What does your SO (Signifigant Other) do to support you?

Options

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM, and my hubby takes the kids and lets me have time to myself at night, and on weekends. He buys all the healthy stuff I want/need. He tells me I'm beautiful, verbally affirms and compliments me in every way. He always tells me how proud he is of me, which means the world. And he lets me get away with a "cheat" meal once in awhile without making me feel bad.

p.s. This thread makes me very VERY happy after the last one (that I believe you're referring too)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    My BF is over 1,000 miles away so His Support comes in the Form of Conversation...

Always asking how My Workouts went... Helping to keep Me calm and sane before a weigh-in... Congratulating Me on a good loss or burn... Telling Me how proud of Me He is... All while adding, "...but regardless of calories burned or the number on Your Scale, I still Love You just the way You are..."

Yep... He's a definite Keeper...

: ))
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he was so proud of me for taking charge of my health and trying so hard to make better food choices for the whole family. He's always willing to try any new recipe that I make, and encourages the kids to try it as well. He takes care of settling the kids for bed so I can make time to get out and walk while there's still daylight.

But the best thing? When I asked him to not buy any chips or cookies that I like, he agreed. He only buys stuff that I can't stand. (Thankfully, we have different taste in junk food, and he doesn't eat a lot of it)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    By telling me I'm beautiful everyday .... :blushing:
    Nothing like a good ego-boost to get you through a tough workout. :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hubby has been very cool about me trying all kinds of new recipes too. The only thing he's absolutely hated (and I agreed) was fat free cheese. That stuff isn't allowed in our house! LOL!

He's always bragging about me to people when the come over. I barely have a chance to say hello and he's all "isn't she looking fantastic?". And although he's not on the boat with exercise, he's constantly encouraging me. I'll say something like "I'd like to go for a run but it's so hot out" and he'll say "why don't you go for a walk?". It's something I could've come up with myself but it's awesome to hear it from him and really motivates me to drop the excuses and get my rear moving. Oh and he totally appreciates the changes during fun time. :wink:
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    My husband is amazing. He works out with me when he's home, he buys dumbbells, gets grocieries, brings home new workout clothes, cheers me on when I've lost an ounce... there is so much he has done for me these past few months that I can't even begin to name them all. He never stopped loving me or loved me any less with the weight I put on which was huge. Part of my success so far has been because I was finally ready to take this on. If he had tried to push me into this before I was ready, bad things would have happened. My husband is amazing. Glad you posted this because it gives me a chance to put out there what an incredible person he is.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So far, he has told me that he's proud of me.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My SO is pretty wonderful!! He always tells me I'm gorgeous/sexy/beautiful or anything along those lines. He knows I'm a Dr. Pepperaholic and chocaholic so he pretty much keeps it out of the house for me (even during parties) unless I ask for it and then I get 1 20oz bottle from the gas station or 1 chocolate bar. He understands that I don't do well with being told I can't have something and he knows I do pretty good if I get my fix when I need it so he doesn't argue, he just gets up and goes to the gas station to get the 1 bottle of Dr. Pepper that I think I have to have that day. He entertains our nearly 2 year old when I go to workout classes (pole dance fitness right now) and he doesn't complain about having to fix them dinner. He is pretty great.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My fiance has accompanied me at the gym (and has even ventured there on his own time!). He always tells me I'm pretty/gorgeous/sexy, but still supports my lifestyle change. He even makes Skinnytaste recipes for me on my late nights at school/work. AMAZING. <3
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    He's not that supportive honestly. It makes me sad...
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend supports and encourages me on a daily basis. He even joined MFP and logs all of his calories to support me. And now that he knows how many calories are in the food he used to eat frequently (IE pizza), he is less inclined to bring home junk food or suggest it for going out.

He's a keeper!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    He's wonderful! He doesn't think it's annoying that I have to look everything up before I order at a restaurant (and will often text me during the day asking what I'm getting, because he knows I already looked at their menu and nutritional values). He encourages me going to the gym, and asks how my workouts were. He, himself, has started to be more dedicated to the gym, and lots of times will go with me! I drug him to check out a Crossfit gym with me last night, and even though he didn't want to do it, he did! And even though he struggled with it, he pressed on! AND, afterwards, he THANKED ME for making him go with me, and talked about proud he was of both of us :) He marvels at my ability to cook healthy, yummy things, and will often inquire about their calories and such. He even has started to look at more labels, himself!

MOST IMPORTANTLY, on the days I'm feeling awful about myself, he reminds me I'm beautiful, how much he loves me, and that it's okay to skip the gym one day or have a bowl of ice cream.

He's really the most perfect guy in the world ;)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I like this post!! :)

My boyfriend is incredible. He eats all the weird healthy things I cook (and cooks healthy meals for me too), he giggles and tells me I'm cute when I weigh EVERYTHING on my food scale before I eat it. He understands that my daily workout is really important to me and will get dinner ready, take the dog out, clean up, etc. while I do it (I do videos at home or run outside). He tells me all the time how beautiful I am, and he has done this at my heaviest too. He doesn't do anything to sabotage me, so if he wants to eat something bad he will do it at work so it won't tempt me. He doesn't judge me when I just need some ice cream! I am literally tearing up as I type this. How did I get so lucky? I should buy him a gift! haha :love:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Everything I have the greatest wife on Earth.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Mine is funny. Every night he looks at my dinner plate when I am sitting down to eat and asks, "Did you weigh that?"

Oh I love this!!! Mine says some funny things too... like "Did you eat all your calories today?" because I am always complaining about not getting all my calories in but hit my sodium and sugar goal. I think I'm brain washing him
  • GeekGirl23
    Options
    p.s. This thread makes me very VERY happy after the last one (that I believe you're referring too)

You are welcome... Positive!
  • GeekGirl23
    Options
    I like this post!! :)

My boyfriend is incredible. He eats all the weird healthy things I cook (and cooks healthy meals for me too), he giggles and tells me I'm cute when I weigh EVERYTHING on my food scale before I eat it. He understands that my daily workout is really important to me and will get dinner ready, take the dog out, clean up, etc. while I do it (I do videos at home or run outside). He tells me all the time how beautiful I am, and he has done this at my heaviest too. He doesn't do anything to sabotage me, so if he wants to eat something bad he will do it at work so it won't tempt me. He doesn't judge me when I just need some ice cream! I am literally tearing up as I type this. How did I get so lucky? I should buy him a gift! haha :love:

You are lucky! and so is he!
  • GeekGirl23
    Options
    He's not that supportive honestly. It makes me sad...

Well when you become your fabulous self that you want to be... he can either be supportive or you'll be hot and not care.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I get a bj for every pound lost.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My SO will stay home with my son and help him with homework and soccer practice so I can get a run in. He also will encourage me when I'm struggling to find the motivation to go.