New Years Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    Healthworks: You are completely right about having a plan. You started great today! Cardio and weights, that's awesome. I feel so much better doing strength training. When I first started out I was only doing cardio, but once I added in weights, my body just completely changed and my weight loss picked up a lot. Once you have your plan, it will all fall into place.

Lisa: I still can't believe how motivating groups can be. You joining that group will give you so much support for these next few weeks. You can do this for sure.

Stephanie: I loved when we had that water challenge in Bikini Babes, that was the only week I actually drank all my water. I have slacked since then. That is so awesome that you you are upping your running days. Running is still my weakness, but trying to break through.

We have some great plans so far. With support from each other we will stick to them and accomplish our New Years Goals! Good luck girls!:drinker:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie!

Luke.. it was a great idea for us to post our plans for others to see how we're all planning on meeting our goals by New Years.. it'll still be difficult to reach our goals, but if we all step up what we're doing it is possible!!!

I'm glad it's a new month.. thank goodness my motivation seems to be really high right now. Sometimes that will happen and it will fade overnight, but today it seems even stronger!:bigsmile:

Everyone.. it really does help to think about and write down (or type) what you plan on doing to achieve your goals. Maybe we can get some new ideas going, too.
  • healthworks
    Options
    Happy December:smile:

My New Years Challenge Plan : 31 days to go

Wow I lost 9/10 of my post :cry:

OM I lost it AGAIN!!! I will try next time....
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new challenge!!
    I'm in too! Turkey challenge got me 2 lbs down.....so i'm going for 5 for this one.
    CW: 128
    Goal weight: 120
    New Years Goal Weight - 123 lbs
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far in the month of December? :)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am doing great so far...as of this morning i was down 2 lbs so far...hope it will stick.
  • healthworks
    Options
    Here is my plan for December~

1) I know COUNTING my calories is the KEY & the hardest for me. The more I count the better I will get at picking the less for more food! (fruits & veggies) My MFP daily cal allowance-1330, my bmr -1305. I will stay with in 200- 300 cals, most days.

2) Eat 2 fruit & 2 veggies everyday and hopefully more!

3) 75 grams of protein.

4) Exercising 5 days a week- is a must even if its 20 mins on the TM @ 10 pm. I am aiming for 150 mins every week that includes 5-10 mins stretching everyday.

5) Drink 64+ oz of water everyday.

6) 7+ hrs of sleep every night.

Stephy I am having a hard time making the time to count my cals, I know when I dont there is no way of knowing how much I am eating.

lildebbie WTG!!! :smile:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    You can do it healthworks!

Great job debbie!

I will be going for a run in a little while. :smile:
  • healthworks
    Options
    THANKS Stephy!!! :smile:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Weigh In, Friday December 4th

SW: 193
    Challenge SW: 175

LW: 175
    CW: 173.5
    Change: -1.5

Pounds to NY Goal: 3.5
    New Years Goal: 170
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Way to Go Stephy!!!

Here is mine :happy:

Staring challenge weight - 295.4
    CW - 291.0
    Weight loss - 4.4 lbs

New year Goal 285.0

Left to New years goal 6 lbs.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Great job Debbie! That's fantastic!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm in!!! I would love to loose 10 lbs by next year

This sounds great,

SW:191
    CW:185
    GW: 140
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Great job Debbie! That's fantastic!

Thanks I was pretty stoked this morning....
  • vitabella
    vitabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Challenge start weight: 137
    Weight loss: -1 lbs 136
    New Year Goal: 130

its so hard to diet when almost every night someone wants to go out to dinner! i always order grilled chicken or salmon with a side of veggies no butter in any of the cooking and a side salad but somehow it still throws me off :-(

Does eating late at night effect weight even if its healthy food?
  • healthworks
    Options
    Good Morning girls

Congrats Stephy, lildebbie & vitabella on your losses this week!!

Welcome breezy81

Vitabella I dont think so, unless your going over your calories!! Or eating most of them right before bed.

I am 1 lb down.

Challenge start weight: 152
    Weight loss: -1 lbs 151
    New Year Goal: 147
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats everyone on the losses!

I'm sorry to say I didn't lose, but gained .5 pound, probably mostly thanks to Thanksgiving and the weekend after. (Embarrassing since I'm the one who started this challenge :embarassed:) BUT - I know next week will be a good weigh in for me. I can safely say ahead of time I'll be working my butt off to be successful! Today was my last final at school and I'm done for this semester on until Jan 12!!! Over a month to work hard on my weight loss, and I'm going to take full advantage of it. I promise! (...now I REALLY have to! :laugh:)

So..
    Challenge SW: 200.5
    CW: 201.0
    Change: +.5
    NY GW: 190.5

Good luck for the next weigh in everyone!
  • healthworks
    Options
    Blondie

Ye-AAA Finals are over for you!! No worries... here, life happens! Sounds like a GREAT plan.....best of luck to you over the next month!!! :smile:
  • nicole_a
    Options
    Congrats on all the losses! I also gained - up 1 lb from last week :(. I know it was due to Thanksgiving, but it is still a blow. I am still determined to reach my goal by Dec. 31st though!

Challenge SW 177
    CW 178 (+1)
    NYE Goal 167

Good luck this week everyone!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Hello All, Last week I started it with my best foot forward and the other foot did not follow!! I want to swear here! Anyhow, I will keep at it until I reach my goal weight. I am on my path to goodness and greatness. I know that this past week was not one of my best, god knows. Today is a new week in my journey.

I didn't gain and I didn't lose. I think that I have been exercising like a mental patient and it caught up with me last week!! Anyhow, I am training for a half marathon and I want that day to be the end of "the losing" and the beginning of the "maintaining".

The marathon will be on April 25, 2010 Earth Day!!