paralympics

Options

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Perhaps they'll be a channel showing highlights?

There was a youtube channel showing Olympic highlights, I don't see why there couldn't be one for Paralympic highlights.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Nope, no coverage. We are about to start the college football (real football, not soccer) season and the NFL. Nobody would be watching the paralympics.

Ah of course. A sport only played in the US is naturally far more important....

Seriously. Sometimes you americans really don't do your own reputation any favours. Rise above the stereotype!

What? I don't think anyone would say the paralympics isn't a good thing, American or not. The fact of the matter is it won't get watched by enough people... so why would a network put it on tv?? Plus we know our athletes will take home the most medals

because you have enough channels to just let ONE of them air it. Regarding your athlets taking home the most medals well for one, you will never know as you won't be watching it and two, if you do take home the most medals what a shame those US athletes never had the backing nor the support of their own nation.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    the US doesnt play alot of different sports on the television. its not like theyre just excluding paralympics.
    also, truthfully, how many people would watch it?
    only few countries arent showing it. the US arent the only ones.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nope, no coverage. We are about to start the college football (real football, not soccer) season and the NFL. Nobody would be watching the paralympics.

Seriously. Sometimes you americans really don't do your own reputation any favours. Rise above the stereotype!

What? I don't think anyone would say the paralympics isn't a good thing, American or not. The fact of the matter is it won't get watched by enough people... so why would a network put it on tv?? Plus we know our athletes will take home the most medals

Hahahaha.. Nice try but I bet US will not take home most of the medals. You guys came third in Beijing behind China and the UK. Of course you maye improve in London, but it would be despite the lack of home support, and even if you did take a massive clutch of medals there would, sadly, be few Americans who saw it happen.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    the US doesnt play alot of different sports on the television. its not like theyre just excluding paralympics.
    also, truthfully, how many people would watch it?
    only few countries arent showing it. the US arent the only ones.

You need to widen your horizons a bit there. Millions are watching it, it is a shame you are missing out, there are US athletes there you know.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

because you have enough channels to just let ONE of them air it. Regarding your athlets taking home the most medals well for one, you will never know as you won't be watching it and two, if you do take home the most medals what a shame those US athletes never had the backing nor the support of their own nation.

Yes we have lots of channels... but they aren't govt. run and your typical American doesn't own any of the networks that own the channels. So this broad statement insinuating how terrible Americans are because we aren't going bat *kitten* crazy over the Paralympics is ridiculous. I'm guessing it's running on the BBC in the UK.. and isn't that Govt. operated? Our channels are operated by companies, who are going to play what is in the most demand.

If you really wanted to compare who cares more about people with disabilities why don't you look at who donates the most money... not who watches the most events.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    No. It's running on a commercial channel, channel 4.

Your guessing isn't helping you along much on this thread, is it?
  • meerkat70
    Options

If you really wanted to compare who cares more about people with disabilities why don't you look at who donates the most money... not who watches the most events.

But yes, I'm sure you're good at giving money to people. As long as you don't have to... you know.... *look* at them....
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

But yes, I'm sure you're good at giving money to people. As long as you don't have to... you know.... *look* at them....

Wow, you're seriously a pile!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    We have plenty of able-bodied sports that never get coverage either. It's about advertising dollars. Channels don't pick shows because they like the stories, or they want to promote values or anything else. Channels select programming based on what will gather the most pairs of eyeballs. So they can sell the most advertising possible during the commercial breaks.

Don't be a victim, please. WNBA is a professional sport and it gets ignored by TV for the most part because people don't watch.

The RNC is only getting an hour of coverage a day from the major networks, is that because of a huge conspiracy to keep us uninformed? No, it's because people won't watch. And the results of that are going to chage our lives a lot more than any athletic endeavors.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Seriously? Just...

It's not worth another strike. Nevermind.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

This is very rude.

Exceptionally rude.
    If they had an Olympic event for rudeness, you'd get the gold.

However, it wouldn't be televised. Because nobody would watch it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

This is very rude.

Exceptionally rude.

Seriously.

OP, bend over and pull out the stick that is obviously stuck.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

This is very rude.

Exceptionally rude.

I'm so happy you're on my FL.

<3
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

This is very rude.

Exceptionally rude.

Seriously.

I want so badly to add to that. I really don't want a strike. I have to keep telling myself that.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I don't know whether the live video feeds will work outside the UK, but many events will be streamed live on paralympics.channel4.com. Worth a shot - the opening ceremony is on there now!

Definitely works in the US and thank you.
  • meerkat70
    Options

I'm sorry if my holding a mirror to the views you have expressed and espoused somehow offends you.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options

I'm sorry if my holding a mirror to the views you have expressed and espoused somehow offends you.

Wow! You really should consider decaffeinated coffee because you are ENTIRELY to wound up. You should be holding the mirror up in your face because you certainly think you are better than everyone else.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

Bahaha. Seriously? What about the nice friendly Canucks? They'll be watching football too. Does that make Canadians evil or stereotypical?

I didn't even watch the regular Olympics because it's so boring. Why would I pass up football to watch the Paralympics? Why should a network air a tv show that no one will watch?

What is the stereotype you're applying exactly? That Americans like football more than the Olympics? Speaking of which, what makes you so opposed to football? Additionally, why do you think it is only played in the U.S.? Google "CFL."

If anything, you're the one exemplifying a bad stereotype. You're categorizing everyone in the U.S. in a negative light because the majority likes a sporting event that you don't. Would Americans be acceptable to you if the citizens only did things that were approved by you? Maybe if we were watching cricket instead? Your logic is terrible. If the reason everyone hates America is for its tv preferences, maybe we shouldn't feel so bad?
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options

This is very rude.

Exceptionally rude.

Seriously.

Love it! But in order to do that she would have to climb off her high horse! ;-)