Anyone else get fed up of logging food?

Options
I have 2 days in my week that are protein only days, the rest are relatively normal. I prefer to log in my exercise and weight than my food. Logging my food feels like a chore. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes I do sometimes, but it is so important. I have not logged in food for a while. I have to start doing that. I am going to send u a friend request.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find logging food and actually seeing what I am eating written down focuses me. For me it is easy to slip if I dont weigh and measure, portions get bigger and by recording food I am aware of everything that goes in my mouth and whether my diet is balanced or not. Its also good to look back on to see what may need changing etc when things get tough!

I did WW for a while and didnt like their logging system at all, this is so much better I think
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I find it fiddly, because I make most of my meals from scratch, with lots of different ingredients, and it takes a while to add them all. But I find after a while the food I'm eating is generally the same, and it's all saved automatically on here, so I just click on 'recent' and tick the boxes.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm getting that way.

I know what works for me now and I just need to be mindful about not letting my macros slip (and not mindlessly snacking).

The ultimate goal is not to log anything for me. When I can do that then it's job done.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yep, main reason why weight watchers didn't work out for me!
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes I always feel the same!

most of the time I only log workouts/exercises and weight!

tired from logging my food! but we have to eat clean most of the time and try to stay on the healthy side :)
  • FrozenGod
    Options
    At first I did. But after a while you have all the foods you normally eat saved in recent so its easy to add.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I mostly love it and enjoy the process - I love seeing what fits and what doesn't and I usually pre-log.

Occasionally on a given day I will decide that I'm 'over it'. For me it usually coincides with a stressful time, a bad mood or me feeling a bit down. The danger if I don't log (or log faithfully) is that I will overeat due to an emotional response. :o

When I feel like this, I leave the computer for 15 minutes but do something else around the house that needs attending too, but doesn't involve the fridge or pantry - potter in the garden, play with the dogs, walk the dogs, spend some time with the chooks etc and then come back in and just log. I find I am less likely to stray if I pre-log, although of course it's been known to happen. But I definitely feel a bit better about logging if I make an attempt at brightening my mood or lowering my stress levels. In that 15 minutes/half hour I have also hopefully avoiding eating anything triggered by my emotions.
  • Jargarita
    Jargarita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It can be very tedious so when I have things like broccoli that do not have a lot of calories I usually don't log them.
  • DougNewman
    DougNewman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Logging my food has been the only way of keeping on track. After 20+ years of hating my weight and comfort eating, I have finally been able to see what I have actually been consuming and it has been a real eye opener. I eat a regular sort of diet so have created generic meals so it makes it a lot easier to log.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Logging my food has been the only way of keeping on track. After 20+ years of hating my weight and comfort eating, I have finally been able to see what I have actually been consuming and it has been a real eye opener. I eat a regular sort of diet so have created generic meals so it makes it a lot easier to log.

I am kind of like you, i tend to let things slip and its a definte eye opener to see what you acutally eat. I too have been storing meals as I tend to stick to the same types of meals so it is easier. I think looking back at the days menu's helps me make healthier choices and balance the 'calories' better.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It tends to stress me out, especially when I go out to eat, which I do fairly often. I am careful about my portions and what I order, but local restaurants that are not a part of a national chain don't post their nutritional info online and so then I don't know what to put and have to look up everything separately. But it does make me accountable, which is good for me even if I tend to obsess a bit about it and it can get tedious indeed!
  • Tarek307
    Tarek307 Posts: 29
    Options
    for some reason i enjoy tracking that kind of stuff since i also wear the fitbit & know how many calories a day i burned
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    So far, it feels like a game to me. I fill out my meals the night before and then adjust and tweak until I get my macros right. That way, during the day I don't have to concern myself with making food choices and making sure I'm getting enough of this and not too much of that.

Some people do Sudoku to relax, I fill out my food diary, lol. I may get tired of it eventually, but for now it is working for me.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    it's a bit of a pain at times. So many ingredients to find etc but I know if I didn't do it I be on the slippery slope fast. A few times I haven't given in to temptation because I knew I'd have to log it!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have 2 days in my week that are protein only days, the rest are relatively normal. I prefer to log in my exercise and weight than my food. Logging my food feels like a chore. Does anyone else feel this way?

Who is forcing you to log anything?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it like a puzzle too, and I have my iPad in the kitchen so I can add things as I prepare my food, it helps me make decisions. But then I've only been at it a couple of months, it might get old after a while!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's a habit now, and takes only a few minutes a day if you do it regularly.
    But, if you find it a chore, don't do it - find another system that works better for you.

PS. Protein only days? Why?
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes. It very often feels like an absolute pain. People think I'm crazy because I stand in the kitchen with my phone, scanning barcodes and inputting info. It depresses me when someone makes me a nice meal and I end up worrying that I can't log it.