Which supplements do you take/recommend?

Options
Hey, all, I was just wondering what supplements do you guys take or recommend? Right now I'm just taking a daily multivitamin (when I can remember). Every now and then, if I have any swelling, I take potassium, and it usually helps. If I have a migraine, I take magnesium...If I have a cold, I take chewable vitamin C and L-Lysine...If I'm having an issue with yeast, I take garlic etc...but what supplements do you all take daily? Just wondering. Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2BHealthyNFit
    Options
    Daily I take a Multi, Calcium, Magnesium, and Flax seed oil vitamin.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Muscle tech whey protein elite series chocolate. It is wonderful for the muscles!! I drink it with chocolate soymilk and it's delicious!!
  • rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just take a daily multivitamin/multimineral (nutrilite brand) and three capsules of fish oil every day. I've been thinking about adding something else, but can't decide! Haha. But those two things seem to work well for me.
  • daringstoic
    Options
    I take calcium chews every day (they taste like Tootsie Rolls, but have 50% of your daily calcium value). On odd days, I take an iron supplement and a niacin tablet, and on even days I take a multivitamin.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Whey protein
    GMP certified multivitamin
    Magenesium
    Fish Oil
    Creatine for those who strength train
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I take green tea extract 315 mg 4 capsules a day
    magnesium
    chromium(spelling)
    and a vitamin B12 for stress and enegry

and in the winter I take a vitamin D 1000iu
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Half of a multivitamin (to supplement any vitamins/minerals I may be short on) and algae oil since I don't eat fish.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Here's my list:

Alive liquid energizing multi-vitamin
    Udo's 3 6 9 oil
    Triflex joint and muscle support
    Endurox R4 4:1 muscle recovery
    Oxi Elite Pro appetite suppressant
    Dr. Natura's colonix cleansing program (several things within the program)
    100% whey protein
    Jack 3d

I buy everything in liquid form, too, if it's available.

Erica
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I avidly take Herbalife supplements. Definitely the multi-vitamin and the cell activator (keeps the villi in the cells clean so you have better absorption) I add flaxseed to everything I can and chia when I can get it. ( its really expensive for chia seed here in PA)

If you want more information on what I take or if I can help you, friend me here and I can tell/show you more.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I take Vitamin D3, fish oil (when I'm out, I'm changing to flax - for now, I freeze them to keep them from making me nauseated), and CoEnzyme Q10. All mine were recommended by my doctor.
  • siriusalien
    Options
    Basic multi vitamin, 3G fish oil, vit D, and an adaptogen like cordyceps or Ashwaganda
    All pretty much from Nature Made BECAUSE they voluntarily submit their products to the USP for independant verification of ingredients.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Krill Oil
    Vitamin D
    Sometimes a whey protein supplement
  • mmeredith49
    Options
    I drink Shakeology as a meal supplement or a snack depending on my current workout schedule. I have been using the product for about a year and a half. The ingredients are all natural and complete nutritionally so, no need to add to it. I also use Energy and Endurance prior to workouts and Results and Recovery post workouts. I know that I sound like a commercial but, I have lost 40 lbs. over the last year and a half and at 41 feel better than I have ever felt post High School athletics. There is my two cents and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Casein, Whey
    Fish Oil
    Flaxseed Oil
    Glucosamine Chondroitin

I would recommend creatine to someone doing heavy strength training needing a boost as well.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    evening primrose oil, cinnamon, coq10, glocosamine, super b complex, cranberry, fish oil, vitamin d and a multivitamin. I used to take more but I quit for various reasons.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Fish Oil
    Whey
    Creatine
  • jan_2136
    jan_2136 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the Advocare products. My husband and I drink the SPARK drink everyday!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Mainly because of my age I just take a bone strength supplement and a joint supplement and some sports vitamins are added to both of those. Other than that I like vitamin C powder mixed with water and my sports Emergen-C electrolyte supplement every morning. Then more electrolyte mix after a long workout. Oh and I like creatine and L-glutamine.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    When I can remember:

Biotin
    Woman's Multivitamin
    Fish Oil/Omega 3s
    Probiotic
    Ginko Biolba
    St. Johns Wort
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Vit c, cod liver oil, calcium daily

If either me or my oh have any kind of stomach/digestive problems no matter the cause I reccomend activated charcoal tablets
    When himself bruised his gut after being headbutted in the stomach by a bullock he was in agony for weeks, vomiting with pain etc

I gave him activated charcoal tablets and they really helped relieve any digestive discomfort he had as a result of the bruising