ALCOHOL

Options
124»

Replies

• murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just asked my friend if it was wrong that I saved snack calories for wine! It was a rough day!!
  • jaybird951
    jaybird951 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    cheers! Drink up!
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to limit my consumption to the wekends. i'm a wino. i have no problem putting away a bottle a night, and at 1000 cals a bottle, that can't be helpful to my weight loss goals. it's tough though.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I loved booze so much it was killing me. So I quit!:smile:
  • mitsi94
    mitsi94 Posts: 64
    Options
    Oh, I also love beer! I live near Portland, OR where we have some of the best craft beers around! And all VERY available!

Since craft beers can be 200 cals a pint or more, I definitely don't indulge as much as I used to. But when I know I am going out with friends or to a work event, I just budget the calories in for the day, and have an extra good work out that day to make extra room for the beer.

And, I've always been a whiskey girl, so I have switched to mostly drinking whiskey & water. Then I add some Crystal Light Pure to the glass to make it fruity. I used to drink whiskey & diet coke, but I gave up caffeine and artificial sweeteners earlier this year, so I had to find another way to like my whiskey.

Either way, I eat a little lower calorie on the days I know I am going to drink some calories later.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I did really well this past year, and then I moved and ended up with a part time job at a liquor store xD I get an employee discount, and we're having a CRAZY sale on wine right now. Plus it's so damn hard to recommend wines to people when you've only had like... six of the ones we carry. I feel almost obligated to try it all. They also carry my favorite beer, which is really hard to find.

I try to keep it in moderation, but I really like wine, I can't help it.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yesssss

Nothing is better than an ice cold 40oz.
    And I enjoyed one a little too many this summer.
    I just recently completely cut them out of diet because I had gained a lot weight from drinking too much hahaa

But, maybe every once in awhile I'll treat myself ;D
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    For marathon training, I decided to try and abstain from alcohol in my diet.

Fast forward 14 weeks later and 25 lbs lighter and I had some IPAs at a friend's birthday party. Oh my... I have never experienced a headache that stuck around for 24 hours like that sucker did...
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!! 25years this month :)
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I don't drink..... but there is this awesome little alarm on my phone that goes off @ twenty minutes after four :smokin:
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I love beer! :love: Especially pumpkin.

I try to work out hard and only limit it to one or two.

Some really awesome pumpkin beers out there. Pumking from Southern Tier Brewery is delicious!