anyone ever used plentyoffish.com

Options

Replies

• missattitude57
    Options
    I met my husband on POF almost 4 years ago :) We've been married for almost 10 months. That being said, I went through 4 or so guys that I met that were just weird and countless other ones that I chatted with but never met. You just have to be careful!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's the internet. Douche bags have computers too. That is painfully obvious just reading the threads on here. There are also some great people with computers. I've been with my fiance for 6 years, we met on POF.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Met my husband on POF 5 years ago and we were married a year later! Just celebrated our anniversary on Thursday! :love:
    There are some strange people on there, as there are on many other dating sites too. Just be careful!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years - and we met using Plenty Of Fish.

Now, I had to be incredibly patient and incredibly picky about who I would go meet on a date. I also did not put out easily.

They had to wait at least 3 months before I would put out.

When they sent me the initial message, I would not reply if it was a quick one liner "Hey whats up". If there was no effort put in their messages, I would not even bother.

This weeded out the bad fish pretty quickly.
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I met the most amazing girl there a while back. Amazing woman. give it a shot.

However, the quality of most girls there is very low. That is why guys just want hook ups. Very few women on that site are worth more than that. You really have to search to find the good ones.

Patience. Exactly what it takes to go for the online dating route! :D
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Met my man on there! Granted, at the time we met (3.5 years ago) neither of us were looking for anythign serious. So we went on a few dates, had some fun :blushing: and went our separate ways. But I'm so hard to forget, we kept in touch, and we've been together for a year now. I moved in to his place in May.:love:

I actually had a ton of great dates on POF. But as mentioned by every one else, you have to have thick skin. And give people a chance. And be strict on those mail settings.

Good luck!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Couple my friends use that site. I'd don't get the whole online dating thing.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    For women pof might be okay....but from a mans perspective its horrible, girls usually just pick guys who are super hot and if your not they wont bother. Also girls think every guy on there is an *kitten* so its impossible to find someone i tried it a few times and it just makes me more depressed really.
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm on POF, OKCupid, and Match. I've had about the same amount of success on all three, which is to say NOT MUCH! However, I would classify POF as the sketchiest of the three. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I either don't translate well online or I am just not attractive. *shrugs*
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years - and we met using Plenty Of Fish.

Now, I had to be incredibly patient and incredibly picky about who I would go meet on a date. I also did not put out easily.

When they sent me the initial message, I would not reply if it was a quick one liner "Hey whats up". If there was no effort put in their messages, I would not even bother.

Ahhh - I am the same way! I also don't reply if their profile has no effort put into it, or if they can't spell/use proper grammar. I hate it even more when they have the "how u doin, oh ya i luv that movie good 4 u" type speak. That is an automatic hell no on my part.
  • dakotababy
    Options

Ahhh - I am the same way! I also don't reply if their profile has no effort put into it, or if they can't spell/use proper grammar. I hate it even more when they have the "how u doin, oh ya i luv that movie good 4 u" type speak. That is an automatic hell no on my part.

Yup! It really is just having the ability to trust your instinct, look for the red flags - and don't be afraid to say "no" when you know he is not the one for you! :D Other than that - it can be fun. People just need to be smart before going on a date. HAH i remember my 1st date I went on with a guy I met on POF. I told my sister, my class mates in uni, and I even wrote a note and put it on my fridge saying "I went on a date with

. He lives at
    ----
    . If I did not come home, I suggest you start your search at this location". LMAO. Good times.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I was a member of POF for one day. Too many guys wanted either: a. A picture of my boobs or b. To jack off on a webcam for me. Needless to say, I wasn't interested. It's better to meet someone the old fashioned way than online, I say!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,141 Member
    Options
    I just pulled up the local POF website. It wasn't any different than what I was expecting... which isn't saying much... Basically, it looks like what we used to do in the bar/party scene back when I was dating has now gone online... and it reminded me of how much I disliked trying to meet perspective dates that way.

The main reason I was considering online dating is a few of my friends keep talking about how I'm too good of a guy to stay single for long and how they'll introduce me to "someone they know who is perfect for me" and, for some reason, that doesn't appeal to me.
  • LuisZav
    LuisZav Posts: 197
    Options
    POF = Plenty of F***KING
  • StarShine1991
    Options
    Well... it can be bad I suppose... I had amazing luck with it though. My boyfriend and I met on there and we took things very very slow. We've been together for 2 years now :D
  • year2doit
    Options
    met my fiance on pof... i had to go through about 100 losers online and about 20 dates till i found the right one. it does work if you find someone on there that has the same goals as you, and is not just looking for a hook-up like probably 75% are. keep your head up and stay safe!
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    I met my husband there.... Just weed through you will find him... Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    3 of my friends have been on for a while, they are still single
  • ShanniLee
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on there...:) There are a lot of losers that you have to filter through but for me it was totally worth it....He's an amazing guy and we're extremely happy, going on three years :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    to the OP's question: yes. RUN FOR THE HILLS! sketchy.com!!!!!!