Anyone else get fed up of logging food?

Options

Replies

• SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I tried to quit logging food, merely to see if I would stay accountable without doing so. I couldn't even do it... I got 3 days in and the withdrawals were crazy lol. I like knowing my stats on calories, protein, carbs and fat!! I'm addicted!!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Nope. I love my numbers. They keep me honest and healthy.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    It can be a hassle but it is helping me so I just do it.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    nope, it's just part of my daily routine.... besides, I see too many people that get lax with logging and before they know it they've gained a few pounds because they're not visually seeing the calories/stats in what they're eating so they don't think about it.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm more fed up with being fat.

I do wish the meal/recipe entry was easier. I found a recipe calculator that you just copy/paste enter all the ingredients in a text box and it figures out the whole thing. better than the tedious search of every thing here. Wish that was integrated into MFP.
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually like it, because it keeps me accountable. Also, I love to cook, and while recipe adding can be tricky sometimes, I enjoy adapting recipes to make them healthier or inventing my own, and inputting all the ingredients makes it easy to see where I can trim some calories.

On the other hand, sometimes it gets tedious, particularly when I eat out somewhere that doesn't post nutrition information. On days like that, I just make reasonable choices at the restaurant, and if I can't find the nutrition info, I just don't worry about it for that meal. As long as that only happens occasionally, it seems to work well for me. I've been steadily losing weight and gaining muscle, so I figure I'm doing something right!
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am burned out on it so I'm taking a break from it.
  • sameervasta
    Options
    Instead of thinking of it as food logging, think of it as meal planning. I use the log to plan out my meals for the day, and then adjust as necessary. That way, I eat better because I'm planning in advance, and I'm still getting all the benefits of logging my meals.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love logging here, it is the easiest thing ever. I used to get frustrated with other sites.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes! :)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't find it tiresome or difficult at all. I like knowing exactly where I am in regard to caloric intake as well as my macros. It was a bit bothersome at first but now it's pretty quick and easy with the smart phone app. And, more importantly, it works.
  • leonarsu
    leonarsu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No I like it because I always know where I stand and can accommodate exercise and meals accordingly. That is the point isn't it?
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Cry-Baby.gif
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the time. I'm usually good for about a week then I fall apart and stop logging.

A bad habit I need to break.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yes, particularly when I am here for "fitness" per se, and not so much for weight loss. But I guess it does help me somewhat. Seldom do I go over my calorie limit, though. I don't know, I guess I could take it or leave it.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I too did WW but fine MFP much better and more informative. It has been an eye opener to me on some factors such as sodium intake. Logging food helps me to stay on track
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I find logging food and actually seeing what I am eating written down focuses me. For me it is easy to slip if I dont weigh and measure, portions get bigger and by recording food I am aware of everything that goes in my mouth and whether my diet is balanced or not. Its also good to look back on to see what may need changing etc when things get tough!

^^^^This!! I do it religiously, check the ticker---works for me!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And well on an average day, I'll easily have 20-30 different items in my food log. I cook a lot at home. So it can be a pain looking up everything. I tend to rotate quite a bit, so recency doesn't always help me.

C'est La Vie. I will experiment with not logging, and see how it goes too. I did for about 2 weeks this month, and it turned out just fine.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I find that logging my food is the only way to keep myself accountable. It would be way to easy to eat more if I didn't log it. It is also easier to log it into MFP than to write it down which is what the dietican told me to do. I don't want to go back to my starting weight. So I will continue logging as long as I need to.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    No, I don't mind doing it; I find it to be a great tool. The only time it's a problem is when I have to compute the calories for a new recipe.