anyone ever used plentyoffish.com

Options

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    funny this topic was on top,
    someone just posted this on my facebook....
    260512_395624827158260_983212100_n.jpg

lol.. not insulting anyone, it was just funny to see the two back to back.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    a physician friend of mine, super-nice guy with a killer sense of humor, met his wife on POF. They were just married this summer.

another friend of mine, excellent career, handsome, and very funny, met his gf there. they just got back from vacationing in Hawaii together.

i think like anything else, it is what you make it.

hope you find your prince.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm not having much luck with it....finding the same as the OP.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Most of the free sites these days are all about one night stands. I'm not saying that true love cant be found but its really rare. From my experiences, most guys stop talking once they know they aren't getting any out of it and the others wont put an effort into talking until they do.

I'm on OKCupid, POF and i have both of them on invisible right now because I want to focus on myself and don't need the stress and BS of dating.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have and I have met offline 4 people.

1) We went on a date and had a really good time. He was actually from Iraq, so despite the cultural differences, we got along really well. He kept saying how he wanted a relationship with a real American girl and the more he talked about it, the more genuine he seemed. However, when the date was coming to and end, he turned pretty aggressive and his true intentions were clear. He only wanted to get laid and again, with cultural differences, Iraqi men don't give a rat's *kitten* about pleasing women. When I told him he had to touch it or lick it or something, he was not having any of that, so I wasn't having any of giving anything to him. We never saw each other again.

2) We saw each other for a month and genuinely got along really well. The big difference was he was just not that good in bed and not generous. We eventually just faded out with each other.

3) ... For some reason I can't remember who the 3rd person was. Obviously not worth remembering.

4) Was unequivocally the worst date I have ever been on. First, he was over an hour late. He said he couldn't find the place, which I find truly hard to believe because it's one of the most well known locations in this area. Second, there was just no connection whatever. It was so bad, I kept asking the waitress if she had any booze. She looked at me and said "Let me guess, you guys are on an online date?" Every time she came to the table, I begged her for a drink. Third, he said he was very hygienic. His hair looked like it hadn't been washed in a week and had very large, visible chunks of dandruff in it. Not flakes, chunks. And finally, to wrap our our horrifically bad date, on the way to the car he ended the date with a rape joke.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I used this site shortly after getting divorced...all my friends were married and their wives weren't about to let the single guy hangout with the old, married men.

I went out on several dates...women are just as horn dogs as men on that web site. At the time, it served a purpose. Once I got tired of the game, I changed my settings to where I was only looking for friends. I actually met some really cool, down to earth ladies that way.

Just don't take them out to buy heroin or buy them anal beads for the first date...save that stuff for the 3rd or 4th date.
  • Joethebull
    Options
    I have used it before. but like eharmony, match, chemistry, friendfinder, okcupid, yahoo personals, date, and several others I cant remember I had no luck. Not one date or response except by some one trying to get me to send money to them in Nigeria. So I don't know if it is mainly for one night stands.
  • maybaby56
    Options
    Funny story...when I first got on there my x came up as a perfect match for me! I was on there about a year and if I chose to go meet a guy I took either my best friend and her husband or my best guy friend and his girlfriend. I have remained friends with a few over the years. However, I found that when I did my research on these guys that were talking to me that, they were married, or they had sexual charges in their background. Check everyone out before you go out with them for your own knowledge and safety. After you know as much as you can listen to their stories, most will be packed with lies. Honestly, some are just looking for a f*** buddy. Go into it knowing that, heck, some women are too.
  • KarenAguiar
    KarenAguiar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on POF....but that was 7 years ago. At the time, there were a lot of weeds to sort through. I have said many times, if it were today, and I was going to use a dating site, I would try eHarmony. Good luck!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    My mum joined it, she gets lots of filthy messages from younger men, she's not complaining :laugh:

Winner.

--P
  • klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on POF....but that was 7 years ago. At the time, there were a lot of weeds to sort through. I have said many times, if it were today, and I was going to use a dating site, I would try eHarmony. Good luck!

eharmony is the WORST dating site I have tried. they charge waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and provide little value.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Met my hubby from there.
  • erunion7
    erunion7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was on POF for a while, but didn't meet anyone. I finally deleted it when a guy clicked yes or maybe to "meet me", and then blocked me when I sent him an email telling him that I liked his profile. wtf dude... Anyways, I'm giving up on online dating. The only "online" site I'll be on is maybe match.com, and that's only so I can go to the stir events and meet people in person. But then again... the last guy I dated from match.com ended up having 2 kids that he forgot to mention until after I broke up with him a month later...
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    I've been on POF before and definitely went on some fun and interesting dates and then some awkward, boring dates! Yes some guys are looking just for sex, but just weed through them. You never know where your prince charming is!! =) Happy Fishing!!
  • nicolebeck89
    nicolebeck89 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just happen to meet my future husband on there. But there is a lot of crap on there. One of the things that stuck out about my fiance is that we made it through 2 conversations with out him asking for nude pics or some type of sex!!! That never happened with any of the other guys.
  • Kateluvsall
    Options
    There are pluses an minuses to that site, plus side my brother met his wife on that site an they are perfect for each other me on the other hand, haha lets just say i had some hilarious dates outta that site but mostly guys just wanted sex, so for best results id stay away from there
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on there. He is amazing and I couldn't have found somebody more perfect for me if I tried anywhere else!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I tried it for years. Nothing ever but total losers. Either they wanted a one night stand, or they were so desperate to fall in love with ANYONE that if you encouraged them by responding they loved you forever- creepy types. Oh, also lots of married men saying they weren't (that is everywhere), men blatently lying (I don't smoke- don't understand why my teeth are black, my fingers yellow and I smell like an ashtray), etc. I tried eHarmony on my sisters' suggestion, and actually had some decent matches there BUT that was also where two different professional men sent me unsolicited pictures of their genitals! SO paying for a service doesn't exclude all the creeps, just more of them.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Rofl *hides in dark corner*.. I was on there for a while. WAS. Granted I do know of a couple that met on there, and 5 years later they are going strong, 90% of what's on there isn't relationship material if that's what you're looking for. I went on a couple of dates through meeting guys on there.. they all just wanted the same thing. And then there was the one guy who stood me up 5 minutes before meeting for a coffee date, I had yet to meet him in person but after that stopped talking to him, a year later I still get the odd text from him - which I've never responded to, but still :huh: ..
    Just.... don't.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Funny story...when I first got on there my x came up as a perfect match for me! I was on there about a year and if I chose to go meet a guy I took either my best friend and her husband or my best guy friend and his girlfriend. I have remained friends with a few over the years. However, I found that when I did my research on these guys that were talking to me that, they were married, or they had sexual charges in their background. Check everyone out before you go out with them for your own knowledge and safety. After you know as much as you can listen to their stories, most will be packed with lies. Honestly, some are just looking for a f*** buddy. Go into it knowing that, heck, some women are too.

good idea- research and safety!