HELP! I ate burger king last night, did I gain weight?

Options
Hi! I'm a newbie here, I recently found about this app yesterday night and I love it! But I'm worrying about something..yesterday before I found out about this app I was at my cousins house, apparently she ordered burger king.. I was really craving It so she ordered the chicken whooper meal large burger and I didn't know that..so I ate it all but my question is that did I gain weight from the meal yesterday? Thankssxxx add me!

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself? Did you go over your calories?

Also, how do you "not know" what someone ordered?
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    With all the sodium in the meal you will probably retain water which is not permanent weight gain. If your total calories for yesterday were within your target then it should not matter in the long run.

Don't sweet it - track your usual foods for a few days - see where you are calorie wise and then start to make small healthy changes to your habits and you will do just fine!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Erm......

If you only joined last night then weigh yourself today and use that as your start weight.
  • helenlp83
    Options
    In all honesty no one will know. We all have good days and bad days. Your body doens't work is minutes and hours. Just keep track of yourself and weigh yourself once a week. Do some extra exercise if you feel guilty about it but don't get so hung up on food that you can't enjoy yourself. If you want to eat burger king or a pizza then eat it but just make sure you order sensibly and do the exercise to earn it.

You need to think of MFP as a lifestyle change learning about food and exercise to get the balance right rather than a short term diet which restircts you eating things. I've just had a nice bar of mint aero because its in my daily calories and I fancie some chocolate :wink:
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about things you ate before you even signed up. Start fresh today. Good luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What you do in one meal or in one day has very little impact by itself in terms of weight gain or loss (other than temporary changes brought on by high sodium content etc). It's the cumulative effect of eating a surplus of as little as 100 calories a day over an extended period of time (365 x 100 cal = 10lb gain over a year) that leads to weight gain but it's also the cumulative effect of a caloric deficit that results in long term weight loss (ie - you don't need to follow a "crash" diet to lose weight)

If, generally speaking, you eat a balanced nutritious diet I wouldn't lose any sleep over one meal.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    To quote an old song, "But that was yesterday....and yesterday's gone." Just start from today and go forward. Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious post??
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If you weighed yourself before the meal and weighed yourself today, and today's number is higher than yesterday... then yes you gained weight. :noway:
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes you did, and the sad thing is that calories from the Burger King meals can never be burned off.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    To quote an old song, "But that was yesterday....and yesterday's gone." Just start from today and go forward. Good luck with your weight loss!!

Foreigner. <3
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Wait you didn't know it was a meal from BK so you ate all of it??!? Cool....

It's the sodium levels. Sure you fluctuated from that. I do all the time when I eat high sodium foods. But you should consult with your scale. That would be more accurate than what we could guess.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, did you eat it after 7pm?
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, did you eat it after 7pm?

As long as it was sprinkled with raspberry ketones it doesn't matter. duh.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You should balance out the BK with long john silvers. After eating LJS, I lose weight almost instantly. Granted, I'm in the bathroom an hour...but you have to be committed!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes you did, and the sad thing is that calories from the Burger King meals can never be burned off.

OMG lol if only that were true I think I spit water on my computer thanks i need that
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    my gas after BK onion rings is horrid
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Wait, what... you didn't know you were eating burger king???
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    This is a good time to try science

Step 1. Weigh yourself and record in notebook
    Step 2. Eat burger king
    Step 3. Reweigh yourself and record in notebook

Draw conclusions
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Don't stress over yesterday. Start today new! Stick to it as closely as you can, log everything and exercise. You will be fine.