looking for friends not flirts

Options

Replies

• AmwayMan
    AmwayMan Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm only here to lose weight and get in shape. The only person I flirt with is the love of my life.
    So, lets make lots of friends and help each other out. You can count me in.
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 35, a mom, and here strictly for the weight loss. I started out running (only) and then started lifting weights when a nasty case of shin splints got the best of me. Now I actually prefer lifting to running, although I have this crazy idea about running a half marathon someday...
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Married, stay at home mom with an 11 month old here, no flirting for me!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. In my 40's, married, and not looking to flirt.
  • cline7310
    cline7310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I AM IN THE SAME BOAT TOO! I AM A MARRIED 26 YEAR OLD AND JUST WANT TO HAVE FRIENDS WHO WILL HELP ME STAY MOTIVATED. I WAS DOING SO WELL LAST YEAR, I HAD LOST 40 POUNDS,THEN I HURT MY ANKLE PRETTY BAD AND WAS OFF FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. I GOT SO DOWN IN THE DUMPS ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT I GAINED 20 OF IT BACK. I AM TRYING MY HARDEST TO KEEP MOTIVATED. SO LET'S KEEP EACH OTHER MOTIVATED!!! LET'S DO THIS!!

JILLIAN
  • casslivingston91
    Options
    I COMPLETELY understand that, I'm here to lose weight and possibly make new friends! Feel free to add me. :)(
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can add me!! :smile:
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i'm on here everyday, &i love lifting, currently wanting to lift heavier as well, just need to buy more free weights :)
  • steph8503
    Options
    im here for support on my weight loss journey...i dont have much support from family....they just like to make judgements and bring me down so im looking for some friends who are going thru the same thing or are just looking for support also
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Sending you a request!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hey! feel free to add me as well :)
    always good to surround yourself with good motivators and motivatees!
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    I can't flirt, nor do I really want to.

Happy to befriend anyone - all I can offer is sarcasm though I'm afraid, and a friendly face.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 41, married with 2 teeenagers. I want to start lifting too!!
  • gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Request sent. I'm younger, but here strictly for losing weight, getting support (and motivation), and learning how to work out (lift/cardio/etc) correctly. Definitely not here to flirt. Not married, but am in a committed relationship.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see so many people looking for "friends, not flirts"! :smile: Anyone can feel free to add me, too. My gym membership just ended, so I'm starting the 30 Day Shred, and trying to eat mostly natural (which gets hard sometimes!). I'm 18, 5'5", and 150lbs, in case anyone is interested! If not, that's fine. I love finding new people to be friends with here :flowerforyou:. I'm also strengthening and thinning out for BCT for the Army.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy of a 4 year old and a 7 month old. I'm 37 and working through NROL4W. I started at 201 and I'm currently at 163.5. I'm shooting for 150 lbs.

The major rule I have is, if you are a man and I check out your profile before accepting (which I always do) and I see nothing but women, then I have no interest in adding that person.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I remove anyone who tries to flirt. I also try not to get involved in discussions not related to weight loss. One exception is a group of middle aged fat guys who love to yank each other's chains...but in a supportive way. I won't give them up.

I'm serious about my journey. I'm taking it with my wife who is also my friend here. I'm doing it for myself & my kids.

I'm also working with a trainer at the gym. I've been a gym member since I was 16 years old but did most everything wrong. Working with a trainer helps me do it right for results and without pain. I'm getting close to the point now where I can begin sculpting my problem areas. I'm willing to share everything I learn with MFP friends.

My food and exercise diaries are open to my friends. I won't say "Yay" every time you complete a diary or if you do the bare minimum. I compliment for hard work and dedication and remove people who make a lot of excuses.

Anyone reading this who feels the same is welcome to invite me to be a friend.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm on here for fitness first and flirting second... but really I only flirt with on specific person... so mainly fitness!! haha!!
  • MarshallCroft
    Options
    Just PM'd you.