Which supplements do you take/recommend?

Options

Replies

• 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard Extreme milk chocolate for my protein.

That's about it though
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was actually going to post a question kind of related to this...

I take:
    Daily multivitamin (women's one-a-day)
    Biotin supplement (hair, skin & nails vitamin)
    ^^Those are the 2 I was wondering about, they are pill form, and I've heard you actually pee most of that out... They are nasty smelling/tasting, and I literally have to gag them down... is it worth it?

I also take:
    Fish oil
    Casein Protein (when I need a bit more protein to meet my macro goals)
    Whey Protein (after lifting)
    Glutamine (after lifting)
    Creatine (after lifting)
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology as a meal supplement or a snack depending on my current workout schedule. I have been using the product for about a year and a half. The ingredients are all natural and complete nutritionally so, no need to add to it. I also use Energy and Endurance prior to workouts and Results and Recovery post workouts. I know that I sound like a commercial but, I have lost 40 lbs. over the last year and a half and at 41 feel better than I have ever felt post High School athletics. There is my two cents and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

How many calories does the Energy and Endurance and Results and Recovery have?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I take a Daily Vitamin and a couple of aspirin every morning.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love the Advocare products. My husband and I drink the SPARK drink everyday!

Yep ME too :)
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bump as I'm super interested in this!
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    centrum multi-vitamin
    Nitric Oxide booster (pre-workout)
    Chocolate Whey Isolate
    Creatine
  • sal5223
    sal5223 Posts: 1
    Options
    OxyElite Pro
    GlycerGrow - vasodialator
    Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate
  • keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Per Day

1 FishOil Capsule
    1 Complete Multi-Vitamin (One-A-Day brand)

When I remember... I have them here at work so I typically take them at lunch time. Which reminds me...
  • UrbanWild
    Options
    I take CoQ-10, PharmaFreak Vitamins(vitamins, minerals, micronutrients), extra calcium, fish oil, and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Isolate for extra protein. I'm 62, so I need all the help I can get!
  • imawolfpackmom
    Options
    EmergenCe Multivitamin powder, that i add to a glass of water! You can find it in the grocery store in alot of different varieties like Vitamin C, etc. Love it and dont feel as good when i dont take it! Seem to take it more religiously than a pill!
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love the Advocare products. My husband and I drink the SPARK drink everyday!

Yep ME too :)

Me three love the stuff. It sometimes messes with my acid reflux though b/c it has a lot of acidity.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey Protein
    MRM BCAAs with glutamine
    Calcium
    Mutli vitamin
    Krill oil
    and currently Yohimbine
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Well during the summer I derive my vitamins from Sam Summer, then come fall it tends to be from Sam's Octoberfest, Winter is Sam Light as I try to avoid the winter pounds, and fall is usually Sam's Red. Those all have vitamins right? They absolutley supplement much of my diet and beer muscles pack on the quickest! :-)
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    oops, responded to wrong thread, lol
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It looks like almost everyone takes fish oil supplement, do you really feel a difference?
    Also, by tracking my food I have realized that I get very little potassium in every day. And I'm not fan of bananas. So I looked at potassium supplements and each pill is only 3% of daily recommended intake. Anyone know why it is so low? Is it because it is really dangerous if you get too much?

YES! :frown: Taking too much potassium can cause a life threatening heart dysrhythmia, so do not take mega doses unless told to by your doctor (look up hyperkalemia if interested) :frown:

To the fish oil question--there is a lot of research that says that the stuff that makes up fish oil is important for muscles (as well as whatever else it says on the label), I just started taking it, so no results to report.

I did the colonix thing a couple of years ago and afterwards my husbands GI doc said not to do again as well as my family doc.

I take:
    One-a-Day Womens multivitamin
    2 huge fish oil pills (don't know dose)
    Large dose of Vit D3 (under dr's orders-lab values were super low)
    Large dose of B12 (under dr's orders-lab values were super low)
    Phillips Probiotic
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I recommend eating a wide variety of healthy foods. Vitamins and minerals tend to do far more good within the original food than when isolated in supplement form. The reason is there's a lot of complex interactions going on within the food that go on inside the food that seem to "active" these components.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine

uhhhh you DO realize that this has been pulled from the market in the US due to it being dangerous...

no.
    its still available... It just can not be sold in pure Ephedrine form. Its not banned because its dangerous.. Its banned because you can make Crystal Meth from it. If mixed with another active ingredient, its still legal, but is kept behind the counter.
    EC stack (what I posted) is Ephedrine and Caffeine. And I am in the USA.

I take it in the form of Primatine tablets.. others use Bronk-aid....

the only danger with it is the same as any other effective medication.. if you take retarded amounts of it, or take it when you shouldnt (high blood pressure for example) there are concquences. The largest problem with it as a diet aid is the physical effects felt by the user subside over time, and dumb people jack up the amount to get the same 'buzz' as they felt the first time they took it.

also, its a much Much MUCH more effective Sudafed.... pesudo-ephedrine does not work nearly as well for colds.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    It looks like almost everyone takes fish oil supplement, do you really feel a difference?
    Also, by tracking my food I have realized that I get very little potassium in every day. And I'm not fan of bananas. So I looked at potassium supplements and each pill is only 3% of daily recommended intake. Anyone know why it is so low? Is it because it is really dangerous if you get too much?

YES! :frown: Taking too much potassium can cause a life threatening heart dysrhythmia, so do not take mega doses unless told to by your doctor (look up hyperkalemia if interested) :frown:

To the fish oil question--there is a lot of research that says that the stuff that makes up fish oil is important for muscles (as well as whatever else it says on the label), I just started taking it, so no results to report.

good answer! :)
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    None.