?!!

Maybe you have an intolerance for something you either added to your diet or increased in your diet?
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ok I've wanted to ask this for a while. Anyone else low carb (There set at 40) I usually average 100 a day or less. And my pee smells strong. Is it that? And no I don't eat a lot of asparagus as my dr suggested. She tested it but it's fine.
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bruising? I wonder if I'm missing something in my diet or is it possible that all this fat bouncing around causes bruises. I have bruises popping up that I have no idea where they came from. On my legs mainly. Am I missing a nutrient or is it the exercise. They don't bother me, I'm just afraid I am not getting enough of something in my diet :)

Bruising can happen for a few reasons,
    1st question ; are you on any medication.. Any kind of blood pressure or blood thinning medication can make you bruise easier. And lots of medications have this affect with out us realizing it's not just specific blood pressure mEds, things like asprin, a lot of anti-depressants .. There's a big list
    Certain foods can affect this too I'll look for a list.

Second of all are they real 'bruises' .. As in do they go through the bruise stages and color, blues blackish purple then get lighter or are they just darker skin discolorations, the latter may be so an internal issue like liver function. Although this is less common .

hmmm, the only medicine I am on is synthroid for my hypothyroism, I'll see if that is a side effect. They are regular bruises, they change colors and take a little while to go away all the way.

Ahh, this is a side effect of an underactive thyroid. You may need extra vit C. Can google it.

Jasmin
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    How to a regulate my bowel movements? Mine are usually during my first break at work but I would like to move it to when I wake up at 6 a.m., three hours earlier to help my weigh ins. Gosh this is embarrassing. If this has already been covered, I apologize as I haven't read all of the thread. XD
  • Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great Idea ~ Bump!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    In relation to the sex one, I find it's useful to wear a heart monitor during it. Really what one has to think of is who is actually doing the more active role and is very position orientated. Something like doggy means that everyone can do a bit of work instead of say the cowgirl or missionary were it can be rather one sided.

Concerning bowel movement I think really one good bowel movement is what one should be aiming for (especially important to keep track of if you're planning anal!). At first alot of my friends mentioned they had more solid excretions when they started eating clean, we surmised this was due to actually eating fiber and clean eating 'clearing out' what was there. But alot of 'weeing' is a good thing, keep drinking water and producing it clear!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ok I've wanted to ask this for a while. Anyone else low carb (There set at 40) I usually average 100 a day or less. And my pee smells strong. Is it that? And no I don't eat a lot of asparagus as my dr suggested. She tested it but it's fine.

You need to take in more water.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

I have a similar problem with my calves. I've woken myself up more than once clawing myself. I've been using a new Eucerin lotion, Professional Somethingorother, for a week. It was kind of expensive at CVS, but very well worth it. My legs don't itch, and if I scrape the side of my leg with a nail, I no longer get powdery dead skin. Yeah, it's disgusting, but just wanted to emphasize that my calves are HORRIBLY dry and this stuff is working great. (Oh, and I've either got eczema or psoriasis. Need to find a COMPETENT dermatologist to find out which. My grandmother had eczema, and it's hereditary. However, my middle fingernail on my right hand acts very psoriatic, pitting and such. Either way, this lotion is doing a bang up job.)
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Sex burns about 100-150 cal per 30 minutes (depending on the umf, lol) :-D

I log it as sex, if someone on my FL doesnt like it, oh well, remove me then ;-)

30 minutes? Who is that lucky? Certainly not me LOL

Im lucky if he lasts more than 7 minutes...

REALLY?! Sex is a good 20 to 60 minute work out in my world.

O: SEVEN MINUTES? I'm with the 20-60 minute lass here, duration depends on how long we've got without. If we've been apart for a while we tend to go for about an hour but if I've stayed round for a couple of days three or four twenty minute sessions aren't unusual :3
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have sort of an unusual question maybe . Im new to MFP ( about 4 days) and I have this bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night about 2am, and eating whatever is easily accesible to me...I got rid of all the bad foods...so for instance last night I woke up in the middle of the night and like a zombie went for the first thing there...it was mini rice snacks...so fine I ate 14 of them ( 114cal) and went back to sleep. Is it okay that I record them on the on the following days breakfast...like I did today? I ate them at 2am so when I woke up I recorded them for todays breakfast..but I feel guilty because I do it...like a food zombie...does anyone know #1 if thats okay to record things that occur after 12 the next day...and #2 why do I wake up in the middle of the night for snacks?Im not even discriminate I eat a couple bites usually of whatever is in a bag on the counter...its embaressing when I go to my boyfriends and I know he hears me in the middle of the night eating carrots or something lol sheesh..
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure since I'm new at this too, but are you eating enough during the day?
  • Trapwolf
    Options
    I'm not sure since I'm new at this too, but are you eating enough during the day?

Yeah Im doing fine...well las night I was 9 cals under...and the two days before under too...but not by too much
  • 126siany
    Options
    I have sort of an unusual question maybe . Im new to MFP ( about 4 days) and I have this bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night about 2am, and eating whatever is easily accesible to me...I got rid of all the bad foods...so for instance last night I woke up in the middle of the night and like a zombie went for the first thing there...it was mini rice snacks...so fine I ate 14 of them ( 114cal) and went back to sleep. Is it okay that I record them on the on the following days breakfast...like I did today? I ate them at 2am so when I woke up I recorded them for todays breakfast..but I feel guilty because I do it...like a food zombie...does anyone know #1 if thats okay to record things that occur after 12 the next day...and #2 why do I wake up in the middle of the night for snacks?Im not even discriminate I eat a couple bites usually of whatever is in a bag on the counter...its embaressing when I go to my boyfriends and I know he hears me in the middle of the night eating carrots or something lol sheesh..

First, yes it is fine to record them on the next day. Just be consistent.

Second, looking at your diary there does not seem to be anywhere near enough protein in your diet. MFP has really low protein goals to begin with and you aren't consistently hitting them. You really want to aim for about .8g/lb of body weight. It will help you to feel full longer, preserve lean mass and stabilize your blood sugars. You may find that the midnight snacking goes away if you can increase your protein.
  • Trapwolf
    Options
    Ive only been here a couple of days...yesterday I was over my protein goal by like 14 or somehting :O) Im doing better
  • Trapwolf
    Options

First, yes it is fine to record them on the next day. Just be consistent.

Second, looking at your diary there does not seem to be anywhere near enough protein in your diet. MFP has really low protein goals to begin with and you aren't consistently hitting them. You really want to aim for about .8g/lb of body weight. It will help you to feel full longer, preserve lean mass and stabilize your blood sugars. You may find that the midnight snacking goes away if you can increase your protein.

~~~~ Thank you, :O) Im glad it does all balance out. If you look at my yesterdays report , I was over in protein by -13 which I think is good..Im starting to learn how to balance...any suggestions on high protein low cal, low fat, low carb foods?
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is very confusing however there really does have to be a happy medium. For years (and I was always the big girl so I relate) young girls looked at super models and felt that unless you looked like them you were fat. What a nightmare that is for a young girl's self-esteem. And unfortunately guys play into that as well, let's face it, in school the thin girls always had a date. Now I think they are trying to reprogram us to love our bodies and that curves are great, but as you pointed out, since when has obese been heathly and ok? It would be great to find that happy medium, the every-person look that everyone can relate to, strive for and be healthy at.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How about diet pills? I am not interested in the weight loss part I am working on that on my own, I need the energy. I do exercise (getting back into it) and try to eat healthy but seem to always be dragging. I would love to find something I can take to help give me a little energy boost for now until I start losing weight and feeling better. I don't seem to have the energy problem once I start losing but right now I just seem to want to sleep any time I am not at work! I do sleep about 7-8 hours a night, eat breakfast, lunch and at least something for dinner then try to exercise. Any ideas out there??