Join US! FAB FOURS (4 week challenge group) NEW!

Options

Replies

• niky1215
    Options
    My favorite exercise....this is actually a tough one! I would have to say that my favorite is using the ellipitcal. I can just go and close my eyes and get lost in the music.
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    elliptical definately my favorite. Great for bad knees.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    So Rose and I live actually 15 minutes apart. :) We are sharing the weather! I personally thought would like to live somewhere there is an actual change in seasons. Here it is just Hot, and then slightly less hot in the winter. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for months of snow and freezing weather, but something a little cooler then FL for a few weeks would be great.

My husband and I want to move, but Rose won't let us! :tongue: She has threatened my life.. j/k

My favorite exercise would be :embarassed: :embarassed:

exercising in the shower....

While I am doing the hair washing thing, or the body cleaning thing I am walking or marching in place.. doing lunges, squats. Etc. I know it is a little dangerous, but that makes me do them slower to be careful, and that helps with the muscle toning.

This benefits me because I am short on time most days. There always seems to be something that needs to be done other then exercise. I refuse to use that as an excuse so I at least get it done in the AM. That way if I can't make it to the gym that day.. I didnt totally fail. :)
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Quick check in-

My favorite exercise? RUNNING :heart: Just started at the end of June and am absolutely hooked. I could go on and on, but in short, running is my favorite exercise because it helps me SO much physically and mentally. There is nothing in the world that is the same as putting on my shoes and heading out the door. To be able to run for a while and just get lost in my music and my own thoughts is an awesome, and addicting feeling! :bigsmile:
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    Does anyone have any input on meal supplement shakes or performance enhancers????

Just wondering I am thinking about trying some and wanted to know what everyone thought.... Good or bad....
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    hey everyone I know I have been mia been working alot and having a lot of after school activties this wee, trying hard to stay on the wagon....Hope evreryone is doing great..I have to go pick up from sons cookie dough from a fundraiser....lucky me!
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any input on meal supplement shakes or performance enhancers????
    Just wondering I am thinking about trying some and wanted to know what everyone thought.... Good or bad....
    Sorry, I don't use either.

For today's challenge, I wanted to try Essence's salsa dancing. However, it wasn't offered on cable t.v., but Rhumba was there with Lisa Rinna. It was lots of fun, and learning the dance was a nice break from my usual routine.

Thanks for the fun challenge!
    Susan
  • mrsrobinson
    Options

I've done a lot of them. I did Medifast about two years ago. Lost a lot (75 lbs.) but I became so lactose intolerant I had to stop. I was in the bathroom more than I was working! After I stopped I immediately gained it back and then some. I hear now they sell some sort of pill mixture to take because so many people complained about the lactose problem.

Most recently I did Dr. Tabor's online shakes and meals. I really like the bars and still occasionally order them because they make me feel full after eating just one. What I find most worrisome about the meal shake replacements is that they start you on sooo low of cals and you are practically starving. Plus there is that horrible aspect that you can't live on that the rest of your life, so when you go back to real food you gain. I heard the two obesity doctors on the show Big Medicine say that one can expect to lose up to 100 pounds on a liquid replacement but after that the weight will come back on with a vengeance. That is why docs who perform lap bands and bypasses let their patients do the replacements first up until the first 100 lbs., then they take them off to perform the surgery immediately. (The meal replacements is rapid weight loss that also shrinks the organs for a safer surgery invasion.)

I am also going to do the salsa dancing! Fun times ahead! :tongue:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Does anybody have a challenge for tomorrow?
    We should all be able to have a turn posting a challenge this session.

I love these challenges. They help me focus on one day at a time.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Sorry I am getting in so late but had internet issues for two days and thought I was going to die not being able to log in to MFP!

I am glad to see there are so many people that are up for a challenge!

I am a single mom of a 2 year old and want to lose the weight before my son realizes that I am over weight. I love all of the support that we receive here and since I have joined MFP I have exercised more than I think I have in my whole life!

SW294
    gw287
  • jseward
    Options
    I'm in, but I am worried about not losing weight. I have been struggling with more than just food cravings. I have hypothyroidism, and it seems to have manifested itself into some pretty strange behavior that I am trying to get under control. I have been binge eating which I have never done in my life before being diagnosed. I don't know how to stop sometimes. I will weigh in, and I will be honest. THis past Tuesday I weighed 230lbs, and have gained 25 pounds since being diagnosed. I hope I can get this in control before I am a blimp.

I am a mother of two, one is 21, and the other is 22. I have a two year old grandson who is my life. I am a special education teacher for students with emotional disabilities. My students are sixth and seventh graders. I have been married for over twenty years, and am 44 years old. I look forward to battling the bulge with you guys.

SW 230
    gw 225
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    No sweets today, actually no junk at all... and stayed well within my calories. Also got in a 3 mile run and some ab work :bigsmile:

*Edit: Also, just a thought for a challenge... what about a challenge to drink atleast 64 ounces (8, 8-ounce glasses) of water tomorrow? Since it's winter, I usually find that I don't naturally drink as much water as I do in the summer... I have to think about it more and make myself drink it more so than I do in the summer- anyone else? :flowerforyou:
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I like the water idea! I am game!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    For exercise I did my Insanity Series (MAX INTERVAL CIRCUIT)! This was done very early this morning and with this cold it was very TOUGH ! I burned lots of calories!!! I will do the water challenge! It will be a CHALLENGE because I will be on a road trip that will take 5 hours!!!! My calories were good until I got home tonite and ate the white chocolate dipped oreos !! BAD-BAD-BAD
  • mrsrobinson
    Options
    I love the water idea, too. Since the exercise routine is for tomorrow, Friday, will the water be for Saturday? I think I am confused. LOL VERY normal for me! :tongue:
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi guys! Just checking in really quickly... I have two finals tomorrow and have am going crazy studying. Looks like it's gonna be a late night for me. Did well on my calories again today which is kind of a miracle considering the finals thing. I'm even drinking yerba mate and green tea as my caffeine supplements to avoid the cream and sugar with which I usually load up my coffee. (I don't drink it often, so when I do I like to make it tasty as possible! My favorite is iced coffee with almond flavoring and cream. Yum!) I've also been snacking on things like cucumbers with hummus and fruit instead of chips or sweets which hasn't been easy!

I hope everyone is having a great day and is significantly less stressed out than I am right now!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I love the water idea, too. Since the exercise routine is for tomorrow, Friday, will the water be for Saturday? I think I am confused. LOL VERY normal for me! :tongue:
    Yesterday was the no sugar crap day, Today I believe WAS the exercise, Tomorrow is the 64oz. water day!!!!!!! Drink UP !!!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    :flowerforyou: jseward:flowerforyou: Welcome! We're glad you're here. Thanks for telling us a little about yourself, and posting your weights. I hope you get your thyroid stuff sorted out soon. Hang in there! It can be a frustrating journey. Maybe you could just try to maintain this challenge?

:drinker: Kelynn,I think the water challenge is a good one for tomorrow. I will do my best to meet the challenge. My body needs more water.
    I think the exercise challenge was for today, right? If you didn't have the opportunity to try some else's favorite exercise, maybe you can do it soon. Come back and tell us all about it.

Verda, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Mskellyw, good luck with finals.:yawn: Just think, soon: winter break. Ahhhhhhhh.

Pollart, I'm glad your internet issues are cleared up.

Susan
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    I'm in, but I am worried about not losing weight. I have been struggling with more than just food cravings. I have hypothyroidism, and it seems to have manifested itself into some pretty strange behavior that I am trying to get under control. I have been binge eating which I have never done in my life before being diagnosed. I don't know how to stop sometimes. I will weigh in, and I will be honest. THis past Tuesday I weighed 230lbs, and have gained 25 pounds since being diagnosed. I hope I can get this in control before I am a blimp.

jseward, your story sounds almost exactly like mine. I just recently found out I have hypothyroidism and am not yet on medication for it. The hunger and binge eating is completely new to me- never, ever been an issue in my life. This week, I have been doing SO good-- so proud of myself! Hoping I can keep it up! :bigsmile: I too, however, fear that it is out of control and that I'm going to end up huge :ohwell:
  • rose_parker9784
    Options
    I am a single mom of a 2 year old and want to lose the weight before my son realizes that I am over weight. I love all of the support that we receive here and since I have joined MFP I have exercised more than I think I have in my whole life!

SW294
    gw287

That is funny that you say you wanna lose before your son realizes your overweight. My 4 year just told me about a month ago that my belly was big. I was in a sports bra around the house, cleaning and whatever, I bent down to pick up a laudry basket and he said that. I was alittle sad cause my belly is big from my kids, Im 5'9 and before them I was a mere 121 and couldnt gain an ounce. Then I got pregnant and it was all over with. I have lost some weight since my last son was born so now I have more a stretched skin problem there, dont get me wrong, there is still some fat I can lose there, but it was the saggy skin that he was talking about when I bent over. My goal after all this is to get a tummy tuck. I've wanted one for a few years now I just refuse to pay the money if I dont make the first effort to get rid of the excess fat first. I know they have lipo, but I want to feel like I made the first step towards a thinner me. Good luck to you with your weight loss! We are all behind you for support.