TEAM FIT- December continued

Options
Hi team! :smile: :happy:
I didn't see a new thread so I thought I'd create one. So here's the new one! lol:drinker:

I wasn't so good yesterday, I only got in 35 mins of exercise.... and I didn't eat very much either... today will be better though since i can have a lunch unlike yesterday! but today i am going to be good and i'm going to get in my 70 mins of exercise for sure! i did get in all my water though. lol. but i usually always get in all my water.... so i need to be good the rest of this week! keep me motivated everyone!! lol:tongue::laugh:

And I know karen, i'm wondering if the shoes really work too. I figure its worth a try.... I was reading reviews and a lot of people seem to like them. They said they didn't lose any weight or any inches but it helped tone the area so i dont know...... i dont have 100 bucks to pay for them so maybe i can get them for xmas from the boy toy.... lol:laugh: :bigsmile:

Anyways,
I hope you all have a fantastic December 1st morning/day! lol. man I cant believe its December already!! Where has the time gone!?:glasses:

Replies

• aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    btw- if anyone else would like to join, just let us know. we're a "team" here to motivate and give each other support. we set goals for ourselves every day and for the month. just let us know if you're intrested!

karen,
    are you going to keep up the spreadsheet still?

My goals for this month are to lose 6 pounds and make sure i exercise at least an hour 5 days a week. but knowing me, I'll try to get in that extra 10 mins like i usualy do. lol.
  • CRGore
    Options
    Good morning 'aabelein'. I would like to join TEAM FIT! Could I get a little more information about the team?

I need all the motivation i can get. Losing weight has been very hard for me and I really want to stick with it this time! Plus... I noticed you've lost 45lb in just 5 months! You must be doing something right and I would really like to be a part of it. :-)

Thanks.
    C. Gore
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Morning ladies.

I am back on track.

Monday - 20 min workout, 10 glasses water
    Tuesday - 40 min workout

December goals - since I did not meet the 5 pounds in November I am going to try for 4 pounds in December. That will put me at my first goal weight and then I will determine what my next goal weight will be. I want to exercise 5 days a week following the Turbo Jam calendar - even when I go home for Christmas. I have to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day and not go over my calories (except for my husband's birthday and for Christmas - this is going to be a challenge with the holidays and visiting my family).

CRGore - welcome. Our goals are to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, exercise weekly (your own goals) and eat your alloted calories plus at least half your exercise calories. We keep each other motivated with positive feedback. We check in every day with our numbers and at the beginning of each month we set our personal goals for the month.

Ariel - great goal. You can do this.
  • aabelein
    Options
    Thanks Kim!! I figure set it low and if I get more off then thats a +!!! :smile:

CRGore- Kim pretty much stated the basics. We just try to help each other stay positive and stay strong. We all are on here for the same reason, we want to lose some weight. Honestly, I dont think I would have stuck with everything if it wasn't for this team! Logging on everyday to tell them how long i exercised for and how much water i drank, really helped to keep me on track. As long as you eat healthy and exercise daily, you WILL lose weight. I tried for the last 4 years to do something about it, but nothing worked. Until now. :smile: And I really do believe its from being on this team! Besides that, all the girl's on the team are great and offer such wonderful support and encouragement! :wink:

Do you want to set some goals for yourself? :flowerforyou:
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I think I would like to join this group! I really could use the motivation right now!! I am about 5'5 and weight 150lbs. I am looking to lose 25lbs by next summer. Overall my biggest goal is just to get healthy and toned. I am at the top of my "healthy weight" for my height and the heaviest I have ever been and just not comfortable with myself. Today is my new beginning. I so far have ate about 450 cals. and exercised 25 mins to the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD. I burned about 230cals , so I still have over 900 cals left for the day. I have only drank one glass of water though so I need to get a few more down. I managed to get 66oz of water in yesterday so I am going to try for 72oz today.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry with work I have'nt had the chance to log on!:noway:
    Karen I started at 175. I'm at169 though.
    My december doal is to get into the 150'si know its a stretch but my last weigh in was 169 and I just started TOM. So I think I am actually less then 169. While I was gone I kept up on my water. But I counted my work as my exersize. It's very physical
  • DownSizin
    Options
    Hi TEAM FIT!
    Ariel - I created a new thread yesterday afternoon because I knew I would be out this morning, but no matter. We'll post here - this is great!
    Guess what!?!? I weighed at the doc's office and I LOST 1lb OVER THANKSGIVING!!! WOO HOOO!!! I thought I'd gained for sure because I really lost control with the desserts. Maybe drinking all the water along with the house cleaning/cooking helped. LOL...woooo hooooooo! I'm so happy!

I will continue maintaining the spreadsheet if you guys are interested in seeing it. Newbies: I'll add you to the spreadsheet unless you tell me you don't want to receive it. IF you do want to receive it, I usually send it out Sunday for the week's results. You will need to provide me with your email address in your post. Some of us weigh in on Fridays, others weigh in on Sat or Sunday. Whichever day it is, just post your weight for that weigh in and it will be added to the spreadsheet.

Dec goals: Exercise 5 days; 8 water min p/day; Lose 5 lbs by the end of the year.

Everyone have a great day and remember to drink your water! :drinker:
  • DownSizin
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry with work I have'nt had the chance to log on!:noway:
    Karen I started at 175. I'm at169 though.
    My december doal is to get into the 150'si know its a stretch but my last weigh in was 169 and I just started TOM. So I think I am actually less then 169. While I was gone I kept up on my water. But I counted my work as my exersize. It's very physical

Welcome back, Jolinne_! How is the job going besides the physical part? Do you like it?
    Thanks for the weight update. I'll update the spread. Stay strong and keep drinking the water! You can do it!!! :smile:
  • aabelein
    Options
    Hi TEAM FIT!
    Ariel - I created a new thread yesterday afternoon because I knew I would be out this morning, but no matter. We'll post here - this is great!
    Guess what!?!? I weighed at the doc's office and I LOST 1lb OVER THANKSGIVING!!! WOO HOOO!!! I thought I'd gained for sure because I really lost control with the desserts. Maybe drinking all the water along with the house cleaning/cooking helped. LOL...woooo hooooooo! I'm so happy!

I will continue maintaining the spreadsheet if you guys are interested in seeing it. Newbies: I'll add you to the spreadsheet unless you tell me you don't want to receive it. IF you do want to receive it, I usually send it out Sunday for the week's results. You will need to provide me with your email address in your post. Some of us weigh in on Fridays, others weigh in on Sat or Sunday. Whichever day it is, just post your weight for that weigh in and it will be added to the spreadsheet.

Dec goals: Exercise 5 days; 8 water min p/day; Lose 5 lbs by the end of the year.

Everyone have a great day and remember to drink your water! :drinker:

WOOHOO!!! Way to go, karen!! I wish i would have lost a pound last week! lol :bigsmile: :drinker: but thats okay, i'm glad I didn't gain!! You def. were doing something right last week!! :happy: keep it up, girlie!:wink:
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Happy December (already!), Team Fit! Welcome, new members! The ladies here are sooo nice and supportive! :flowerforyou:

My December goals are 5 times a week exercise, 4 glasses of water per day (a challenge for me :embarassed: ), and hopefully 4 pounds of weight loss! Going home for Christmas might mess up that weight loss goal...

Tuesday total: 60 mins yoga, no cardio, 2 glasses of water

Congrats on the Thanksgiving weight loss, Karen! :smile:
  • aabelein
    Options
    Morning team!!:happy:

So last night i was exercising for the 2nd time and it was a little late (11pm to be exact) and my neighbor from downstairs came up while i was about 10 mins in and said it was loud and asked if i could make sure i exercise before 9pm.... so I didnt get to finish the work out. I only got in about 55 mins of exercise yesterday. Which is still good but i was really dissapointed i didn't get to do the last 15 mins:cry: . But I'm going to make sure i do it before 9 today. I did get all my water in though. :drinker: I want to be good this week but so far it seems like i'm not. well at least, i feel like i'm not. but i think i'm being too hard on myself. i dont know....
    But anywho,
    I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!! :wink: be strong today and keep up the good work!!:bigsmile: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • kholmes
    Options
    Welcome newbies. We love to have friends that support us so now we can support you too.

Karen - congrats on the weight loss - sometimes alittle cheating goes a long way - plus we never realize how much housework is really a workout

AMM - I am will you. I hope my CHristmas trip does not mess up too.

Ariel - stinks that your neighbor was hearing you, but just workout earlier. That is kind of late for your body to have a little rest time before bed. If I worked out that late I will be up all night trying to get my adreline down. But you get an A for effort or attempt:happy:

I just scheduled a small minor surgery that requires stitches so I am not sure if they will allow me to continue workouts with the stitches, but I wanted to do it with a doctor that I was comfortable with and when I had family to help take care of my son if I can't move a few days.

Tuesday - 80 min workout, 10 glasses water
    Wednesday - 40 min workout so far

Have a wonderful day everyone
  • aabelein
    Options
    Morning team!!:yawn:

I'm sleepy today... i've been going to bed around 11:30-12 this whole week, which is not normal for me. I try to go to bed around 10. So I'm super tired! Thank god I have my french roast coffee!!!:happy:

Yesterday: 70 mins exercise and 9 glasses of water
    today: 70 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water

I'm glad its Thursday! But I"m going to be in training all day today and tomorrow for this new system we're getting at work.... fun fun!!:ohwell: Well i hope you all have a good Thursday! Friday is almost here! Hang in there everyone!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • CRGore
    Options
    Okay ladies here it goes...

December Goals - The biggest challenge for me is exercise! So, my first goal is to exercise atleast 30 mins a day, 3 times a week. I know I really should be exercising 5 days a week but I think I better start slow and work my way up to it. And since I'm doing okay on the water intake. My final goal is to count my calories a little closer. I have noticed that joining myfitnesspal has helped alot. But, honestly I don't do as well after 5pm. You know... during family time. :blushing: I will do better. My goal for the month is 7lbs. :noway: Wish me luck...

Thursday - 30 mins of exercise, watch the calories, and continue with the water.

PS, thanks for the warm welcome. :smile:
  • DownSizin
    Options
    Good Thursday morning, TEAM! :happy: THANKS, everyone for the encouragement!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far. It's a little on the nippy side here, weather wise. :bigsmile: I live in between Galveston and Houston and they are forecasting a chance for snow tomorrow!!! I wouldn't mind it if the roads don't ice. We Southerners can't drive in the ice. :noway:

On to the important stuff:
    Wed: 8 water, 45 exercise
    Took measurements this morning and I'm losing inches. Yippeeee - I'm finally seeing some results! This just makes me more motivated to continue to reach my goal! :happy:

CRG- Welcome! You will enjoy being on this Team! Great goals! I have the same issue with family time...I seem to do better at work with my cals and I exercise early before work. It's after I pick up the kiddo at school and try to fix a healthy dinner that I need help. I have gotten better since I've been on MFP, though. The group has been a huge influence on my wt loss. :happy:
    There are some great low cal recipes on the site. Make sure you go to the Community site and scroll the threads. I've gotten some great recipes!

Ariel - Take care of yourself. Be sure to get some good rest...your body needs it with all the exercising you are doing. :smile:
    Kim - When is your surgery? Stay focused before hand and hopefully it won't affect your loss very much.
    Amm - Stay strong before your trip and plan ahead for meals. Find a way to get in some exercise if you can. Walking would be great!

TOMORROW is weigh in for some of us...BE STRONG TODAY! Drink all your water! I look forward to seeing some great results! :wink:
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. Everyone is so nice and they said i am catching on really quick but I am looking for another part time or full time job becuase lets face it part time 7.25 and hour isn't enough. Especially when I just got out of school. I don't feel I should be working minimum wage when I did my schooling. But enough with the ranting and raving. 6 glasses of water tuesday and 60+ min cardio Wednesday- 4 glasses of water and I dont know how much cardio I built a closet and painted all day. So whatever that adds up too lol. I am goin out of town tonight and tomorrow so will check back in on friday night with water and exc ercersize.
  • kholmes
    Options
    Sorry I am a little late logging in this morning.

Wednesday 60 min workout, 10 glasses water
    Thursday 40 min workout so far

Joline - hang in there and do a great job and maybe they will upgrade you. This is a tough economy for just getting out of school but something will come up. Just do what you can right now.
    Karen - I am so happy that you are losing inches too - you deserve it. My sister had snow in Dallas yesterday - yikes.
    My surgery is on december 23. I will let everyone know how it goes after - it is outpatient.
    Ariel - Karen is right your body needs sleep. If you don't get the necessary sleep that could hinder your weight loss so try to get to bed earlier. But great work on the workouts and water
    CRGore - Start off slow with the exercise. You can do this one day at a time is all it takes. I am with Karen that workouts in the morning help me get a good start to my day and I can't make excuses at night as to why I can't workout. It takes a little time to adjust to waking up earlier but it really helps me with my day. Great news that your water intake is good - that can help with weightloss. For nighttime try setting limits for yourself but if you are a dessert fan don't forbid it just eat healthier items. Counting the calories really will pay off.

Well, I have tons of meetings today so I better get going. See everyone in the morning.
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: 2 glasses of water, no exercise (which is bad because I went WAY over calories at my friend's Tupperware party... but I got a lot of cool Tupperware!)
    Thursday: 2 glasses of water, 45 mins cardio

I think I am the only night exerciser in this group! I absolutely cannot get out of bed in time to exercise in the morning and still make it to work on time. I have enough trouble making it to work on time in the first place! :yawn: I am not a morning person at all. I also don't have kids; I think if I did, I would be forced to work out in the morning before they got up or at night after they went to bed.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everybody and Happy Friday!! Well, I weighed myself for he first time in two weeks, and I gained two pounds. Oh well. Honestly, I'm okay with that - I thought I would have gained way more than that. I've been so bad lately...I've totally fallen off the wagon. I've not worked out in two weeks!!! :noway: I've been in a major funk, but it's been so difficult to stay focused, motivated, and happy. I've been down in the dumps lately, so logging food and exercising has not happened. I can tell such a difference in my mood and attitude. Not sure which caused which (mood caused overeating, or overeating caused mood)...but it sucks and I'm ready to get back to being the good happy ME! :bigsmile:

Today is my day to start over and start fresh and get back in the groove! I've got to do this. If I don't...I'm just going to keep slipping. I'm so proud to see that you all have been so good and that we have new members!! :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    Options
    TGIF TEAM!!!:flowerforyou:
    I'm soo sooo sooo glad its friday! i went to bed late again last night and I didnt exercise for the 2nd time so I only got in 45 mins of exercise yesterday.....

Amm- I am totally with you on the whole not a morning person thing! I have to be to work at 7 and I cant get out of bed until 6:30!! I know its bad, and I should get up earlier, but I just cant do it.... So I exercise at night also. I walk on my breaks at work so that gives me 20 mins of walking and then when I get home I do the 30 day shred around 5 with my sister and then again around 8:30... I would love to get up in the morning and do something, but I just cant do it. I set my alarm for 6:15 but i hit snooze until 6:30 almost every day....:grumble:

I hope I can make up for not exercising Monday and yesterday, for a 2nd time, on Saturday. The weekends are usually my rest days but I'm going to try to get it in..... I think I've been pretty good with what i've been eating.... although i have been drinking coffee like every morning and i love sugar and creamer so i probably use too much.... i've logged it and it never go over my calories but i dont know how good it is for me..... But i cant drink coffee black. i wish i could...:ohwell:

Yesterday: 45 mins of exercise and 9 glasses of water
    today: 70 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water

I have to get in all 70 mins today! So I'm going to be good today, and you guys should be too!!:drinker: :glasses: have a great Friday everyone and keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou: :smile: