HELP! I ate burger king last night, did I gain weight?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Pinch a loaf, scoot a deuce, all will be fine.
    Jokes aside you will be ok.

THIS.
    even the thought of BK makes me lay pipe.

mmmmm double whopper...

*runs to change pants*
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, there are 3,500 calories in a pound, and the Burger King meal you had likely didn't get close to that. Maybe 1,500, tops. So the chances that you gained any significant weight is slim at best, and any spike in the scale is likely water retention from the sodium. Relax, everything's fine and one meal isn't gonna hurt you!
  • cindyannrobinson
    Options
    We all slip up some times, Just get back on the right track today, and I think youll do fine. We all need to have a day of eat what ever we want, Just so we get back on track the next day. Good Luck
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie here, I recently found about this app yesterday night and I love it! But I'm worrying about something..yesterday before I found out about this app I was at my cousins house, apparently she ordered burger king.. I was really craving It so she ordered the chicken whooper meal large burger and I didn't know that..so I ate it all but my question is that did I gain weight from the meal yesterday? Thankssxxx add me!

So....you had the Chicken Whopper, huh? Tell me - where are you located? The middle east? Europe? I'm asking because the Chicken Whopper has been discontinued in the U.S., Turkey, New Zealand, Portugal, Italy and Spain it has been replaced by the TenderGrill Chicken Sandwich. And if you did happen to get your hands on one, don't sweat it, they're only 588 calories.
  • RogerLowen
    RogerLowen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Are you serious right now?? Get a grip and try to hold on to it!!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yup... you gained 20 pounds... and now you need to run 470 miles to burn it off...

SMFH
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    well if it affects you like a lot of people maybe you crapped it out by now and lost a lb

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

poop is funny
  • celb500
    celb500 Posts: 76
    Options
    you start to absorb the fat from fast food just 3 hours after eating it so yes you may have gained weight but it won't be enough to put you drastically off your target.
  • dominikaro
    Options
    On your profile you say that you're 20 yers old, but than you say that you don't control what you eat and on the photo you look like a skinny 14 years old girl...

What are you exactly doing on MFP, except for asking dumb questions?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    you start to absorb the fat from fast food just 3 hours after eating it so yes you may have gained weight but it won't be enough to put you drastically off your target.

How long does it take to absorb the fat from non-fast food?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    stormtrooper_toilet-249x300.jpg
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Bless your heart, at least you mean well.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    work your *kitten* off before you're next weigh day, you may be ok.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Actually, 93 pounds were gained overnight by consuming anything other than water.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    Don't worry about one meal, the sodium is the killer. and makes you put on water weight but it will be flushed out of your system by drinking water. It happens once in a blue moon. I do not know anything about a chicken whopper. Seeing that I have not eaten there in 2 years. I have one a block from my home . I do not like fast food.
  • QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    if u started yesterday, how about you give it at least a week to know what's going on with and within your body?? instead of opening yourself to these rude comments??????? and that is why there are scales; to determine weight gain and loss. Goodluck with your journey.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    This might be the dumbest question I have ever seen posted on MFP.

Does a one pound chicken whopper weigh more than a one pound beef whopper?
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't eat under 1200 calories you'll be fine. Exercise, but only in the gym, that's the only place it counts. Make sure you drink plenty of water, but not coffee, coffee is a diuretic. Maybe you should do a cleanse of some sort, that will fix you up.

Seriously a sad statement on humanity when someone has to ask this kind of question.
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is a good time to try science

Step 1. Weigh yourself and record in notebook
    Step 2. Eat burger king
    Step 3. Reweigh yourself and record in notebook

Draw conclusions

Conclusions based on changes in scale weight from one day to the next is a horrible idea.

*fail*

i think he was being facetious.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    This is a good time to try science

Step 1. Weigh yourself and record in notebook
    Step 2. Eat burger king
    Step 3. Reweigh yourself and record in notebook

Draw conclusions

should one log the exercise calories from drawing conclusions? is that in the database?

One MUST wear a lab coat while performing any scientific hypothesis work otherwise they are already wrong.