Girls who are 5"8, be kind to read this post

Options

Replies

• Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My goal is 154, I'm currently 169 but I started at 202. My goal is not to be skinny, it's simply to be healthy. Good luck with reaching all your goals everyone!

Thats the most important thing, to be at a healthy weight and 100% satisfied :bigsmile:

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and current weigh 66kg. I'm starting to look slightly too thin.

Too thin? Like losing curves and all that? Or are we talking about sickly thin? :O
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know you asked for 5'8" people but I am 5'7" and started in April with MFP and weighed 182lbs.. My goal is 160lbs. I have lost in inches and 12lbs lost for the past two weeks but I gained this week.. :sad:I am now 172.. I was wearing a 16-18 and the other day I went shopping for new pants since my old ones were falling off me. I went to a 12-14 .. 14 I am wearing 12 was alittle tight. I guess loosing inches is as good as looseing the weight right now..:love:
    You are welcome to add me if you wish to.. Love to be with you on your journey to loose weight..:drinker:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 144 lbs and have no intention of losing anything lol. I am happy at my weight and with the way I look. I do HIIT workouts and lift a ton of weights :D

Good for you, sounds like you got the best of both worlds then, amazing :bigsmile:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    5'8'' here ~ started off at 269 ~ now I'm down to 215..goal is 170 =)

That sounds like a good plan, all the best :flowerforyou:
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and started yesterday at 229lbs..... I also have a goal of losing 33lbs and getting back into UK size 14-16 jeans again!
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and current weigh 66kg. I'm starting to look slightly too thin.

Too thin? Like losing curves and all that? Or are we talking about sickly thin? :O

My curves are more defined but by collar bone, wrists and arms are starting to look bony. My face starts to look a bit drawn too.
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Did you say you wanted some perspective? Well here is my motherly perspective: Your body mass index is around 22, which is right in the healthy range of 19-25. Why don't you use the tools on this website to maintain a healthy body weight, and DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF. Then throw away all your women's magazines and stop watching tv shows that showcase women whose body weight is a full 23% lower than the healthy normal. And then (here's my prescription), practice the three A's... A for Attention... Listen to your body (really really listen). Get to know what it feels like to be hungry, what it feels like to be satisfied, and what it feels like to be overfull (then avoid the last one). Listen for fatigue and energy. Honour these states. A for appreciation... Practice honouring your body for all the wonderful things it can do, and the healthy pleasures it can give you. The feeling of smelling fresh air, the relief of collapsing into a comfortable bed, the ability to move, work, sing, dance. And the final A is acceptance. Work on health and accepting what is, instead of tormenting yourself over what is not. If you eat well and exercise, the weight loss (where needed) will take care of itself.

So there. Be well.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know you asked for 5'8" people but I am 5'7" and started in April with MFP and weighed 182lbs.. My goal is 160lbs. I have lost in inches and 12lbs lost for the past two weeks but I gained this week.. :sad:I am now 172.. I was wearing a 16-18 and the other day I went shopping for new pants since my old ones were falling off me. I went to a 12-14 .. 14 I am wearing 12 was alittle tight. I guess loosing inches is as good as looseing the weight right now..:love:
    You are welcome to add me if you wish to.. Love to be with you on your journey to loose weight..:drinker:

Thank you for the feedback :flowerforyou:

It is true, that losing inces becomes more important, if not more important than the number on the scale.
    My approach is to combine those two so I can make the best of my weightlossjourney and my body :bigsmile:
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I am 5"8". I currently weigh 167.2 lbs and my goal is 150. You can add me if you would like to.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 177. I started my journey at 225. My goal is 150. I already lowered it from 160, so who knows where I'll actually stop. It's more about how I feel. I'm really enjoying shopping in the misses section rather than the plus size section at the store. I have gone from a size 22 to currently a size 14. My knee and hip pain is pretty much gone, so I'm very happy with my progress. :happy:

Wow thats amazing :D well done so far, and thank you for feeback :flowerforyou:
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8", the goal I set for myself when starting in February 2012 was 150. I started at 239 and as of this morning am at 176. According to my doctor, I should aim for approx. 23% body fat which based on my lean muscle mass and skeletal mass would put me at 155. However, I have weighed 150 in the past and still felt a little "chubby." So, we shall see. Also, he mentioned that if women drop below 23% body fat, their weight becomes very difficult to maintain and often requires excessive time spent in the gym. Which I definitely do not have to spare with 3 kids...
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to say. I am 5'8" and looked and felt great at anywhere between 140-150. Medium frame. Now I am much heavier and am working on health and acceptance. Hard stuff, but worth it. MFP has helped me cut my calories by at least half, AND I never let myself go hungry or feel deprived.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    5"8.5" curvy, buxom, large frame
    Started wearing a size 20 (and around 250), now in a size 14/16... goal 12/14. No longer weighing myself. Going by measurements, how I feel, and progress pictures.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    hey :) i'm 5'8, last time i lost all my weight i got down to 10.7 stone, a UK size 12 which looked really good for my height. i didn't do any exercise though, this time i am...gota longgg way to go to reach that again though :blushing: best of luck with your journey :flowerforyou:

Thank you and likewise :flowerforyou:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8 too, i started at 204 and i'm looking to get back into my pre pregnancy jeans. Last time they fit i was 130.

All the best to you :flowerforyou:

You go girl!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am 5'8", 164lbs, and 32% body fat. I am anywhere from an 8-12 in sizes (US) but usually a 10. My goal is based on body fat %, which I would like between 21-24% (or lower!). I'm not sure where that will put me with weight. Achieving this through a combo of strength training and cardio. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (1 day left!!), then starting her Ripped in 30 DVD, then P90X on October 1st. Hopefully after P90X I'll be at/near goal. I eat around 1400-1500 cals a day.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I am 5'9", so a little taller. I am 225lb, working to get down to 145-160. Then I will re-access how my body looks and set a new goal. wearing 16 jeans, hoping to at least get down to a 12 or maybe even out of double digits.

We're almost twins :) I'm 5'8'', started at 229 and goal is 160-170. I have quite a muscular body so it'll depend how I look at 170 to see if I still go down or not !
    I'm currently a size 16, hoping to go down to a comfortable size 12 :)
    It's when I hit size 18 I said OHH NOOO !!! And decided to take charge !
    Good luck to all in your successes and congratulations to all you beautiful lean ladies :D

Haha I know what you mean, I had an "oh no way" moment too before my weightlossjourney last year and thats were it hits you that something has to be done about it :bigsmile:

All the best to you too :flowerforyou:
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and a half and weigh 195. Goal is 140.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8", weight 145lbs and have a current body fat% of 19-20%, wearing a size 6-10 depending on brand/label.

Last year I had knee surgery and then broke my collar bone playing with the kids. I became 'skinny fat' eating low calories because the lack of exercise to keep weight at maintenance (check out before and after photo in my profile)

I lift heavy weights 3x a week and cardio 2x, besides that I'm very active in general :) Firm believer in clean(er) eating, too.

Feel free to add me!!

Wow, well done you :bigsmile: sad to hear about the surgery though :(