Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Irrational fears

Replies

• pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    You know those people who dress up as mascots or different characters?
    I am terrified of those.
    You never know who's inside!!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 279 Member
    I have a few.

Spiders. Wooden Bridges. I am so terrified of both. Oh and I seemed to have developed a fear of freaky *kitten* clowns. WTH. Why do people feel the need to dress like a freaky clown.
  • The shower curtain CANNOT touch me. At all. My husband thought it would be funny to hug me through the curtain and I about lost it. Now he knows my fear and will not do that again.

ME TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate touching it its disgusting it freaks me out so badly.

I dont know that it is a fear but I dont like this either. . .wear flip flops in hotel showers too.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    You'd think with all my fears, I would stay in the house forever.

Flying. and i've never set foot inside an airplane or anything like that.

Bees/hornets and most bugs (with the exception of inchworms and green caterpillars)

Vomit (not so much myself, though the nausea beforehand terrifies me, more of hearing/seeing someone else do it and so help me god if anyone thinks it'll be funny to post a picture of that on here I'll report your sorry a** and make sure you get banned)

Clowns. Seriously, f*** that.

Ice on the roads. if it's icy or snowy out and we're in the car, I deathgrip the seat and door handle til it's time for me to get out. I've left nail marks on the inside of a car door before.

Complete darkness. I know the whole thing of "there's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light", but it's still terrifying to me. I sleep with the TV on all night, though at a low brightness setting, and have four nightlights around the house.

Public speaking. Ever since elementary school where I had to sing a solo in the play that year, every time I've had to talk in front of other people I get red-faced, shaky and break out in a cold sweat. I mostly keep my opinions and thoughts to myself now or send them to the necessary people through email. It's just easier.

BTW, I totally hear all you guys about the biscuit cans. GAH. I make my husband open them. Last time I did it I screamed and dropped it on the floor, which split it open and all the delicious cinnamon roll dough came out. I was sad.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    I wont hang my arms or legs off my bed. still freak out about something being down there.

Im terrified of balloons. like....hyperventilate afraid.

I cant cook a whole chicken because chicken bones freak me out.

I almost dissolve into tears when my fiance makes me help him under he hood of his cars if theyre running. between getting zapped by wires, seeing fire shoot out of the carb more than once, and that damn fan.....i spazz.

I have a friend thats scared of ceiling fans. she says theyll fall and slice you into pieces.
  • Bridges. Just the small wooden ones or out in the country ones. I get all goosebumpy going over them and close my eyes (unless I am driving) then I just get all goosebumpy. I am always scared they are going to fall in.
  • Women.
    Flying.

Not women flying. But...yeah...those two are my worst.

I used to be a Flight Attendant but still not a fan of little puddle jumpers. I want power if I am going to be propelled at 300mph through the air not some guy out spinning the propeller to get it started!

Women. . .I wouldn't call that irrational
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    While I'm running, every time I run by a bush or anything of the sort, I'm afraid a snake is going to jump out and bite my ankles.

Every time I'm walking down a flight of stairs, I think for a brief second I'm going to fall down and break my neck.

Putting my hand inside a vending machine to retrieve something.

...I think those are the only irrational ones lol
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    I really hate being stuck in traffic on a bridge so that you feel the bridge shaking and swaying. I always worry it's just going to collapse.

(Yes, I know it needs to flex so it won't collapse, but it really puts me into a panic when i have to sit there bouncing around.)

This! I hate high bridges for that reason!

My husband is terrified of bridges as well. But there was one time he went over one and as soon as he did, it collapsed and all the cars behind him were gone.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    The sea!!! so much unknown in there ..Scary as hell.. sharks and jellyfish (I know probably not in the UK) but the worst worst one is whales!! :noway: :embarassed: they are just so... terrifying!!

I have terrible aqua-phobia.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    I am terrified of frogs! I was once trapped outside my house at 11:30 at night because there were 4 frogs sitting on my front doorstep. Luckily my neighbor came home and noticed me outside and shooed them away for me. My husband got a huge laugh about that since he was wondering why I was outside so long. :bigsmile:

OMG, my sister-in-law is deathly afraid of frogs! She wouldn't go through the Tunnel of Love with my brother because she just KNEW there were frogs in the water!
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Mirrors in the Dark. They TERRIFY me. Seeing a shadowy figure (i.e. ME) move around in a room that I can't see well in gives me the heebie jeebies. Maybe I played too many rounds of "Bloody Mary" as a kid? I know where all the mirrors are in my house, and as I'm turning out the lights at night, I keep my head to the ground.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    I've always been scared to death of falling down a flight of stairs with one of my kids in my arms.

I don't think that's irrational at all. It's just one of those things that comes into your mind, and you're a mom. :flowerforyou:
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Mirrors in the Dark. They TERRIFY me. Seeing a shadowy figure (i.e. ME) move around in a room that I can't see well in gives me the heebie jeebies. Maybe I played too many rounds of "Bloody Mary" as a kid? I know where all the mirrors are in my house, and as I'm turning out the lights at night, I keep my head to the ground.

I don't like mirrors in the dark either!! I also do not like spiders, clowns and even though I know it will not happen...spontaneous combustion lol :C
  • I think the spiders one is very common. . .I personally dont mind them because they kill other bugs BUT it is pretty humorous to watch a 6'5 ft man scream like a girl when one jumps near him. . . .not that I am naming any names. . . :)
  • KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Clowns and mascots. I completely freeze up :S ugh
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Blenders. I'd really rather not use one if I don't have to do so. Clowns are pretty freaky too.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Ok so last night my daughters and I were making Pillsbury biscuits (you know the ones from the can). I absolutely HATE opening those cans!!! Yes, I know how stupid this sounds but there is something about not know when it is going to *pop* that scares the crap out of me!

The funniest part is that my daughters, who I have been able to con into opening them the last few times, are freaked out by it too. It was quite a sight.

What irrational fears do you have? I need a good laugh this morning :)

I hate opening those cans too! They're so looooud. >.<

I'm also scared of fish, reptiles, amphibians and rodents. Oh and I have to reinforce all the locks in my house before going to bed, otherwise I'm scared people will break in. I have a lot more weird fears but these are the first few that come to mind.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    creepy dead kids. I've watched real autopsy's and grew up on horror but creepy dead kids always creep me out man
  • posted twice