Do people really think eating clean/healthy is too boring?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

If you like doing any of the above things I mentioned with some disdain that's great for you. I find it boring because I like so many things that are not on the approved list.

Me too. Stuff i'm not giving up!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    And at least from the things I have said are not based on just my opinion, alot of the views I have on this subject I have researched and have talked to dieticians and doctors, and like I said, I live a pretty holistic lifestyle, so obviously my point of view and things I have found from holistic doctors may not be agreed upon by all. I choose to believe these dr.'s and nutritionist and the things I have learned make complete sense to me.

As a nutrition counselor, I would never outright recommend clean eating to anyone. I would certainly encourage it if a patient wished to try it . But I would make sure that they knew that they could be JUST as healthy and have just as much success on not such a restrictive diet and would probably find it easier to maintain.

Clean eating is great, and if it works for you, fantastic. But there are plenty of ways to keep yourself fit and give yourself the nutrients you need without it. I don't want people to be fooled into thinking clean eating is the best way because of the time, money, and potential deprivation involved. If that's not a concern for you, go for it!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Guys i wasnt trying to start a debate, just trying to see why people like this way of eating and why some choose not to, thats all. I have friends that eat heavily processed and alot of them tell me its because they dont know how to cook or just dont know what to do. I no way was i bashing people that dont so im sorry if some took the thread that way. I dont support those friends any less, and i can say at least for me i dont think i am superior to anyone, i have been dieting all my life and have found something that works great for me, and just wanted some opinions to why people choose this way. In every diet u are going to find people that think there way is the only way and we all know there isnt just one way. I hope that no one here takes things people say on the internet as the all mighty "God". You sift through the info and you find what is best for you, and i hope that everyone finds success no matter what they choose to do, whether to lose weight, get fit or just be healthy. No one is going to b perfect all the time, i like everyone can agree with that :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    The only reason I speak up in these threads is because when I was a newbie, I was confused and disappointed to see that healthy living/weight loss had so many rules. Threads like this were very discouraging to me, and I almost quit.

I speak up so other users will see my ticker, and realize they don't have to follow all these restrictive rules, or buy into the broscience. You can have really good success even if you don't get all restrictive and eat only "clean" food.

I am not being nasty, I am being factual. Just because those facts contradict your opinion, doesn't mean I was nasty.

Have a nice day. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

LUCKY!!! People like me hope to God you NEVER stop speaking up in this manner. Yeah...Im kind of new and struggling every day to improve my food choices and find the superior smug attitudes some have as very demeaning, demoralizing and scary. Its hard enough to make a huge change in your life without feeling that no matter what I do it isnt enough et al.

Apparently I dont eat as clean as I should according to others. I dont eat a lot of pre packaged foods, most of what we do eat is "fresh frozen"......we cook from scratch about 80% of the time...raw fruits and fresh or frozen vegies, lean meats etc. Granted Im not perfect but damn..........gimme a break, Im learning. Ive been making this change for just over 40 some days and am down just over 40 pounds. I do a simple workout each night, increasing it little by little, I feel better than I have in years, I breathe better, I move better ............now if I can get the whole sleep *kitten* down I'll have it made.

Any way....Lucky...you young Lady are a breath of fresh air!!! Please stand strong and continue to speak out for all us "new people"

sostrong.jpg

Glad you appreciated my post......I aim to be helpful.

(you called me a young lady! :blushing: Thank you!)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I have found that a lot of "clean" eaters here are smug and think they are superior.

Smug could describe all of the various 'nest' that are on MFP.

Say the words, "Gary Taubes" on any thread and see the show begin. LOL!

I am totally smug about heavy weight lifting. I'll admit it.