Inappropriate work attire...*shudder*

Options

Replies

• BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    So...there's a lady at work...she annoys me a little in the first place, but she's nice enough.

She's 50ish...probalby mid 50's. She (twice now) wears this sweater...it is low cut, first of all...and has a VERY open weave pattern at the top.

I do not want to seem mean...but honestly the sweater is borderline inappropriate. It shows off a large amount of cleavage...and then the weave pattern...I mean I can see what color bra she has on. And I do mean it reveals the entire bra...you can see more than I think is appropriate ouside the home let alone at the work place.

Anyone else get in this situation?I feel like I can't look in that direction...it's so awkward.

*edited because...:I should preface that this is a medical environment...not casual...even if it was....*

PS: not looking for advice on what to do about it...more seeing if anyone else has been in a simliar situation. THanks.

If she's HOT I dont think you should say anything..but if she's NOT then yes RUN to HR!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You could mind your own business

yes, please. The OP needs to stop staring at other women and coming on here to complain about them.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Human Resources - Because there are grown adults who still feel the need to run to mommy and daddy when they don't like something.

*High Five*

*and an *kitten* grab for good measure*

what?
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Does she have bigger/better boobs than you? Is that REALLY what this is about?

^^6 This..You would probably have on the SAME sweater if your hooters were bignormous!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I would advise you to do....nothing.

Ummm yeah!!! ^^^^THIS!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    No, no, no....don't go to HR. Seriously?? Are any of you who suggested going to HR actually paid to police your co-workers?
    We have people in our office all the time being called out for what they're wearing and the first thing I think when I hear that HR was contacted about someone's outfit is....

Who the hell has time to be walking around worrying about what a co-worker is wearing, and are we in grade school??
    Maybe it's just me, but I quit tattling on people a long time ago.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at work who is incapable of pulling his trousers up or wearing a belt to the point that we are all subjected to excessive bum crack - at times at least 3/4 of his *kitten* hanging out - and I could never say anything! He would be mortified. He obviously knows it happens, but it has someone become such a habit to him that he doesn't realise it's a little inappropriate.

I don't think going to HR is the solution. Can you imagine that conversation? Then she would know it was you (probably) and you'd have an immediate bad working vibe around the place. I'd just say, avert your eyes if you can!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Does she have bigger/better boobs than you? Is that REALLY what this is about?

^^6 This..You would probably have on the SAME sweater if your hooters were bignormous!

^^^I probably have that sweater. :smile:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    One of the woman's sweaters, that she's worn twice, is THAT big of a bother? To complain about her to HR?

Wow.

Maybe I should hand out xanax over here too.

May i have some?
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Human Resources - Because there are grown adults who still feel the need to run to mommy and daddy when they don't like something.

I'm in HR - and this is true. It's one big fkn babysitting service.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My office place is extremely professional - no shoes that go between the toes, no bare arms, no cleavage, nothing too tight or more than 2" above the center of the knee cap, etc. No one in my office dresses the way the OP describes because our HR person would have us in the office going over the employee handbook and making us highlight stuff then sending us home to change. When I signed on here, I signed a policy that states I must represent my office in a professional manner according to their guidelines at all times. We do have Casual Friday, but it's not very lax either - solid wash blue jeans, still no shoes that go between the toes, still no bare arms.... it wouldn't be my place to say anything because HR would get them first.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

*lick*

Yup. That just happened.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're a prude.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You could mind your own business

^^^^ this - Where I come from we say MYOB!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    my boss's niece is working here part time and half the time she comes in wearing booty shorts. It is not appropriate but wth?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Take some pictures, get creative with photoshop, post in various places around the office.

Problem solved.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    One of the woman's sweaters, that she's worn twice, is THAT big of a bother? To complain about her to HR?

Wow.

Maybe I should hand out xanax over here too.

May i have some?

Me too..please?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Well... she might be doing it on purpose to annoy you, so tell her how lovely she looks.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Act like she has spinach in her teeth. Take her aside and say, "Maybe you didn't realize, but that top is totally see through and everyone can see your underwear." Have a tank top or something available so that she has a graceful way to cover up.

^^^^great idea to get fired