Food diaries .. are you surprised sometimes?

Options

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by my own food diary, constantly. 9 times out of ten, I don't consume all the calories allotted per day. That said, I'm usually over on my protein grams.
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It is very hard for some people to transition to eating healthy from eating so bad. In the beginning I think it is kind of smart to keep eating what you were...just less of it. It will help with the life change part not just a diet. I think, person should start introducing healthy food and eventually it will turn into everything you eat is healthy. That is just my opinion. It took me a long time to think healthy food was tasty. Maybe just try to give them some suggestions of what you did to make the transition. :) It is hard...if it were easy everyone would be healthy :) Sorry you are PMSing...it really sucks. Hope you feel better! :)

I think you are absolutely right it takes a while to learn new healthy eating habits especially when I have spent years pouring junk into my body.
  • Jeffsimpson
    Options
    I don't look at other people's logs unless I am asked to. It is none of my business.

Thank you!! Seriously.... it's like "Wow, don't you hate how other people have faults and ask questions.... the nerve of those imperfect people!!".

Anywho...
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Except I will be having dinner. I hate skipping dinner!

:laugh: :laugh:

Hello Amy! :wink: :heart:

I am a fine one to talk.. I ate Rolos and have my eye on a nice Merlot soon! :drinker:

^^^^ I'm there with you on that. LOL. I'm a binge junk eater....
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    People who don't like those empty diary days when you see a restaurant meal would hate mine from yesterday. I knew I was going out with a friend, so I had a light breakfast. We had lunch, dessert, and lattes after. Not only did I not have calories left, I had no want/desire or need for dinner or snacks. The food I had while out and about kept me full. I don't want to eat that way every day, but it's no big deal to do that some of the time. Seems silly to eat dinner when I don't need it for hunger or energy just because that's what I usually do.
  • Snuffle0107
    Options
    Wow such busy bodies! I am glad I don't have to bother with logging, if I did this would be the perfect reason to keep it private.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I really try not to judge because I was such a craptastic eater for many, many years. Kudos to them for even being here and logging as most people don't do that. I eat what's right for me and if someone has a problem with it....then don't read my diary! Plain and simple.
  • shortnerdy
    Options
    I agree don't worry about the PMS happens to all us gals and binging sometimes comes with the *****ing :P

It bugs me too then when you point it out they see nothing wrong with it, My sister (not on here but reads my food diary when shes bored) Keeps asking me how I manage to keep losing weight when I'm eating ice cream and cheeseies. In my mind it's ok to have some everyday but PORTION IT!! Most ice cream is only a half up and most people eat more then triple that.

Treats and junk in moderation as long as you stick to your calories, portion it and don't go bonkers :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    And this is why my diary is private. I don't eat a bunch of junk, but I don't like the idea of people looking at my food choices and judging me. I try not to do it to others, either. Technically, you can eat what you like as long as you're within your calorie limit for the day, so getting on my high horse and looking down on other people for what they eat is not going to help them lose more weight.

Agree. Some people take this way too far and expect others to follow. :)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I've picked up some great food ideas and recipes from other people's diaries!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I had a friend on here and when I looked at the diary...all day was crackers and chips! I couldn't believe it! and it wasn't just one day it was ALL the time...no wonder you're struggling...

I am of the mind that as long as you're watching the calories, you can eat pretty much whatever you want. However, that is still in moderation. You may be okay on calories but what about the grease from all the junk??
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Someone friended me, wanting advice...i accepted their request...ALL of their meals are fast food! Come on!!! And they still whine!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    And this is why my diary is private. I don't eat a bunch of junk, but I don't like the idea of people looking at my food choices and judging me. I try not to do it to others, either. Technically, you can eat what you like as long as you're within your calorie limit for the day, so getting on my high horse and looking down on other people for what they eat is not going to help them lose more weight.

THIS.
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    While I understand that its your business what you eat, don't ask someone to look at your diary, then be amazed when they tell you what you're eating is absolute crap. Especially if you're eating fast food 3x a day, like come on, you know its crap.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I get pissed when I see someone has like coffee for breakfast, some restaurant food like Chilis tortilla chips (2 whole baskets); cheesy bacony chicken something with fries and a lava cake and then have nothing for dinner because they don't have any calories left. Whyyyy??

I get pissed when they have all that AND then a big dinner and 2 scoops of ice cream too. I think if they've done THAT bad where they're at like 4000 calories before dinner...dinner isn't the best idea!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I AM!! :noway: :noway:

I really am shocked sometimes when you see someone saying how they are struggling to lose weight, so you glance at their diary.. and bloody hell!! (I'm Eeengleessh ;) .. NO WONDER!

I didn't eat half that junk while I was GETTING fat! .. .. How you can expect to be losing ANY weight.. or doing any good .. for your body with a diary like that amazes me tbh.

Breakfast - Junk
    Morning snack - Junk
    Lunch - Junk.
    Afternoon snack - Junk
    Dinner - None because ate so much junk this morning.
    Evening snack -Junk..

:huh: :noway:

But how can you POSSIBLY expect to lose weight, when you seem to be making almost ZERO effort with what is regularly going into your mouth?

I have PMS ..
    does it show? .. :flowerforyou:

Yep, I couldn't agree more! "Cheers!" :wink:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It is none of my business.
    I agree, none of mine either unless asked for ideas.

We all start somewhere, we're here on MFP, that's a giant step in itself! As others have shared this is why many of us leave ours private!
    I have PMS ..
    does it show? .. :flowerforyou:
    and yes...your pms IS showing... lol .... hopefully that's the only reason you chose to post this topic and take others diary inventory because you're having a bad day yourself.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Actually, what I think is even worse is looking at a diary and seeing nothing but junk, but also seeing that they've lost 20+ pounds. I am KILLING myself to try and eat healthy and barely losing!!! :)
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like looking at people' diaries. It gives me ideas on what to eat.

Me too! Some things that I think are high in calories aren't and I realize that I could eat that.

Also, I never judge what others eat, I know that it can be hard and maybe what they need it encourgagement and not chatizing. I can understand both sides of the arguments. But I am suprised at the food choices being made :huh:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I commented on someone that was eating like crap barely eating at all , boy was she pissed off at my comment.. don't post stupid **** and expect no one to notice...LOL