Relationship question

Options
13»

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side. We have endorphins, and confidence.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Yes... and that's why Little Debbie and I stopped seeing each other.......

.......total *kitten*, by the way.

:laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Initially it seemed like a ridiculous reason to break up with someone, but after reading some of the comments, I suppose it could bring out deeper underlying problems in the relationship.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,162 Member
    Options
    My last relationship walked out on me as he said these words

"If you hadn't lost the weight we would still be together"

after I picked my jaw up off the ground, I felt blessed and relieved that he beat me to the punch.

But I've also decided that my next relationship has to be with someone that is on the same fitness crusade as I am...he doesn't have to be perfect, I'm not...but he has to be dedicated and active and have fitness goals...

I think that's fair.
    I hadn't given this much thought before but it seems to me that it is equally as shallow for someone to demand fitness or certain body image of their partner as it would be for those who prefer larger/heavier partners to undermine fitness goals or leave the relationship when the other person changes.

Psychologically, the person who is content with their body is more likely to be secure and self confident, regardless of their size or level of fitness. A person who is a fanatic for fitness is still a fanatic; less secure, less self-confident. A person who is unhappy with their level of weight, body image, level of fitness is dissatisfied; likewise less secure, less self-confident but not in a fanatic way.

Thought provoking thread. Carry on!!