Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Options

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it. It seems like it would help to shed a couple pounds due to calorie restriction, but saltine crackers? Unless you have a diet plan after those 3 days, I don't see the benefit. I can see this as being a "kick start" to lose the first few pounds, but other than that it sounds hokey.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Hot Dogs? Are you serious??
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This diet was a BIG THING when I was a child (some 25 years ago)....

I was actually thinking about it a few days ago... and today I'm thinking that it's ridiculous to have people eat weiners in a diet... such a bad food to have.

I think a regular diet of green veggies, lean meat, yogourt, fruit, etc. will do the trick! :)

Yeah, I did this with a college roommate of mine...in 1986. You lose weight but within days after you gain a few pounds back. It goes against everything this site teaches about long term better choices for health, persistence.
  • Kitkay805
    Options
    A friend of mine has a few times. I honestly think that it just gets rid of bloat. I don't think that you would lose 10 lbs unless you have a lot of water weight.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bad fad diet. I would be STARVING with a menu like this.

I'd be chewing my arm off.

You could eat like this for 3 days, lose a bunch of weight due to serious calorie restriction, and gain it right back when you go back to eating normally, because this sounds boring and unsustainable. Or...You can eat a big bowl of whole grain oats and protein powder for breakfast, a nice amount of healthy lean protein (beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc), lots of veggies, some brown rice or sweet potato, some fruit and nuts, and have a little room leftover for a sweet treat like a cookie or piece of chocolate, if that's your thing. And still lose weight :drinker:

Edited to add: Nothing against hot dogs or saltines, I even eat the occasional hot dog or brat at a BBQ get-together...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    No but I did the 665 day lifestyle and got great results

and you've got the great arms to show it ;)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I say just go get sick and not each much for a few days. I lost 8 tenths of a pound over night so far this way. Just sayin at least if u sick u have a reason to not eat and wreck ur metabolism.
  • Tllindsey47
    Tllindsey47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I tried it. Did 100% protocol. It DIDN'T work. I'm doing the homopathic HCG and it does work! I'm down 9 lbs. I'm on day 21. I've done this before and it drops weight VERY fast!

Good Luck!
    Tracy
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I say just go get sick and not each much for a few days. I lost 8 tenths of a pound over night so far this way. Just sayin at least if u sick u have a reason to not eat and wreck ur metabolism.

LOL or you could just induce food poisioning and lose about five pounds in three days....
  • hannyz08
    hannyz08 Posts: 31
    Options
    When I was in high school I did this, lost six pounds, and gained it all back immediatley. Also I remember being in a really ****ty mood because I wasnt eating enough, yelling at my parents than ran into my room crying lol. But I was in high school so that might have just been hormones....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried the 3-day diet with any success. I have a friend who is doing it and has been losing weight, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen any really drastic results from trying it. Please share if so!!! Here is the link if you dont know what it is......http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet.

3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea

Dinner--2 Slices of any type meat (About 3 ounces) 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tip to Try: Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods. salt and pepper may be used, but do not use any other seasoning. diet is to be used three days at a time.

In three days you should lose 10 pounds. After three days of dieting, you can eat your normal foods, but do not over do it. After four days of normal eating, you may start back on the three day diet. You can lose up to 40 pounds in a month if this diet is followed precisely.

This is a safe diet.

REMEMBER: Do not eat/snack between any of the meals!

NOTE: Coffee or tea for the first two meals of Day 1 only. Water only from then on. Water intake is unlimited.

Works on 'chemical breakdown'??.....omg people, just stop. If you want to get fit and stay fit for the rest of your life a 3 day diet is not the answer!!!!!!! It's called a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. It's people that go chasing these fad diets, supplements and quick fixes that never succeed. They find themselves in the same place year after year. Eat healthy, watch your portion size and exercise...that is the recipe for success!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Grumpy-Cat-Says-No.jpg
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi! I tried it. Did 100% protocol. It DIDN'T work. I'm doing the homopathic HCG and it does work! I'm down 9 lbs. I'm on day 21. I've done this before and it drops weight VERY fast!

Good Luck!
    Tracy

Good luck not gaining it all back when you have to go off the HCG.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Works on 'chemical breakdown'??.....omg people, just stop. If you want to get fit and stay fit for the rest of your life a 3 day diet is not the answer!!!!!!! It's called a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. It's people that go chasing these fad diets, supplements and quick fixes that never succeed. They find themselves in the same place year after year. Eat healthy, watch your portion size and exercise...that is the recipe for success!

SO...MUCH...THIS...
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds Intersting
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Good Luck!
    Tracy

If it works so well than why are you having to do it again?
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have tried this diet before. I never lost the entire 10lbs. The first three days I lose about 7 or 8 lbs. The next three days when I get back on it, it slows down to about 3 and eventually I stopped losing al togetherl. It wasn't worth it for me. Vegetables with no taste or seasoning.. Plain tuna with nothing in it. I could bearly force it down.The ice cream and hot dogs were truly a treat after eating the other stuff. I want a lifestyle change and I don't want to stop eating everything that I love. I guess it is okay for a jumpstart to weight lost to get you started, but it won't last long. I have to admit it helped me out last year when a few friends and myself had a biggest loser contest. I did it three days before weighing in and I dropped 7 lbs and won!!!It put me way ahead of everyone else.
  • wyeshiawright
    Options
    I just started today. I dont care about eating what i like its what got me in the situation I'm in now.I've heard a lot of people say yea I lost it but gained it right back no offense but duh if you don't eat healthy when your done you will. A pound of fat = 3500 calories so if you don't eat well you will gain it back. Will let you guys know how it works for me.I'm going to incorporate day 4,5,6,7 2000 calories with days 5,6,7. With 1 HR of cardio. Hoping to do it for 6 weeks with a total of 25 to 40 pounds lost wish me luck. Hopes it goes well.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Whether it works or not I can't tell ya, but i can tell you I tried it once and I was shaking so bad the first day by the time it was dinner time, that I just quit it. Its not good if you have any kind of problems with your sugar bottoming out (which i do) so my advice is to not do it and just count calories and exercise. When i asked the same question as you did I rolled my eyes and thought just exercise and eat right, why when I can try something that will instantly drop weight but its not a healthy way to lose weight. Good luck in what you choose to do.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you could possibly lose 10 pounds in 3 days on that plan. I've done Edgar Casey's 3-day apple de-tox (apples, water, nothing else) and lost about 8 pounds, but it comes back. But I got de-toxed!

Rampant diarrhea is supposed evidence of "detoxing"? 'Cause that's what would happen if I only ate a mess of Apples! :laugh:

Yeah, I don't think too many people think that far when they start detoxing or cleansing. It will consist of pooping. Watery, noisy, slippery pooping. And lots of it. Unnecessarily so, as well.

But yeah. Pooping.

And you all know this HOW?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!