Exercise type - s e x

Options
So, I was wondering why MFP hasn't included sex as a physical activity..it does burn quite a few calories if done ummm correctly. Just curious if they put filters on that..

Replies

• beiiibuton
    Options
    it does you just have to word it right but it doesnt burn that many calories lol
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it would be kind of awkward if you wanted to comment on someones status with that on there..
    "SoAndSo burned 394 calories doing 70 minutes of Intense Lovemaking!"

What do you say to something like that, if you're one of those people who likes to congratulate people on their exercise? "Good burn?" "They lasted THAT long?" "Get some!"
  • casNrice
    casNrice Posts: 14
    Options
    wondered the same thing.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love when people ask this question! You can log it as aerobic exercise or cardio. I have also seen it logged as hip thrustsand belly dancing on other peoples post that have asked the same question!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Sex is not exercise. First off if you do it often enough (daily) it's part of your daily expenditure and your body accustomed to it.

Second..... why are you thinking about calories burned during sex?? ENJOY IT! That's what it's for!!!!! Show your partner some passion and love and forget about everything else!!!

Also... 900 calories an hour sounds like a lot..... but for only 15 minutes..... not as much as you think.
  • buzymamagoals
    buzymamagoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it would be kind of awkward if you wanted to comment on someones status with that on there..
    "SoAndSo burned 394 calories doing 70 minutes of Intense Lovemaking!"

What do you say to something like that, if you're one of those people who likes to congratulate people on their exercise? "Good burn?" "They lasted THAT long?" "Get some!"

Ha ha love it!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Bump for the greater good.

Anyone care to add it and share it to the database?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Just use "horseback riding"
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, just wear your HRM and create your own. :)
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    lots of people log it as wrestling lol
    would be a bit embarrassing to most though as we have family on here too, sometimes its not good to share :-)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Unless you're having acrobatic 2-hour lovemaking sessions, I don't think the calories are worth recording. If it's an every day thing, add like 100 calories to your diary manually :)

There are many calculators all over the internet and you can average out an hourly burn from them.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Honestly because it doesn't burn as many calories for women. It's also not something that is done to the same intensity the whole time.

The point of adding exercise on MFP is to eat the calories back so you keep your deficit. Sex burns a minimum amount of calories and if you're putting anything over 50 you're just fooling yourself.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Also surprised sperm isn't added to the food area; I'm sure this could help some people reach their protein intake calories. LOL!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Photo's or it never happened. :drinker:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I don't care what anyone says, add it! =)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I just consider it a perk to my work out :) besides I dont feel compelled to wear my HRM to measure it.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Lol

I log it haha x
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It only burns calories if it's anal. :drinker:
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options