First clue you were losing weight

Options

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When my (used to be) super tight yoga pants fell off in the middle of a cardio work out. THANKFULLY I was at home. Bra isn't filling out as much, needed new belts and now I have quite a few shirts that actually look 'wrong' when I wear them they are too big.
  • melshipp
    melshipp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I was at work and smilling to myself and some one walking past complimented me on my grorgeous dimples when I smiled. I don't have dimples, so I went to the loo and checked, sure enough I had awesome dimples when I smiled. My face fat was covering them :)
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My waist and boobs shrunk a lot! Plus, and this is weird, but just 5-6 pounds down a lot of people (even strangers) were telling me I was beautiful, but confidence might be part of that.
  • gullee
    gullee Posts: 11
    Options
    I was breathing easier after climbing stairs to third floor apartment. That is more of a conditioning thing, but I was losing my breath a lot more easily at my peak weight, which is why it was noticeable.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    my face was getting smaller as well as my pant size was getting smaller right away.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My rings were loose. :( I hope my wedding ring doesn't fly off in the winter!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Pants sagging like a hip hopper...the last hole on the belt, and I can pull my pants off my hips easily.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    When the scale went to 141. I had been fluctuating between 142-145 for months. When it finally slipped down to 141, I knew I was losing.
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Level of water in the bath is lower with one pool not two. One behind and one in front connect!

I love this!!!! I experienced this!!! It really is a great sign!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my favorite flats that had become too tight fit just fine. lol for the first time i didnt have to slip them off when i was relaxing to let my feet breathe.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I lose weight form the top down, so the first sign of weight loss was in my face. I was on a Skype call with my father and he noticed :-)
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    First, I start feeling slim and then my face slims! Then i am stoked every time I look in the mirror.
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When my very snug jeans fit comfortably!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Derby booty shorts gap a little at the back.
  • meganbollheimer
    Options
    I saw it in my face and waist.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The signs that I noticed were that my honestly too tight size 16 pants were not only a comfortable fit, but started to get loose (especially in my thighs, they've shrunk like mad!) and require a belt. I also stopped using a bra extender because I've gone down two band sizes, my rings are starting to spin around on my fingers because they're getting too big (anyone know what it costs to resize a ring with a platinum band?) and that part of your stomach right below your boobs has really started to flatten out on me so that my chest looks a lot bigger even though I've gone down in band size!

Signs that other people are starting to notice just came this week, a couple of people have mentioned that I've lost weight in my face and a co-worker asked me why my work polos were so big , so I tried on the old size larges in the back of my closet and not only do they fit, but I could have fit into them a couple of weeks ago!
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This is from a previous 20lb loss prior to MFP:
    When I walked up the road without a belt on and my (formerly tight) pants started shimmying down past my *kitten* and I had to hold them up (my belt at the time was a webbed belt without holes so I hadn't noticed the difference)
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not feeling/looking bloated 24/7!!

Also, clothes being a little more comfortable.

Edit: Oh yeah, and also bras getting a little looser....That is a big one!
  • babenes
    babenes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My face was getting thinner was my first sign and people started commenting to me i look like i lost some weight!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I bought a new dress for a family wedding 8 weeks before the big day, and had to send it back to get a smaller size TWICE! And the matching shoe which I tried on when they arrived and then left in the box until the day, fell off all day :laugh: Ended up dancing bare foot
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!