200+ group (week7)

Options
Hey Hey Hey!!
I'm so happy it is friday, my weight will be posted this afternoon! I'm gonna be home this whole weekend so in a way i feel like it's a test to see how much I'll eat...........hopefully i get and A lol:drinker:

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'll be home all weekend too, My daughters 1st Birthday is Sunday, and her party is saturday.. BUt I'm not having an outrageous menu, just simple things that I (better) knoiw better than to snack on. I am down to 231.4 this week.. puts a smile on my face!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Congrats Nikki on the weight loss.

I am happy with this weeks weigh-in. I am down 2 pounds to 215 YEAH!!!! Twirl, Spin, Happy Dance (oh, those may be left over from yesterday's shopping spree...

The snow is finally here - we have 2 inches on the ground and more forecast for the weekend. My husband works an hour away and the town is supposed to get over 12 inches of lake effect snow from last night to tomorrow morning. EEEKS.

I am off to get ready for work.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pin..!! Yay for the S word..(S_N_O_W) its like a swear word around here, we all hate snow, but I totally want snow for my kids Christmas!!lol! Congrats on your weightloss also!!! (sorry, the snow got me excited!)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I was 244.8 yesterday. Even with zumba and staying within my calories yesterday, the scale said 245.8 today. :huh: Probably went over on my sodium. I logged my breakfast, lunch and snacks yesterday....I still had like 500 calories available and then I burned another 970 in my so called "zumba" class. I didn't log it all, but I looked at the calories in the food I had yesterday at home and I know I didn't go over 1470 cals....so yeah...probably the sodium.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :love: GIRLS!!! YAY! I am so happy for all your weight loss!! I am weighing in at 234.6!!!!!! WOOT! :love: :drinker:

Blombie don't you wish there was some kind of built in meter that we all had, I dunno, on our arm or something that could explain exactly what it was that caused this or that weeks gain?? I could do with a marquee across my tummy that gets smaller as I do and disappears when I am at the ideal healthy weight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am proud of you for the massive calorie burn though! You rock!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Pinobot. .. I didn't get my jumping jacks in yesterday.:ohwell: I am having trouble with my left leg and last night I was in so much pain that I didnt do much of anything!:sad: I am gonna do my 125 tonight, granted the pain is less! No excuses here though. I was bad. I know!:laugh:
    Congrats on doing yours though! And I am really glad that it is easier now!:heart:

So I have to ask, what is "Zumba" ?:huh:

SNOW??? :noway: :noway: I wish! I am in sunny FL and I just get cold. I have only seen a dusting of snow twice in my life, but never full out snow you can play in. I hope I do one day. I am tired of the Hot Sticky weather, or in the winter the Warm Sticky weather. :tongue:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    So I have to ask, what is "Zumba" ?:huh:

zumba is a latin dance aerobics class...you can look it up on youtube to see an example of it. I was disappointed last night because we had a different instructor and she turned it into a hip hop/aerobics class instead of zumba.
  • Jitteryspork
    Options

zumba is a latin dance aerobics class...you can look it up on youtube to see an example of it. I was disappointed last night because we had a different instructor and she turned it into a hip hop/aerobics class instead of zumba.

That really stinks. I am gonna check this out and maybe I can do my own classes at home with myself.. :) Probably not.. but I can definately try!
    Thanks!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss gals!! I'm 220.2 this morning. Stayed even from last week. By some miracle, over the last day, whatever was holding on that pound or two came off... and I didn't even go to the rec center. I'll take it!

Still feeling crappy today. Stayed home from work. It's almost 1pm and I just dragged my tush out of bed. I think this weekend should be okay. My goal is to get to the rec center both days if I don't do something today (which seems unlikely at this point).

pinbot, yay for snow! I'm too far south in Michigan to get anything so far, but I'm sure it'll arrive sooner than later. At least the perpetual cloud that seems to sit over Ann Arbor in winter hasn't settled in yet. It's surprisingly sunny for winter here at the moment. I think it's great that you have a goal to do the Detroit half-marathon. That would be a great goal for me. I find it unlikely, as I haven't stepped foot on a treadmill yet to be up for it this October, but perhaps the next one!

my rec center has a zumba class, I need to do a drop in one day and see how I like it. I need to mix some classes in with just doing cardio.
  • Jitteryspork
    Options
    Today has been so miserable outside. There was a clap of thunder heard across the state I bet, then it just poured. Now its been drizzling since. Its cold and wet. Yuck. Perfect sleeping weather though.. not go to want to sleep at work!!! I think I am heading to the gym today! I am gonna jump on that elliptical and show it who's who.. gracefully of course.. :tongue:

I am so excited about my weight loss this week. It has just motivated me more!!!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Nice job with the weight loss girls!! I'm jealous! My weigh in today is 215, so I didn't gain, but I haven't lost either this week....POO!!
    Sometimes I wonder if my scale is crazy, because I weighed at 215 after peeing this morning when I first got up, and then I worked out, burned 400 calories....got back on and it was at 217. Seriously? Crazy scale. Of course, Im going with my original number....lol
    JItteryspork........where are you from? I remember days with thunder like that when we were living in Arkansas. I miss it. I absolutely love rain, thunder, lightening....all that jazz.
    I need to lose some weight soon girls. It might sound shallow, but my husbands christmas party is on the 18th, and I don't want everyone to think he has a fatty fatty boom boom wife. UGH!! Slow and steady wins the race right?
    have a great weekend to all!!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    HOLY WEBSITE BATMAN!!
    I found this in another forum, but wanted to share it here in case any of you missed it. This website lists healthy food choices at restaurants in your zip code. It's friggin awesome!!

http://healthydiningfinder.com
  • Jitteryspork
    Options
    cds- You are hilarious.. I just fell in love with the term "fatty fatty boom boom"

I am from Florida. I don't mind the weather but when you are an office all the time by yourself the dark and stormy makes you sleepy and at that point when you cant enjoy it.. It's miserable... :) I got to play in it later though cause I needed to put air in my tires!

Needless to say they put all the air machines under large swaying trees.

Had more eggplant moon fries!! Fabulous! One of my new favorite foods. Great site cds Thanks!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Went to the rec center after three days off. Whew. Felt better after going and hope to go tomorrow again. And, I'm in the 210's finally. With my weigh gain/loss, I've tended to hover around the same 5ish pounds. It's been a few years since I've been this low. Long way to go, but am making progress, as we all are! Plus, I noticed as I just sit down at my desk, my stomach roll, which I affectionately call my "souffle" has decreased in size. Must be where the weight is coming off at currently.
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I need to lose some weight soon girls. It might sound shallow, but my husbands christmas party is on the 18th, and I don't want everyone to think he has a fatty fatty boom boom wife. UGH!! Slow and steady wins the race right?
    have a great weekend to all!!

ha ha ha, I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you, but the expression "fatty fatty boom boom wife" made me laugh. That's just how I feel sometimes. We're going to a Christmas party tonight, and I'm just trying to think of which outfit is the least fatty fatty boom boom to wear.

Oh, and my update - didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain any either. Congrats on everyone who lost, and you know what? Congrats to all of us who stayed the same too, darn it!

And while I'm at it, congrats to anyone who found out that they gained, because you know what? It takes a lot of strenght of character to stay with it and to come in a post. Keep at it!

We ALL deserve hugs & congrats, so there!
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    221 better than nothing i'll take it
  • HeaterM
    Options
    last night was so horrible i had my neice and she would not stop crying ......i do Not know how you moms do it 24-7.........wow just congrats lol
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    last night was so horrible i had my neice and she would not stop crying ......i do Not know how you moms do it 24-7.........wow just congrats lol

Yikes! How old is your niece? It must be hard on moms who have babies who cry a lot or have colic. I was so lucky - my daughter didn't cry a lot, and when she did, it was usually about something we could solve quickly, like feeding or a nap.

One time I watched my friend's little boys - the oldest was 3, my daughter's age at the time, so they played together, which was nice. But the younger was just a baby. He cried & cried. I tried everything - made sure he wasn't hungry, wasn't soaking in poo, nothing was pinching him, etc. etc. etc. The only time he wasn't crying was when I held him and literally bobbed up and down. I had to stand up for this - there was no sitting. If I just stood or walked around, he cried. But if I bobbed up & down, he was happy.

I had one of those strap to your front cloth carriers - good lord, it's been so long I've forgotten what they're called - baby rides around strapped tightly to the front of your torso, you can turn him either way. I put him right next to me, turned around so he coudl face the world & see what his big brother was up to. And then I began to bob up and down. Up and down, up and down, up and down.

My legs got so tired I had to stop, and then he began to howl. So, back at it - up and down, up and down, oh my God, you can't imagine how relieved I was when their parents showed up!!!!!!!!

The next day my legs were killing me. But I bet I must have bobbed off 1,000 calories that night!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    The next day my legs were killing me. But I bet I must have bobbed off 1,000 calories that night!

how would one log "bobbing" in for exercise on this? heh.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hope everyone's had a great weekend. Congratulations to all who lost weight or maintained. I have been doing the jumping jacks (150 Friday and 175 Saturday). I plan to try 200 today. They are definitely getting easier - I am up to sets of 30 with less rests. Unfortunately, its been my only "exercise" the last 2 days. I seemed to be in a funk and tired from the shopping. I had to work yesterday to make up for taking Thursday off. I did manage to get all the packages wrapped and under the tree.

I am going to make up for the exercise today. When I log off, I am going to put my new running shoes to the test on the treadmill. I hope to try week 2 again for C25K training. At 2pm, I have a snow shoeing date at my mothers. We got 3 inches yesterday and about 6 last night. The world does look beautiful.

Heather - I forgot to respond to a comment you had on crunches last week. Crunches do work your abdominal muscles more than regular sit-ups because most of us have Abs that are to weak to bring us up - your hip flexor muscles kick in during full sit-up to make up for the weak abs. To fully work your abdominal muscles, I recommend you also do reverse crunches (bring knees up toward chest while on your back), diagonal crunches (take elbow toward the opposite knee), and LE bicycling (on your back with hips and knees bent in air, lower legs one at a time like pedaling a bicycle).. Don't forget to flip over and do Superman raises (lift arms and feet at same time) to strengthen your back muscles. Good luck.
  • HeaterM
    Options

Yikes! How old is your niece? It must be hard on moms who have babies who cry a lot or have colic. I was so lucky - my daughter didn't cry a lot, and when she did, it was usually about something we could solve quickly, like feeding or a nap.

she's about six months old