What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• fit30s
    fit30s Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Who even asks such a question? As if race has anything to do with compatibility... And, who cares what people think? Now, differences in culture, beliefs, experiences, customs, attitudes, etc, may cause problems in relationships, and they may not be issues which can be resolved by compromise.
  • athensguy
    Options
    I'm in an interracial marriage. I don't think it bothers many people. The only time I usually bring it up is when someone is hating on gays; I ask if they think my wife and I shouldn't be allowed to be married since they're using the same arguments used by their predecessors to argue against interracial marriage. It wasn't legal here until 1968.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Stupid people shouldn't breed, regardless of race.

this has got to be the best comment of the whole topic

my mum is white european (Polish) and my dad is very dark (Portuguese)
    Only 30 years ago when they got together some family members would not allow them into their homes. its disgusting to think how people treated them and the most ironic part - theyve just celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary and are still very happy, they barely remember how people treated them.

If you are one of the people asking this question, or advocating that it even matters, take a closer look in the mirror and ask yourself why it even matters to you the colour of someones skin.

Disgusted that this is even a topic

AMEN. THAT IS ALL.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    What??? If you think about it we re all interracial so unless you are 100% Italian then yes iterracal is ok not that we can stop it
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think it's 2012.

Only people with some outdated views might have another opinion.
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this was an issue in this day and age. I've dated several different races during my life; Maori, Welsh, American, Brisitsh, Asian, plain ol' NZ European and my current boyfriend is Spanish. Race shouldn't be the deciding factor on who you date, it's whether they make you happy or not. At the end of the day, a relationship is a relationship and race/color shouldn't bring into something like that.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've been in a long-term interracial lesbian relationship. We had some serious problems, mainly because we came from such different backgrounds and were drawing from vastly different life experiences. Her family considered her a "sellout" because she hung out with white people, lived in the city, and did "white girl" things like watch her weight. So she was very conflicted and often took it out on me, accusing my family of being racist and expressing frustration that I couldn't understand firsthand what it was like to grow up poor and black. I tried my best to understand but her anger was very hard to deal with.

Now I'm dating a girl of a different ethnicity, and things are going a lot better because despite the race difference we both grew up in middle class families that strongly valued things like education and thriftiness. Interracial relationships can absolutely be successful but I think it helps if you're both coming from similar backgrounds and have similar values.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Love has no color! My family is full of interracial couples. It makes us more beautiful and diverse.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Beyoncé.

im sorry but this made me laugh sooooo incredibly hard .. oh my gosh . LMFAO .

horrible.. but hilarious
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: If there was a like button to this I would hit it a million times!
  • angusmike
    Options
    None of my business. If they're happy and supportive of each other, who should care? Robert Heinlein said that love is rare in the universe and should be encouraged where ever its found.

:wink:
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Love is color blind. We are all human, no matter the color of our skin, or the location of our ancestors. Who should care what color the two people in a relationship happen to be besides the two in that relationship? If they love each other, what does skin color or ancestry matter, unless they are closely related?

That being said, I think that biracial children are absolutely adorable and grow to become exceptionally beautiful people.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i crashed a party one time, and ended up hanging out and meeting some new people, one of them being a flamboyantly gay black man. like seriously, mario cantone would've rolled his eyes at this guy.

i don't know how exactly we got to the subject, but basically i was asked if i would date said gay black man. i basically said "i don't know what my father would hate more; that you're a dude, or that you are black."

awkward silence for about one second until GBM busted out laughing so far he spit out his drink.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You mean Republicans dating Democrats?
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Does being in love with food count as "Interracial relationship?" I read several posts about bacon...(I also posted a very horrible poem about my relationship with food, no one seemed to think it funny though) :ohwell:

:tongue: :laugh:

Here it is...

"A wee bit of bad food poetry/humor/satire/sarcasm/etc"
    by Penniemh

Food is my love, next to my cats, it's my only love. It doesn't judge me, make fun me, or care when or if I love it. It never breaks my heart and is always there for me. Whether fresh, frozen, boxed or canned, I can always count on food.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think this is a completely inappropriate topic for this forum. We're here to lose weight, not battle it out over whether or not we think interracial couples are okay. Aren't we all fighting for freedom and equality?
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm back to this thread again. So far in my life, I'm dated so many men outside of my 'race' (Black, Mexican, Malaysian, mestizo, Saudi), my mother is just appalled!I think that's why I don't think I'd date another 'non-white' man again.

I wonder what Ma would think if I started dating women? :laugh:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Check back later... it's wild to see the crap some ppl cling to generation after generation....

and they are proud...go figure.

COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Beyoncé."

I guess whoever posted that didn't realize that Eve is the name of another famous rapper from the 90's/00's.....and she's black. LMFAO!!!!!
  • angusmike
    Options
    I think this is a completely inappropriate topic for this forum. We're here to lose weight, not battle it out over whether or not we think interracial couples are okay. Aren't we all fighting for freedom and equality?

Lighten up, Francis. :huh: