*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in September *

Options
*** The Runners' Team * September * 50+ and 100+ Miles Challenge *
Hi Runner's Team (and newbies) - September is here (or almost here), and who is in for September?

50 miles goal (minimum running mileage for our group), OR a loftier 100 miles OR even more :D

80 runners can join for efficient mileage keeping.

*** Checking-in/Joining:
To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check-in periodically, reporting your total running mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up!

Example Check-in report throughout the month (note reporting total mileage of the month is the most important statistics for the spreadsheet):

"I ran 5 miles today, I have run a total of 57 miles for the month! (:"

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Running Mileage:
We only count *running* mileage. Some of use count mileage that is equivalent to running as "running mileage" such as the mileage on the ARC trainer or from an elliptical.

*** Where to post:
In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/725295--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-september
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (join group first)

*** When and Frequency:
We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on spreadsheet). So it would be good to get updates
- at least once weekly on or before Sunday (in either A or B or both).

Feel free to update us more because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - and your updates help us keep inspired too.

*** Spreadsheet:
We will check point your progress within this thread and the group threads with the spreadsheet snapshot below that refreshes as the month progresses. Since the image changes you need to make sure you refresh your browser to ensure you have the latest retrieved cached copy.

*** Hall of Fame :
Here you can find your results from previous months.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411286-hall-of-fame

*** Current: September Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
2012-September-Check.PNG
2012-Legend.PNG
2012-Sep-Trophy-275.PNG

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 50 miles!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Count me in for 100 miles please! Thanks again :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Here we go!

:happy:
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Another month, another goal. Anyone have tips for keeping a decent number go miles going past December in New England? This will be my second Boston winter. I did fine last winter, but by all accounts that was a joke, so I want to have plan for this one. I'll probably do a round of Insanity, but I want to keep my feet fleet too.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a 120 please!
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Count me in for 100 :)
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna shoot for 250 this month. Have I said lately how amazing you are for organizing this whole thing? You really are!
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna shoot for 250 this month. Have I said lately how amazing you are for organizing this whole thing? You really are!

Standing ovation for Cooriander. :flowerforyou:
  • pjcapps
    pjcapps Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in for September at 50 miles
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Backing off a little as I'll be through my half marathon plan (one week from right now, I'll be running in my first HM!!!) and I want to shift more of my exercise time back to taekwondo.

But, not going to slack off too much as I have another half in November.

Put me down for 93 miles for September. I want to eventually maintain a consistent average of 5K a day... that's going to be the overall running goal for 2013, so I'll try it on for September.

Thanks,

Ted
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hey cooriander, can you bump me up to 100? Thanks!
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up again! 50 miles this month.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! Lets do this! awesome spreadsheet and here we are in Sept!!!! Gonna try to kill it this weekend only two days to log right ?
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    2 miles in this am!!!

2/50.
  • Collinsclan22
    Options
    9/1 - 3.25mi

WTD - 3.25
    MTD - 3.25

Here goes....
  • mhaugan
    Options
    In for 100. Running after lunch.
  • 2Grtkids
    Options
    I'm in for 60 this month. Thank you for your efforts!!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    KravMark said:

YEAH!!! Lets do this! awesome spreadsheet and here we are in Sept!!!! Gonna try to kill it this weekend only two days to log right ?

thanks (: and thanks all for the thanks :blushing:

Regarding the week, yes it is only for the two days (not really a week, but "2 days" works for recording on the spreadsheet).
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Check :tongue: