For Those Who Believe in Heaven...

Replies

• Um... maybe it's my fault... is there an emoticon for :tongue-firmly-placed-in-cheek: ??

Maybe you can create one out of this picture:

main1.jpg
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Um... maybe it's my fault... is there an emoticon for :tongue-firmly-placed-in-cheek: ??

:tongue:
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    For the sake of full disclosure, my perspective comes from the Christian Bible and I believe it.
    Do you believe that all of your relatives and loved ones that have passed are there watching over you?
    No. I believe they are otherwise engaged in the business of heaven. They are with the Jesus Christ. He is a lot more compelling and impressive than me.
    And if they are, are they ALWAYS watching you? Like, do they "come down" and are "with" you at all times... guiding you throughout your day and throughout your life?
    Should it suit Christ's will and purpose, then yes they can come down for his business. Samuel came back to chastise Saul. Elijah and Moses stood with Christ at the transfiguration account.
    And if they do... are you the only one they watch over? Or do they have a full dance card and must "schedule" time with you?
    Watching over you is really the role of the God who is omnipresent. His calendar is always open. That he takes an interest in any of us is amazing to me.
    Or... do they just watch... like on television? Do they have several channels that they "subscribe to" to keep tabs on their living folks? And what if it's for someone that wasn't family or a close friend... just someone they had a crush on or just really liked... or maybe someone you just know is gonna be drama, so they'll always have interesting stuff going on... would that be a "premium" channel that they would have to request permission to have? You think, even in heaven, they're flipping through channels thinking, "All these channels and there's never anything interesting to watch..."
    I don't know regarding this. Honestly, I don't imagine that they would even care. In the context of eternity and God's kingdom, it is of no significance. The focus is on the king of the kingdom.

There are many viewpoints. If you have more questions regarding this one, feel free to message me.
  • gallery_298_17_4640.jpg
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    gallery_298_17_4640.jpg

Aren't you cute. :smile:

Enjoy your thread. Again, if you have a question feel free to message me.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    I don't believe they are watching over me. The Bible says that in Heaven there will be no sadness or sorrow. Therefore, how can one not experience sadness or sorrow if they are watching their loved ones that are still alive, experiencing pain, suffering, turmoil and death.
  • I believe in dinosaurs, evolution, and free speech.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    My aunt lives in Arcadia, IN. I believe in her.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    I like to think they check in from time to time. Maybe visit sometimes? I know I've seen and felt things before so that's why I believe, call me crazy, I don't care, I know what I saw =)
  • All I know about heaven is what they say about heaven, and they say in heaven love comes first. Let's make heaven a place on earth.

Thanks - now I got that song stuck in my head!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    My aunt lives in Arcadia, IN. I believe in her.

I literally guffawed. My fiance was like tha ****? haha
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Doubt it - but God's the one who is ultimately watching over us at all times. [:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I believe that Heaven is a place where you can eat back your exercise calories.
  • I don't think they watch us. They're in heaven, after all. They're with God in a place of no pain or suffering. I just see them worshiping God and experiencing what real love/joy/peace ect. is really like.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    If there is an after life of some kind, I hope dead people there have better things to do than watch me poop and post messages to MFP boards. How boring.
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    I believe that Heaven is a place where you can eat back your exercise calories.

Amen.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    I'd like to think they are watching, but from my understanding the concept of time doesn't really exist there, so when it's my turn and I see my mom again it'll be like a blink of an eye to her.

This^^

I can't wait to get there and see my mom again.

Today is actually my Mom's birthday. My Mom died in 1995 when she was only 53 years old.

One of the reasons I am trying to get my life in order is so my kids will have me around for along time.

I don't want my kids to suffer like I have for the past 17 years of not having my mom around.
  • If there is an after life of some kind, I hope dead people there have better things to do than watch me poop and post messages to MFP boards. How boring.

That's what the premium channels are for!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Rufus: You know what the dead do with most of their time? Watch the living. Especially in the shower.
    Jay: I can't wait to die.
  • It may seem sad, but why would someone in the presence of God want to be watching over this hell hole.... I actually think, if we do go somewhere like heaven or hell, we forget everything of "earth", and that is why I see Heaven as something magnificent. No burdens, no worries, no troubles. Hell on the other hand... I kinda think we are there right now, and if we die and are banished into hell, we come back to Earth. Hahaha, Sorry if that is dark. It's just how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and I'm not saying that I rather be dead, but, if you think about it, people here on Earth feel pain almost constantly. Whether it be mentally, physically, or emotionally. Plus, we are surrounded by sin.