I wonder why... MSG MUST BE INCLUDED?

Options
MikeyD1280
MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
As I browse in topics and post in topics, I often read what people wrote. Sometimes, I click the persons name and see if there could be more pictures or even read their little biography.

Here's my thing, I don't care who adds me; guy, girl, fat, skinny, avitar of a dog, a saying or even if there is a message attached. I find it pretty cool that people, random people want to add me. So...

what's with the people stating in their profile that "MUST INCLUDE A MESSAGE OR I WILL NOT ADD YOU!". I sometimes feel that some, NOT ALL, but some of the people who put that into their profile must MUST think they are God's gift of the "Friend world". Sometimes, I put them in the "rich snobby superstar" category, you know, the actors and actresses that feel they are too cool to chill with regular people like you and me.

So to the people that have that in their profile, why? It's like your only allowed to have so many friends and once you pick them your stuck with them. Whats up with that message?

Here is the FUNNY thing, SOME of the people that have that in their profile had added me and sent me a blank message.. :laugh:

whew... anyway.. whoever wants to be my friend, I require nothing, nothing at all :drinker: There is no prerequisite to post on my wall or to explain yourself.. I never heard anyone in real life say, "hey can we be friends because...." it just happens... I dunno..

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I like messages from the guys that have 56 female friends and haven't lost a pound.

Hey, everybody needs a pick me up, even if they smell their hands afterwards.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    :huh:

:drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I put it in my profile because of people like you. I get a little thrill that someone, somewhere is so anal that he or she is that upset about what's written on my MFP profile.

Thank you.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want spammy @$$holes, or trolls, or weirdos. At least send me a message as to why you feel like friending me. You don't just walk up to a stranger and start following them around. You engage in conversation, take a liking and start to be friends. Come on man, it's not hard to figure out. It's creepy when someone friends you, and then never comments or messages or writes or anything. You're like, WTF? I require all my friends are active. I delete people that don't chat or send messages once in a while. I also delete people that aren't healthy, either junk food people or those that have an ED. I want healthy happy active people on my FL. If that is offensive, then whateves.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's polite.
    I decline anybody without a message. Because to be honest, I don't know where they came from or why they want to be my friend?

Is it some random teen with an ED? Is it some Buffalo Bill female collector?
    I have no interest in a friendship of any of those types.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    It's polite.
    I decline anybody without a message. Because to be honest, I don't know where they came from or why they want to be my friend?

couldn't it still be those types of people who crafted a good statement to be friends?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a thread about mono sodium glutamate. I love the stuff. Millions of Asians can't be wrong.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a thread about mono sodium glutamate. I love the stuff. Millions of Asians can't be wrong.

Me too.
    I love the stuff... I know some people get headaches from it, but dammit... it makes my meat taste tastier!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    because I have enough/too many friends as is and would like to know how or why I could support them or vice versa. Or, when my page was public, that was my reason for it. We all have our own reasons. It doesn't mean anyone thinks they are above anyone else... it just is what it is.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Because I AM super special and want to make everybody on my FL do my bidding without having them question me. If they can't follow that one simple instruction to send a message with a FR then they are hardly likely to do anything else more complicated. :yawn:
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    Because I don't want spammy @$$holes, or trolls, or weirdos. At least send me a message as to why you feel like friending me. You don't just walk up to a stranger and start following them around. You engage in conversation, take a liking and start to be friends. Come on man, it's not hard to figure out. It's creepy when someone friends you, and then never comments or messages or writes or anything. You're like, WTF? I require all my friends are active. I delete people that don't chat or send messages once in a while. I also delete people that aren't healthy, either junk food people or those that have an ED. I want healthy happy active people on my FL. If that is offensive, then whateves.

not at all, :drinker: I guess maybe I haven't come across those types of people. I added someone who said we are alot alike because we are both ecto, I deleted her, because all of her negativity she posts on the walls. There been people who sent me no rhyme or reason to be my friend, and they are pretty cool. So I guess it doesn't matter to me if there is a message or not. But I understand. :smile:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was weird to say that. I don't have that in my profile, but I understand why people do it after being here a while.

I have 176 friends...i am trying not to add many more because I got overwhelmed with over 250 at one point. I like to pay attention to my friends and be supportive, and it was getting impossible.

Sometimes when I play in the forums a lot, i will get 30 friend requests in one day. I dont require a message, but I might add one person who chose to write something funny or introduce themselves and say, hey i saw you wrote this or that, etc etc.

soooo for people who have enough friends, a message goes a long way

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    It's polite.

couldn't it still be those types of people who crafted a good statement to be friends?
    Nope, not if they can't leave a message.
    I like to interact with my friends, a lot. I have a good amount. If I accepted everybody, I'd not be able to keep up.
    If you don't leave a message in the request, it's rude.
    It's commonly known people like messages in the requests.
    So I don't need to be friends with somebody who cannot leave a freaking simple message.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    I used to think it was weird to say that. I don;t have that in my profile, but I understand why people do it after being here a while.

I have 176 friends...i am trying not to add many more because I got overwhelmed with over 250 at one point. I like to pay attention to my friends and be supportive, and it was getting impossible.

Sometimes when I play in the forums a lot, i will get 30 friend requests in one day. I dont require a message, but I might add one person who chose to write something funny or introduce themselves and say, hey i saw you wrote this or that, etc etc.

soooo for people who have enough friends, a message goes a long way

Jules:flowerforyou:

true... sometimes I wonder how some of the friends on my list came to find me.. haha
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    It's polite.

I like to interact with my friends, a lot. I have a good amount. If I accepted everybody, I'd not be able to keep up.
    So I don't need to be friends with somebody who cannot leave a freaking simple message.

then I am glad I left you one, because you do put up some cool topics... like your newest one.. haha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I thought this was going to be a discussion of the high sodium content of mono-sodium glutamate. :laugh:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Well, I ask people to leave a message so that I can engage in some kind of common interest chat with them. When they send a blank FR I go to their profile and glance over it. More often than not I'll accept. I've never declined. If they leave no message, I'm kinda given the task to iniate in coversation and ask "hey buddy, where did you see my profile and why did you add me?" or something like that. Just to know if we share the same common interests. I dont automatically decline people, in fact some of the most awesome people on my friends list sent no message. If I declined them, I would have no idea how funny or awesome they are.

But thats just me. :drinker:
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's polite. I don't demand it but I will always include a message myself. How hard is it to say, saw you in a forum, we're from the same place, same age etc.

Nice to be nice.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    It's polite.

then I am glad I left you one, because you do put up some cool topics... like your newest one.. haha
    And I hate that it seems rude, but when you've got a certain amount of friends...you have to weed them out somehow.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

My mom uses it in almost all her cooking... mmm... egg rolls :heart: