Girls who are 5"8, be kind to read this post

Options

Replies

• lbastion222
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 60 years old. I wont tell you my weight but it has gone down in the past 2months. I used to maintain 150 with no problems, but now its harder because as you age your metabolisim goes down. I have knee priblems, witch makes it hard to do alot of cardio exercise but I love to walk. I would love to see 150 again. Am looking forward to it.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and this morning weighed in at 137.4. They say to estimate 5 lbs more per inch. Soooo, I'd say, for myself, I'm onnthe leaner side but toned (with some fat to lose on my thighs.)

Current bodyfat % is probably between 16-19%.

• Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 60 years old. I wont tell you my weight but it has gone down in the past 2months. I used to maintain 150 with no problems, but now its harder because as you age your metabolisim goes down. I have knee priblems, witch makes it hard to do alot of cardio exercise but I love to walk. I would love to see 150 again. Am looking forward to it.

I cant imagine how extra frustrating it most be for you dear :noway:

I believe in you and sincerely wish you get back to your desired weight, thank you for your feedback :flowerforyou:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    Hi There!
    I'm always interested in knowing what other girls my height aim for as a goal weight too :)
    I'm 5'9'' and currently 182lbs. My ultimate goal is 140lbs. I think weight is proportioned differently on every single individual because we're all so unique. What may look good on one person may look too thin/heavy for another. So it's always best to tweek the goal as you go along.

Yes you are right and I do tweak my goals to suit me :D but its good to have somethig to go by you know :bigsmile:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I am 5'9", so a little taller. I am 225lb, working to get down to 145-160. Then I will re-access how my body looks and set a new goal. wearing 16 jeans, hoping to at least get down to a 12 or maybe even out of double digits.

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm only 2cms shorter than you are - my GW *was* 134.5, it's now roughly 140lbs - I'm doing a mix of cardio, endurance, and strength training - and it's working!
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" - currently hovering around 148-150... working on getting that to 138-140....starting to think I need to let the scale "number" go and just work on losing body fat, gaining muscle and getting stronger.

Feel free to add me as well. :) Good luck on your journey.
  • francescadenneny
    Options
    My goal is 154, I'm currently 169 but I started at 202. My goal is not to be skinny, it's simply to be healthy. Good luck with reaching all your goals everyone!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 144 lbs and have no intention of losing anything lol. I am happy at my weight and with the way I look. I do HIIT workouts and lift a ton of weights :D
  • boobunnie72
    Options
    5'8'' here ~ started off at 269 ~ now I'm down to 215..goal is 170 =)
  • kimmers99
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 144 lbs and have no intention of losing anything lol. I am happy at my weight and with the way I look. I do HIIT workouts and lift a ton of weights :D

Sounds like me! I plan to get down to 145-147, have about 6 pounds to go. I like to work out and just want to look healthy and strong!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    hey :) i'm 5'8, last time i lost all my weight i got down to 10.7 stone, a UK size 12 which looked really good for my height. i didn't do any exercise though, this time i am...gota longgg way to go to reach that again though :blushing: best of luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 too, i started at 204 and i'm looking to get back into my pre pregnancy jeans. Last time they fit i was 130.
  • mcouturezz
    mcouturezz Posts: 145
    Options
    I am 5'9", so a little taller. I am 225lb, working to get down to 145-160. Then I will re-access how my body looks and set a new goal. wearing 16 jeans, hoping to at least get down to a 12 or maybe even out of double digits.

We're almost twins :) I'm 5'8'', started at 229 and goal is 160-170. I have quite a muscular body so it'll depend how I look at 170 to see if I still go down or not !
    I'm currently a size 16, hoping to go down to a comfortable size 12 :)
    It's when I hit size 18 I said OHH NOOO !!! And decided to take charge !
    Good luck to all in your successes and congratulations to all you beautiful lean ladies :D
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", weight 145lbs and have a current body fat% of 19-20%, wearing a size 6-10 depending on brand/label.

Last year I had knee surgery and then broke my collar bone playing with the kids. I became 'skinny fat' eating low calories because the lack of exercise to keep weight at maintenance (check out before and after photo in my profile)

I lift heavy weights 3x a week and cardio 2x, besides that I'm very active in general :) Firm believer in clean(er) eating, too.

Feel free to add me!!
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and at 218 right now! My highest weight was 300. I think my ultimate goal weight is from 180-160. Haven't fully decided yet!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 177. I started my journey at 225. My goal is 150. I already lowered it from 160, so who knows where I'll actually stop. It's more about how I feel. I'm really enjoying shopping in the misses section rather than the plus size section at the store. I have gone from a size 22 to currently a size 14. My knee and hip pain is pretty much gone, so I'm very happy with my progress. :happy:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    Hey, I'm only 2cms shorter than you are - my GW *was* 134.5, it's now roughly 140lbs - I'm doing a mix of cardio, endurance, and strength training - and it's working!

Wow thats fantastic :bigsmile:
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and current weigh 66kg. I'm starting to look slightly too thin.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8" - currently hovering around 148-150... working on getting that to 138-140....starting to think I need to let the scale "number" go and just work on losing body fat, gaining muscle and getting stronger.

Feel free to add me as well. :) Good luck on your journey.

That sound good, I wish you the best and thanks for the feedback :flowerforyou: