Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I sure notice a pattern.............................
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've tried this diet and lasted about 2 weeks, I learned that it is not good for a long term diet. If you are only doing it for one week to cleanse your system then it won't hurt you much, but I always felt so exhausted and you can only do so much with so little calories and that may mess with your exercising. No one can tell you what to do, but if you do it, please be careful and only do minimal exercises as it may harm the body.
  • LoveMy3CutiesLBH
    Options
    I tried that right before I signed up for MFP (or maybe it was around the same time?!) Anyway, it was ridiculous. Yes, I lost 1 pound but that was probably from eating 300-500 calories a day!! Don't start yourself. Stick to MFP recommends and exercise.
  • lrr33
    lrr33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    totally works! you are only supposed to do it for about a month though or u start gaining weight because your body goes into starvation mode. it is a great jumpstart for sure. i lost on average 4-7 pounds a week. i started at 242 and with continuous excercise and better eating habits am down to 202 in a little over 4 months!! good luck to u!!! ps... i did throw a few snacks in here and there and did not workout the first 2 weeks (i had just started my journey). so just b careful. oh and i ate turkey hotdogs! they r great!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No but I did the 665 day lifestyle and got great results
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    3 day diet?!?!?!?!?
    Screenshot2012-07-16at72927PM.png

Screenshot2012-07-16at72918PM.png
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. That's all I can say.
  • WannaBSkinnyBride
    Options
    I actually did the 3 day diet Mon through Wed 3 weeks in a row and I lost 7 pounds. The third day was the hardest for me which is why I didn't continue it. It's a short term very low calorie diet but it's hard to stick with.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Diets are temporary and so are the results, long term results require long term changes.
  • mlb091582
    mlb091582 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It really does work and I started today. Let me know how it turns out for you :)
  • Michelle1810
    Options
    I have been doing the diet and the 1st day when I tracked it was a little over 1200 calories. Day 2 is around 1100 calories. I haven't done out day 3 yet. That is tomorrow. Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all. I only have 1200 calories a day normally so this isn't a huge reduction for me. My biggest concern is the lack of coffee. No caffeine will be hard for me. I will let everyone know how much weight I lose after the 3 days. I'm using it to get over my plateau and get me back on track from too much birthday cake and bad eating the past few weeks.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    There is no quick fix. There is no new way to lose weight. Eating at a calorie deficit will cause weight loss. The reason people see this large drop in the first days is............water. You could do the snicker bar diet and eat only snicker bars for three days, 1000 cals. Day one, 800 cals. Day two and 500 cals. Day three, and probably lose several pounds. This is a junk/fad diet. Eat reasonably and move some. It really is that simple.
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Did it, wouldn't do it again...lost a few pounds but then put them back on again...Put me off hotdogs, cottage cheese and peanut butter for life.

My partner loves peanut butter and I now can't even stand the smell of it!!!

But each to their own, you may try and find it ok.

All the best
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    First off let's be clear.

I'm ALL for the hot dogs and ice cream BUT

Is this something you're planning on doing for the rest of your life?

If not I would find something else.

May I suggest a calorie deficit coupled with physical activity??
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    First off let's be clear.

I'm ALL for the hot dogs and ice cream BUT

Is this something you're planning on doing for the rest of your life?

If not I would find something else.

May I suggest a calorie deficit coupled with physical activity??

That's radical thinking that is.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 dinner. Yes the calories are very low, yesterday I had only 1071 calories. It's hard for me to stick to 1200, so this is a bit of a challenge, plus the no snacking is kicking my butt. I only have one more day of this torture left, lol. I will keep you updated with my results.

'I only have one more day of this torture left, lol.'

I don't care if this diet made me lose 10lb per week, if it's torture I would rather stay as I am and lose weight at a slower and sustainable rate.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    No

It will probably take me 3 YEARS to get where I want to be...then a lifetime to keep me there...
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sounds like BS...Ice cream & hot dogs?????

my thoughts exactly. I would never advise the use of this "diet"
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Edited, because I don't want to be one of those snarky people I used to hate on the forums. I even posted a "Why-Is-Everyone-So-Meeeeeeaaaaaaan?" thread once...:blushing:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!