1 Year Transformation -50lbs w/ pics

Options
One year ago I was 210+ lbs and growing. When I saw some pictures from a wedding I was at I was very upset at how overweight I had let myself get.

Here is one of the pics from the wedding.
Weddingpics2.jpg

I told my wife to sign us up for the gym. Spent a couple days with a personal trainer but was not really happy with the program he put me on so I started trying to learn everything I could about weight loss, body building, nutrition and so on. The amount of terrible information out there is overwhelming but eventually I found what worked for me and that I could stick with for the rest of my life.

At first I just worked out hard and didnt worry about diet and I did see some results. Most beginners will see results no matter what they do. : ) But the weight loss slowed way down and I started MFP to start counting calories. I didnt start any particular diet or cut anything out. I just reduced overall calories and learned to fit fast food and junk food into my daily calories. Plenty of cheat days were thrown in but I tried to keep them to a minimum. My goal from the beginning was to lose 1 pound per week and maintain as much muscle mass as possible. The last bit of weight did take much longer though. But even with the slow down at the end I was still able to meet my weight loss goal of 50lbs in one year. Not a record but I think I was able to keep the vast majority of my muscles and may have even added a little in some places.

I lift weights 3-4 days per week. I try to keep the lifting under 60 minutes and add 10-30 minutes of cardio. The rest of the days of the week I just rest to recover and repair.

transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

P1030279800x572640x458400x286.jpg

Replies

• bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You have worked so hard for this and deserve those muscles. Time for a name change I think!!
  • pennstatealum2000
    pennstatealum2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow,incredible transformation! Nice work!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work!

Definitely better to learn the information yourself and custom tailor your own individual plan. MUCH easier to follow and keep lifelong than a plan some stranger tells you to follow at the gym!

Congratulations! Can't wait till I get more body fat down to start lifting heavier!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation - it looks like you have lost a lost more than that. Well done you!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    holy........homina homina! yes, you did get muscles!!!
  • sgaindx
    sgaindx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WoW! Great job!
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    True success story! Awesome results from some incredibly hard work - inspiring!!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!!! Love to hear slow and steady with a little patience...GOOD STUFF!
  • ogriffix
    ogriffix Posts: 42
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look great!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    WOW! amazing results. great job
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Holy cow! I am down 55 pounds taking over ten months and my progress is nowhere near yours! Great job!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    "mustgetmuscles" I'd say you've definately done that! Great job:)
  • marthathebear
    Options
    As a happily married old lady let me just say, " WOW, you are awesome!"
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You are some of the proof that this s**t works:drinker:
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow, What a transformation! Well done !!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Wow. Nice work man!!
  • Confident120409
    Confident120409 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go you look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!