low cal BUT DELICIOUS snack ideas?

Options

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I hear you, so what I do is bake. I get out my clean eating cookbooks and find some delicious desserts that are also low cal, low fat and highly yummy! like almond butter cookies, or slow cooker carrot cake and blackstrap molasses cookies. There are a lot of recipes online.

ummmm....almond butter cookies?! those sound delish. wanna share the recipe? :)

They are!

1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
    3/4 cup Sucanat
    1 large egg
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    3 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
    Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
    Nutrients per cookie: Calories: 110, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 55 mg, Cholesterol: 10 mg
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    olives, cheese, beef jerky, bacon, sweet potato with butter, things that have lots of fat or protein and lower in carbs.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Rice Cake with 1 TB peanut butter
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    google "magic muffin mix" recipe.. the mix is ~65 calories per muffin and add-ins add only 10-20 cals!
  • Topsurf3
    Options
    Plain Rice Cake, top with 1/2 TB peanut butter, then top that with sliced banana. Yummy and filling!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    They are!

3/4 cup Sucanat
    1 large egg
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
    Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
    Nutrients per cookie: Calories: 110, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 55 mg, Cholesterol: 10 mg

omg, i want to try these! can you replace the Sucanat with splenda or stevia somehow?
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've never had these, but I'm trying it this weekend... but if you like chips, try making Kale Chips. Get some kale, cut out the stalks, wash, pat dry, toss w/ olive oil and seasonings... bake for 20-ish minutes at 350.

I hear that this is a good alternative to eating chips and they are tasty!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    sugar free pudding cups have only 60 calories a cup for a sweet treat. I like to take the vanilla and cut up a small banana with it.
  • jodil68
    jodil68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    They are!

3/4 cup Sucanat
    1 large egg
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    INSTRUCTIONS:

omg, i want to try these! can you replace the Sucanat with splenda or stevia somehow?

im sure you can, I dont know how but im sure there is conversion chart online for that
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    1 apple (cooked in pan with cinnamon and sugar, i use truvia)

once apples are soft add to vanilla greek yogurt and top with some chopped walnuts, SO GOOD!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt + honey + cinnamon
  • danielle_catley
    Options
    I'm addicted to mini moonpies (chocolate and marshmallow)! They are 110 calories each. If you like chips, give Special K's a try. 27 chips are only 110 calories.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE treat, which is my breakfast, and usually my dessert too is naturally sweetened cereal (Trader Joes wheat puffs with agave are really good, or their bran flakes), some frozen berries and frozen sliced banana, a little bit of chocolate protein powder, almond milk, and a few spoonfuls of greek yogurt. Mix it all togetherrr and YUMMMYYYY. calories totally depend on how much you have but you can have a good, dessert sized little bowlful probably for about 200 cals, or for a full breakfast I have a big bowl so probably 400-500 as I am into the big breakfast thing
  • caty92
    caty92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has said this but I've found the 100 calorie packs to be AMAZING for this! The Oreo ones are the best sweet ones I have found, and the Ritz snack mix are my salty treat. The 100 calorie pack Emerald Almonds are also really good if you are feeling a bit hungry in between meals and need a pick me up, plus they are packed full of nutrients and keep you fuller longer. I like them because you know exactly how much you are getting in each, no surprise 120 calories per serving-with 3 or 4 servings in the bag.
  • misskristy30
    Options
    Sorry if these were mentioned, but here are some I like!

Special K cracker chips
    Special K pastry crisps
    Nature valley granola thins
    Fiber plus bars
    Pringles light
    Lays baked
    Sun chips
    Nut-rition mixes
    Cheese
    Smart pop popcorn mini bags
    Eddy's slow churned light
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches

I do also like yogurt and fruit. :)
  • agmick
    Options
    Personally I mainly try and stick to my calories--and if I blow that by having a big lunch or bad snack, I either make up for it by walking (fitbit), working out...or doing without. That being said I've gotten better at stuffing myself with foods I do like that aren't going to bust the calorie bank. Fruit is easy--and at first I was lazy and buying the pre-cut stuff from the store (pineapple, strawberries, apples...) which made it easy to start adding that into my daily routine. Then after a while I was eating so much of that, it was getting expensive, so I bought the whole fruit\veggies and dealt with cutting and prepping myself.

Outside of that, I eat a lot of beef jerky, pickles and popcorn (94% fat free kettle corn)...the issue with those are the sodium content. So I drink a lot of water...

And then my other indulgence is what I've been calling a Fresca-rita... Basically Fresca (0 calories, 0 sugars), lime juice and tequila. I've seen some other low cal margaritas...but they take more effort...and by that Fresca vs. Grand Marnier and Agave nectar...(if only I wasn't so lazy!).
  • tlrindy
    tlrindy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    15 or so raw almonds and a TBSP of dark chocolate morsels.

Pop cake rice cakes 15 calories each with raw almond butter or hummus with shredded carrots.

1/2 cup of rice, 1/4 cup egg beaters egg whites, a few drops of vanilla. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Cook longer if needed. Rice pudding!

Smoothies:
    Almond milk, protein powder, PB2 powder, and banana.
    Spinach, almond milk, protein powder, and frozen berry blend.

HOT TEA:
    Decaf Chai tea with a dash of almond milk.
    Decaf green tea.