For Those Who Believe in Heaven...

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Go get your bible, Hebrews Chapter 12 vs. 1
    "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses..."
    Then in Revelation 6 vs 9-10, it seems to indicate that people seem to have some awareness of what is happening here.

You need a context for your thinking, a framework of knowlege to build on!
    You have good questions, but I am finding it hard to answer, 'cause you are sorta all over the place.

Read your bible, beginning at the beginning! You could also read in the New Testament at the same time, if you like. So you could read 2-3 chapters per day in the Old Testament, and 2-3 chapters per day in the New.

The most important Person that is watching is God!
    And a most important question to ask yourself is, are you confident of where YOU will go when you die?
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    If your loved ones accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior by believing that Jesus died on the cross for thier sin. they are in heaven. all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. we are all sinners in need of a savior if you believe that then ask Jesus into your heart and he will save you from hell and you and anyone else who does the same will be in heaven forever.
    that said i believe that they can see you sometimes. i believe that they know what's going on in your life, i don't think they can help you however. Only God can answer prayers and has the ability to help you with any problems or questions you have. I hope this helps. :)

^ This is what I personally believe but I'm completing accepting of others' beliefs as well
  • Josette89
    Options
    I believe that Heaven is a place where you can eat back your exercise calories.

Amen.

Haha, I second this^^^
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think they are watching, but from my understanding the concept of time doesn't really exist there, so when it's my turn and I see my mom again it'll be like a blink of an eye to her.

This^^

I can't wait to get there and see my mom again.

Today is actually my Mom's birthday. My Mom died in 1995 when she was only 53 years old.

One of the reasons I am trying to get my life in order is so my kids will have me around for along time.

I don't want my kids to suffer like I have for the past 17 years of not having my mom around.

Same here! My mom has been having a lot of medical issues and she's not taking care of herself. The main problem though, no fault of her own. But the type 2 diabetes and COPD, entirely her fault. And she continues to smoke. Sigh. I don't want to be that mother, I love my mom to death, but that does not mean I agree with her choices.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Technically, we are confined by time - we have a beginning and an end. Most religions believe all time has a start and finish. Therefore an afterlife is outside of time. Time doesn't exist after death. That means, in theory, people who are dead can see the full time continuum. That means if they want to watch us they can. Since they are not bound by time, they can leave and live a lifetime, then come back to this moment to be here when we might need their assistance - or whatever they do.
  • mrsimon302
    mrsimon302 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses..."
    Then in Revelation 6 vs 9-10, it seems to indicate that people seem to have some awareness of what is happening here.

You have good questions, but I am finding it hard to answer, 'cause you are sorta all over the place.

Read your bible, beginning at the beginning! You could also read in the New Testament at the same time, if you like. So you could read 2-3 chapters per day in the Old Testament, and 2-3 chapters per day in the New.

And a most important question to ask yourself is, are you confident of where YOU will go when you die?

when i die, the only place i'm going is 6' deep..
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Some go to heaven and and look down upon you to watch you *kitten*.

Others who believe that life and death is circular are reborn (into ceiling cat who watches you *kitten*.)

Bunch of pervs.

The dead relatives, too.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Others who believe that life and death is circular are reborn (into ceiling cat who watches you *kitten*.)

Bunch of pervs.

The dead relatives, too.
    I always felt Santa was kind of creepy too.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I believe in dinosaurs, evolution, and free speech.

I believe in God, dinosaurs, evolution, and free speech. :) I'm not very religious, and I do not attend church, but I do believe in a loving God, Jesus, and Heaven. Yes, I think family members can watch over you. No, I don't think they're watching all the time.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Bunch of pervs.

The dead relatives, too.

You know who else made lists?
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I believe in heaven and believe that the bible is true. In the story of the lost sheep ( Luke 15) Jesus says that there will be rejoicing in the presence of the angels when a sinner repents. From that, It seems to me that the angels are at minimum aware of events on earth that are pleasing to God.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I believe that Heaven is a place where you can eat back your exercise calories.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nice reply.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Bunch of pervs.

The dead relatives, too.

You know who else made lists?
    the gestapo?
  • MinMin97
    Options

Well, if you don't think you are going anyplace (like HEAVEN)
    Then...where did you come from?
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Uterus_Plush_Toy.jpg
  • MinMin97
    Options

Uterus_Plush_Toy.jpg
    ^^^^^Where did that come from?
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Uterus_Plush_Toy.jpg
    ^^^^^Where did that come from?

Cells and atoms (help me out here biology nerds :wink: )
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Cute pic...lol
    Where did the cells and atoms come from?
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You gonna weigh-in, OP?