Sober September anyone?

Options
Anyone with me in giving up alcohol completely for the month of September? I actually started this past August but I'm on board for the month of Sept. :)

It will suck to not have a beer when football is on but oh well. It's only for a month! :sad:

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'll join but i kind of don't count! i've been sober for 5 years and counting!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    i'll join but i kind of don't count! i've been sober for 5 years and counting!

WOW...Good for you!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "great idea!" My second thought was "I have a wedding with a bunch of people I don't know on September 2!" So umm... yeah I will not be participating in this one, but good luck to you ;)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Let me think on it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Hell no.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Hell no.

LOL! Something my best friend would say. Made me laugh!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hell no.
    ^ This
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    There are far too many Fridays and Saturdays in September. I am giving up shaving, though.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you're on your own! :drinker:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The idea itself is blasphemy. For shame.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont really drink anyway i have a drink once in a blue moon
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You're not getting much company here are you? But it's a good way to cut empty calories, so I'm with you.
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    IN!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Me, please.

Wait, Can I drink one glass of red on September 1st? It's a cruise/party/bash/fest thingy and it's one of those times of the year when I'm normally on vacation, so i'm a bit sad.
    /ending excuses. :)
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    Are you drunk right now?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sorry. If it wasnt for the cruise Im going on, I could probably squeak it out. Maybe next time.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! Not only could I do with saving calories, I could do with saving money too... Bring it on!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'll do. Pretty simple (not easy) for me. Went through alcohol/drug treatment 30 years ago. Have had nothing since.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    No way. I'm gonna party like a rock star for my birthday month.

But I do enjoy the fact that your profile picture is a dog sh*tting on sh*tsburgh logo.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "great idea!" My second thought was "I have a wedding with a bunch of people I don't know on September 2!" So umm... yeah I will not be participating in this one, but good luck to you ;)

That's why I backed out of no alcohol august. Turns out they weren't even serving alcohol at the wedding -.- shoulda pregamed that one.