What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you are Happy in your Interracial relationship it does not matter what I or anyone else thinks, Only God can Judge Us

And don't nobody but Him have a heaven or a hell to put me in. Does he make you happy? Treat you well? Love you and only you? If you can say yes, then you're golden. Somebody is always going to have something to say about something. Do you girl!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If the people are happy in the relationship then who's to judge.
  • GraceEsther
    GraceEsther Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!!! :)
  • SunnyBrooke0
    Options
    I'm pro-happiness :wink:

I love this!!! :smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are a woman and he is a man is the only difference between the two of you, biologically speaking. Anyone that has a problem with interracial relationships is just uneducated and ignorant. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I know two interracial couples in my church (one is our worship pastor and his wife), and they are the nicest people. 8-)

My family, unfortunately, would not be happy if I was in a mixed-race relationship. 8-(
  • caring4cath
    caring4cath Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there, don't get to hung up on what others think. You enjoy your relationship. I am aussie and married to a wonderful fijian man. I believe it's the heart the matters. We have lots of jokes happening here, about the whole black white brown, who cares what shade really, and hubby says, we all look the same in the dark. But seriously, if you love each other, go for it girl.
    Heart, sincerity, honesty, trustworthy are what matters. Hugs.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    More power to you two! :) I have a cousin who was with a black guy for...13 years. They have a 14 year old daughter together. I never met him...but I adore my cousin and her daughter.

I say if it makes you guys happy, then blow off the nay-sayers and dirty looks and just be happy. :D
  • Michellec9982
    Michellec9982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be happy no matter what :)
    screw those ppl who are judgmental
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with interracial relationships. My best friend's sister is married to a black man (she's obviously white in order to make it interracial). He's a really great guy and I don't think anything negative of them.
  • donovankuehn
    donovankuehn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Consenting adults can do whatever they want. Race, gender, gay, straight - love is love. Who is anyone to judge? We need more love in this world...
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My interracial marriage is going just fine. He's white I am black.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've been in one that was a disaster because of where we lived (the town had serious race issues, I was actually called a "race traitor" by someone in a restaurant while my then boyfriend and I were being seated, I also was lectured by multiple black women for "taking one of the good black men"). He and I didn't work out, race wasn't the issue, nor was our racist town, we just weren't a good fit. My next interracial relationship was with a Jordanian man 12 years my senior and I was in DC at the time, where no one even looked twice at an interracial couple (nor did they care that he was 34 and I was 22), it was amazing and fantastic and I loved being able to go out with him and not get harassed.

I think interracial relationships are fine, people are people and I don't allow race to hinder my opinion of them. If you're in a town where it isn't accepted you need to be prepared to keep your head up no matter what is being said about you because of the race of the person you are dating.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    As a Libertarian, I would never judge you for your relationship choice.. But from my own experience, relationships are hard enough without the additional burden of the clash of cultures.. Relationships definitely involve more than just the two of you.. There's the extended family on both sides. As we all know, EVERY family has those busybody types that feel they can get in your business "because they love you"...

And then there's the possibility of the children that may result.. To which culture do they belong?..

Please dont assume that I'm xenophobic in any way..

I'm just trying to point out that you're really adding a layer of difficulty to your lives by building a relationship with someone from ANOTHER COUNTRY... :-)

To which culture? Really! We are all human.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Totally against it - humans should only be in relationships with other humans

Other than that I have no objections :wink:

Hear, hear!!
  • jrwatson87
    Options
    I have a preference for black males, and the other night some girl I just met assumed I only liked black dudes because they apparently like big white women. Well, 1 million pounds away from now when I am skinny mini I'm still going to be after black dudes. Same goes for any other reason person X can think of and people should just deal with it. Race is a social construct anyway
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im white bu have dated many hispanic and black women. Its just skin color. heart and soul is what matters.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    My 1st wife was a Russian Jew.
    My 2nd wife was Italian Catholic.
    My 3rd wife was Czech Christian.
    My wife now was raised Mormon. European mutt.

Dated all races, religions, backgrounds. There can sometimes be external pressures that are difficult to overcome. Gotta take a "them and us" attitude sometimes.

Dude that's alot of wives.

I bet he's voting for Romney
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that love is love, and that's all I have to say about that. :)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I have never been in a relationship with anyone outside my country and we are all as white as white sheet.
    I don´t care, if people are happy then I´m happy for them. I know a few women who have dated, been living with or even been married to men from other countries with different culture and I didn´t see anything wrong with it. I don´t judge people, I wouldn´t even see that as a reason not to date someone if the right person came along. It is the personality that matters and no matter the color of our skin, we all have feelings, we all have desires, wishes, hopes.......and we all deserve respect for who we are.
    Don´t listen to people who judge you, they are stupid and childish.