What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband is black and I am white. We have been together for thirteen years and been married for ten of those years. We are the absolute happiest couple that I know of. He has raised two boys that I brought into the relationship as his very own children. He is their Dad in every way. We put God first in our relationship, and that is what I contribute our happiness. We are more in love today than we were thirteen years ago when we had our first date on April 16, 1999. He is the love of my life. His myfitnesspal name is Victorct. I must add, he is the sexiest man I know. ;) Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would be very surprised if anyone even thought twice about it. It just isn't something noteworthy, is it? What does someone's race have to do with love?
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Some of the best things are mixed
    Fake_chocolate_swirl_icecream-01.jpg
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with. Race should no longer be of issue in this day and age.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    If it works, it works. My only concern is the girls that seem to gravitate toward gang-member types who don't treat them well. There's a deeper pscyhology at work, I think. I don't know, maybe they are trying to compensate for past repression or something, or just trying to shock their parents. If the person is a respectful decent person, then nobody should have a problem with it.
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    The fact is, there has been so many interracial relationships throughout history that there is 0 chance that any one of us is purely "white" or simply "black" or "persian" or "mexican" or anything else.

The sooner people realize that every person on earth is already a blend of blood, the easier it will be to accept that people from different backgrounds, races, colors, and ethnicities are attracted to love one another.

My thought is: if there is love, it came from God. Who am I to argue with the creator of everything?
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    NOTHING is wrong with that, i am european ( Portuguese ) and personally im more attracted to black guys i was never really attracted to white guys, my ex boyfriend was black and even though hes my ex were good friends and theres nothing wrong with that, people will always find something to judge about i mean people still judge the fact that im friends with my ex like excuse me its my life not yours and its none of your business and thats how you gotta think, you know they judge cause they want to make themselves feel better when really there just idiots so dont listen to anybody hey and plus caramel babies are the cutest :) ahaha
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised it's even an issue. Here in the UK it's not a big deal at all, there are plenty of inter-racial relationships and no-one bats an eyelid. I'm a teacher and we have lots of mixed race kids at school. It's normal here, the way it should be.

My husband (who has an Irish background) has an aunt from Thailand, and an uncle from Iran. My sister's boyfriend is Chinese.

I'm white but have dark hair and dark eyes and look a bit Spanish, my husband is a blue eyed blonde. That's no different really to coming from a different racial background.

I honestly do not know why people have a problem with it.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I almost made several members of my extended family burst into flames when I dated a black WOMAN. I couldn't tell which factor offended them more, but I almost got disowned by several family members I don't like anyway.

And then they found out I'm an atheist (thanks, brother dear), and it was very distracting. They stopped trying to throw some stuff at me and started trying to throw other things (read: Bibles).
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If it works, it works. My only concern is the girls that seem to gravitate toward gang-member types who don't treat them well. There's a deeper pscyhology at work, I think. I don't know, maybe they are trying to compensate for past repression or something, or just trying to shock their parents. If the person is a respectful decent person, then nobody should have a problem with it.

I do agree with this.. One of my boyfriends ex gf's who was white actually broke up with him because he wasn't "ghetto" enough.. Ridiculous...But this is what people assume I am.. I have no interest in being with a bad boy, black, white, Asian, Hispanic etc. And I do notice a lot of girls doing this I guess for the thrill.....
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm black but my hubby is white! It doesn't matter to me! Its what's inside that matters!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's between 2 people!!!
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is from India, grew up in the UK and has been a US citizen for more than 10 years. We live in the San Francisco area and even when we go to the Afghan restaurant for the Sunday brunch buffet I don't feel like we're being stared at or judged (I tend to be the only white person in the room).

We have discussed him going with me to visit my family in Alabama and I do expect we'll get a few odd looks. I learned a long time ago that odd looks don't equal people judging you. Many times they equal people trying to figure you out or possibly even being happy for you.

Please listen to the story I linked below. Listen all the way to the end to where he talks about the little old white lady. Omg it made my heart cry and sign at the same time.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18615556
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    its their problem if they dont like it. im white as they come, as im told, mostly irish with a bit of english. hubby is mostly mexican and some german.we are both american and have grandparents that come from different countries. you can learn so much from the other person. i love that we are different. i love it when i see others that are different. my brother is gay and dates mostly black men. i have a friend thats considered a cougar, she dates only young men. we are all different in some ways, even if people cant see it color wise. most people are fine with it, but if they arent, who gives a rats *kitten*. :laugh:
  • AngelliJim
    AngelliJim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships! I am a product of one (Black and Puerto Rican). Love is love, and all love is beautiful.
  • smileitfeelsgood
    Options
    WE ARE ALL EQUAL....... If your attracted and get along with someone who treats you well then go for it.....
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm a black mama of 5 adult children (which includes a set of twins) and I've never personally dated anyone outta' my race but my daughter-in-law (wife of my younger twin) is white, expecting their first child and they live in Massachuttes. I see absolutely no problem with it. I love :heart: my dil just as if she were one of my own :smooched: & I'm looking forward to meeting my new grandson :drinker: . You love who you love, as long as that person treats you how you want to be treated, who am I to judge?:flowerforyou:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Does it even matter? I'll gladly marry any ethnicity because all that matters is that the person loves you, right? Or maybe I'm being bias because my ancestors married all types of people.
  • Branok
    Branok Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think they are wonderful! I'm actually in one now. My boyfriend is Chinese-American and I'm white. I'm from the South, so you'd think I would get a lot of stares or nasty looks, but surprisingly I don't....however, when I'm visiting him where he lives (Southern California) we get stared at like we're space oddities or something. You'd think one of the most liberal states would be more accepting than the dirty south but it seems to be the opposite!